o8

~The Broken Smiled Angel~

~ Narrator POV ~

The two have been growing stronger and stronger by each day. Their relationship was still a secret upon Jongin's request to not tarnish Reina's reputation for being one of the most popular students in the school. But as stubborn as the Park family was, Reina's response was merely a few simple yet sweet sentences. "Since when did I care about my reputation? If I care about you, why should I care about what others think of me? It's not like I was forced into this relationship Jongin. I wanted this just as much as you did." The reply would make Jongin blush, then smile. He would always kiss Reina's forehead, making sure that she knew that he was lucky to have her.

However, one thing was still the same. Reina would always call him around 10pm, right before both of them went to bed, crying. Jongin was fed up with it. "I told you already Reina. Just move in with me and my parents. My umma already said okay and that she was willing to move the stuff around my noona's room so you could have your own room." But still Reina would refuse. "She'll find me and kill you Jongin." That was sure of it. If Reina's mom wasn't afraid to have her own eldest daughter thrown into jail for trying to take her baby sister with her so she could have a better life, just imagine what she would do to some kid that just so happens to be in love with Reina. Reina couldn't risk that. She cared about Jongin too much to have herself be a burden to him. She didn't want him dead because of her. Reina: I'd rather die than to see Jongin get hurt. Especially from that .

Soon, the school holidays came. Reina spent all of them with Jongin's family since her's was broken. Yura, Reina's eldest sister, was in Japan. Chanyeol was still in the army for another two years. There was only one day that all three of them could be together. It was an annual event. It was on the death anniversary of their father. The three would meet up in front of their Dad's old house, which was now in Yura's name but got taken care of by the landlord. They would go to their father's grave site and pray. After, they would stay in the house and reminisce about the old days. The next day, they would go back to their normal lives. Apart and lonely.

That day was tomorrow. Reina told Jongin about it, and he was okay with it. "Just make sure you get back safely, alright." Jongin kissed Reina before sending her off. "Don't get in trouble while I'm gone." The two would laugh and playfully punched each other's arms. "And take good notes for me too. It's the first time that Appa's death anniversary was on a school day." Jongin nodded and smiled. "Yes ma'am Ms. Park!" Jongin playfully shouted.

The two listened as Reina's train was said to depart soon. "Well, I guess that's you." Jongin said, somewhat sad. Reina nodded while looking down. "It's just one day. We can make it." Reina said softly. Jongin wrapped his arms around Reina and engulfed her into a warm, loving hug. "I love you Reina." Jongin whispered into her ear. "I love you too Jongin." The two kissed for what seemed to be eternity when it was a few mere seconds. They parted and nodded. Jongin slipped his black scarf off his neck and placed it around Reina's. "It might be cold over there." He said shyly. Reina nodded and smiled. "Last call for train 3G. All passengers please board."The two smiled at each other and Reina stepped onto the train. Jongin watched her walk towards her seat by the window and waved at him, a small tear running down her cheek. "Don't cry~" Jongin mouthed to her. The small gestures and faces that Jongin made while saying it made Reina laugh. The train started to move. Reina looked back at Jongin and waved. He waved back with a bright smile on his face. Reina: I hope he'll be alright.

~ Kai POV~

I turned around once Reina's train was out of sight. I sighed and watched my breath as it was visible in the cold December air. It's only one day. How much can happen between then?

~ Reina POV ~

Jongin was out of my sight. I brought his scarf up close to my nose and inhaled his familiar scent. It's just one day Rei~ but why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?

~ Narrator POV ~

The next day was normal for Jongin. It was back to when he wasn't even close to Reina. No one talked to him, no one bothered him. But he still felt empty inside. He took down the notes Mr. Kim was writing on the board soullessly. Is this day over yet? He looked at the clock and sighed. 

A crumpled up paper ball hit Jongin on the side of his head. Aish~ What the hell?! Jongin picked up the ball and examined it. He uncrumpled it and read the note. 

Stay away from my girl or else

This guy's handwriting is atrocious... Jongin paid no attention to the note and crumpled it back up. On the way out of the classroom, he threw it away and went on with his life.

"Ge....He paid no attention to the note." The youngest man said. The leader smirked and looked over at Jongin's direction. "Oh don't worry. He will." The leader took out his phone and started playing around with it. "Whatcha doing there Kris?" The eldest, yet babyfaced, man asked. Kris looked over at the group behind him and smirked. "We're going to Jeollado."

~ Kai POV ~

I was working on my homework in silence. Well except a rerun of Music Bank running in the background. I sighed as I lifelessly wrote out my essay. Is she alright?

I went looking through my phone's inbox to see two now-old messages from Reina. One was when she said she arrived safely at home with a picture of her and her brother, Chanyeol. He is wicked tall compared to her. Then another picture from like three hours ago of her, her sister Yura, and Chanyeol. The three of them were smiling, surrounding their father's grave. Reina captioned the picture as "The gang's all here~" which slightly broke my heart. But I could tell, even though all their faces were tear-soaked, they were happy to be together again. 

I put my phone down and went across the room to lay down on my bed. I'm soooooooo bored~~~~~~ I lifted my head up and looked at the picture of Reina and I when we went to the mall. It was a series of pictures of us acting silly in one of those photo booths. The last one always made me smile, which was just the two of us smiling and making victory signs at the camera.

My phone started going off, Reina's ringtone. I quickly jumped off the bed and picked up the phone. "Yeobosaeyo? Reina?" Her breath was unsteady, as if she was crying. "Jongin...." Her voice was cracking. As if she was scared. Something's wrong. "Reina? Reina what's wrong?" I asked while trying not to sound desperate and a little scared myself. "It's Kris...and the rest of the Chinese guys in our class. They- They-" I was getting angry and worried at the same time. What did those bastards do?! "What is it Reina? You can tell me." I heard Reina take another unsteady deep breath. "They are planning to kidnap me and have Yura-unnie and Chanyeol-oppa tied up. Save me Jongin. Save us. Please~" Reina started breaking down crying on the phone. I bit my lip and tried to calm myself down. I'll be right there baby girl. Don't you worry." Reina took another unsteady breath. "Hurry Jongin..." I took a deep breath and hung up the phone. I raced out of my room and started calling up some people. "Hey Junmyeon-hyung! I need you to get the guys together and meet me at the train station. It's an emergency."