A Betrayal

Will 'We' Ever Gonna Be 'Us'?

Hi! So this is somekind of a filter or i don't know,hahaha,i just need to get this out of my system,let say that i think too much sometime about some thing,so here we go,and about Krystal and Amber steamy act.. Wow.. HAHAHAHA,i'll try but i'm not sure if it'll be on next chapter or later,but definitely not this one..Are you guys even in a proper age to read those stuffs?hahaha,just don't hope much about how it might turn to be,but i'll try,but for now,enjoy Chapter 10,thank you for all of the comments also for those who willingly subscribed to this story,and basically everyone who dropped by to read this,pardon for grammar errors and have a nice weekend ^^

.......................................................................................

It was never their intention when it happened. At least for one of them it really never has.

 

They just met again after a couple of years since he moved out of town to attend a prestigious college somewhere his parent wanted, a consequences of being part of a family who lives by an image he said, so he must made their family current shining image remained untainted. He was just visiting the town he finds closest to be called and felt as home. Somewhere where he could be really and feel like himself, before a big change happens with his family, that made somehow, simplicity didn’t seems to fit their household anymore, physically and mentally speaking.

 

She knew how much of a struggle he had been through and how much this town and the old neighborhood meant for him. But surely she didn’t know all about him, which she might about to find out during his supposed to be short visit.

 

When he showed up in front of her university building he expected to see both of them, because that’s how it always has been and that’s the fact he had to learn to accept since highschool. Even after she showed up alone and tackled him with a big hug and a punch on his shoulder, he didn’t dare to guess on what could have had happen after a couple of years on purposely cutting all ties between them, blaming on how hard it is to juggled time between going to college and work with his old man’s, afraid that he’d hope another empty hope. Something he had to learn to let go since years ago back in highschool.

 

He glad he didn’t hope much for anything when she told him the other member of their highschool trio currently abroad completing her obligations in order to fulfill her credits for her double degree programs. But nonetheless, he didn’t deny that he’s glad. He could have her by himself at least during his supposed to be a short stays.

 

Don’t get him wrong. There’s nothing personal between him and the other girl. He considered her as a close friend too. Its just, they happened to love the same girl, in fact he loved her, his best friend first. But lady luck didn’t drop by on his doors, but his close friends instead, so that’s why the girl he loved wasn’t with him but with someone else instead. Did it make him hate her, his close friend? For taking away the girl he loved? He isn’t that immature that’s for sure. After all, he never confessed, never planned to confessed, more to he never realized the need to confess about his feelings to her, until he saw their closeness throughout their highschool years. But he saw her happy, so he chose to learn to accepted it.

 

They just had a whole day out that weekend, on Saturday to be exact. After he picked her up suddenly from her university, they went out around town to reminisced, they even visited their highschool ground, before they strolled aimlessly until dinner time, then decided to just go back to an apartment he rented to stay in, watch some movies, and talk, just a random talk about anything.

 

It feels like old time again, like every weekend they’d spent in either her house or his that happened to be just across the streets years ago, before his family condition changed, before new peoples, new friends came along, before things were a lot less complicated than before feelings involved in between.

 

Sitting on his apartment living room two seated couch, side by side, he listened to her stories, her dreams, her hopes for her futures, as always. It was always like this, she always like this, being the most talkative one between them three, while the other two had nothing else left to do but to listen and gave her a proper but honest response. Only when it came to her worries that he started to lost his interest to listen, especially after a round or two or even more cans of beers. Because all he’d hear would be, Amber. And even if he’s okay with them when he was sober, alcohol sometime made people became someone they’re not or not intended to be.

 

He was too drunk to even realize that his annoyance shouldn’t be shown. And she was too drunk to notice his changing moods. She kept talking, he kept ignoring, empty cans of beer kept increasing, obviously the opposite with their consciousness that kept faltering as times goes by.

 

That was until one moment on that night, that would changed the situations between them..

 

It started with..

 

“If I kissed you would you shut up?” he said with a flat tone and a bitter sense of emotion as he kept his eyes of the beer can he was holding.

 

She chuckled “Why would you want me to shut up? And you want to kiss me for that?” in her drunken state, finding what her best friend said was rather funny and ridiculous than serious “You sure its not because you just want to kiss me?” she poked his shoulder jokingly.

 

“Maybe I do” he looked at her straight to her eyes.

 

It did surprise her, but some of her remaining sanity reminded her that he might be too drunk to even realized what he just said “You’re drunk Xiao Fan” this time she ruffled his hair.

