Confession

One Second... Is All It Takes

"We're finally here," he panted holding his knees, the same way as me.

"Did we even have to run? He wasn't even catching up with us!" I yelled.

"I just wanted to,"

"Babo! All our energy is drained out because you wanted to?" I mumbled to myself.

"I hope you know, I heard it," he layed in the grass. His hands as his pillow. I did the same.

"I don't care," 

"Let's go on the swings," he grabbed my hand. "Sit down," my arms were crossed, still mad at him. "C'mon,"

I sat down. Babo, making us run for no good reason. 

"I'll push you," he started pushing the swing.

"I can swing on my own," I was grumpy.

"Ohhh little miss grumpy pants," he teased.

"Oh shut up,"

"Can I tell you something?"

"What?" I turned my head to him.

"You have to get off,"

"But I just got on," 

"I know," he smiled. I got off.

"Okay, now what?"

"I have to tell you something,"

"You already said that!"

"I know, but I'm scared to tell you this something," he bit his lip.

"What is it?" I was excited to hear this.

"I-I like someone,"

"Omo! Chincha?" I smiled. "Who is she, who who who?"

"The girl is the one who left school with me,"

"Who'--" I paused. "Me?"

"Y-yeah,"

It was me. I realized, he liked me. I don't know how to react, he's been my best friend, and nothing more, or at least that's what I've always thought. I don't want to hurt him, and say I don't like him.

At first I would've thought he was joking. But I know he's not, when he stutters, that means he's nervous and serious.

"I.....I"

"I know, you don't feel the same way," he looked down, "But I just kind of had to get it off my chest you know?"

I nodded. "It's good to know Jjong, but...I've never really thought of you as anything more than a best friend. You know? It's not like I'm trying to hurt you right now, it's just.. the way I feel. I'm sorry,"

"I already knew it. So it's fine. Let's go back on the swings." he insisted. I did as he said to make him feel better. "I'll push you again." I nodded.

What's going to happen now? We'll still be friends., right? Nothing will change? Right. Please tell me I'm right. Please, please, please tell me I'm right.