 

He chuckled bitterly before he grab her wrist with his left arm, dropped the beer can he was holding with his right hand, not even care with its content that started to spilled out and stained the carpeted floor in no time, then putting his now free hand on her nape to pull her closer until their lips briefly met, before she pushed him away in shocked.

 

“What the are you doing?!” she shouted, taken back by his action.

 

Again he chuckled then sighed “I’ve been wanting to do that for years”

 

“What?”

 

“I hate my life Al, you know that right?” he sadly smiled with his eyes fixed on his two empty palms “Everybody thought I have everything.. Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful, I don’t want to make you start lecturing me about how grateful I should feel with all I have now because there’s a lot of people out there who’s not as fortunate or lucky as I am like you told me years ago” he chuckled again.

 

“Its just..” he heavily sighed “There’s a lot of things I’ve lost more than what I got”

 

Her anger, confusion and annoyance changed drastically to a familiar concerned feeling she always felt towards this best friend of her, it’s different with love, that’s what she’s sure about, at least for that moment probably.

 

“I could have anything with these fortunes people said, I could be anything, I could get anything I want” he scoffed “That’s a lie Al, a big, fat, ing lie”

 

“What do you mean?” she asked him softly after she noticed the sadness in his tone.

 

“My parents filing for divorcement last month” and it shocked her, she understand that sometime some relationships, even under the holy matrimony, couldn’t last forever. But still it took her by surprised, especially knowing that Mr and Mrs. Wu she happened to knew for years seems like the kind of couple that would stick to each other no matter what, even her parents once thought they should learn to be like the Wu couples. They could see the love, understanding and care between those two. The Wu’s is a happy family. Or was.

 

“Yes they did. And until now they’re still fighting over.. Can you guess?” he sadly smiled at her, she slowly shook her head “Money. Mom claimed she deserves more than half of what they got during their marriage years knowing that dad’s the one who broke their marriage vows by screwing his secretary, and dad, he said the allegations based on mere misunderstandings and that it was mom who cheated behind his back with our gardener, and they both said that they got a legit proves. Can you imagine that Al?” he laughed too out loud.

 

“Both of them said that they felt hurt, thus they want it to just get it done with some so called fair amount money as the compensation of their pain. Ridiculous aren’t they?” he chuckled while a tear drop fell from his eyes to one of his empty opened palm “For all I have now, I lost my parents.. Does it still count that I could have anything I want, while I couldn’t even have the same loving couple I used to see whenever anyone start talking about parents?”

 

She hugged him. Folding her legs on the couch next to him, encircling one of her arm around his shoulder and putting her other arm on his head, letting it rest on her shoulder. She’s familiar with this side of him, ever since the situations within his family changed. His family used to be just a normal mid class family with his father working in the same company with her father in marketing department, until his father daringly show their big boss his own idea of marketing program for one of their product, that turned out to be a big hit, and Mr. Wu’s career were set to shine bright ever since.

 

They moved to an upper class neighborhood. They slowly changed their routine and focuses on their new found life. Sadly, they changed their interactions with each other too. Kris often felt lost because he’s used to have his parents being sweet with each other, he’s used to get fussed by his mother all the time, being the only child he is, and he’s used to have his father as not only a parent, but a friend too. But suddenly everything’s changed. His parents started to gets more busy. His father with his new position in the company, his mother started her dream career as a writer.

 

Everything looked good outside but doubtfully inside. She knows it because she’d always found him coming to her to spent time. Just sitting next to each other on a park bench near the old playground seemed enough for him, although she hoped he’d share more, he never did. And she glad when he finally did.

 

“I just want my parents, and yet I couldn’t have them anymore” he hugged her tightly, buried her nose on her shoulder then on the crook of her neck while whispering an audible whispers “And I want you.. And yet I couldn’t have you..”

 

He could feel her stiffened after he said that, so he slowly let her go to look at her and said “I have nothing Al.. Because nothing that I wanted, wants me back” they looked at each other without sharing any words until he softly plead “I want you Al.. Can I have you?”

 

She didn’t move nor she said anything. He hesitated at first, contemplating, but then he slowly leaned forward, to captured her immobile lips. He kissed her once, she still not moving. He kissed her twice, she slowly closed her eyes. He kissed her thrice, she started to kiss back.

 

A simple kiss turns into something more when longing and intoxicated mind collides. Blames it on the situations, blames it on the opportunities, blames it on the alcohol at some event, but most importantly, blames it on the individuals when an act of betrayal happened.

 

But sometime, even the person couldn’t be fully blamed, when there’s love involved..

 

And love, is a crazy little thing that hardly could be stopped once it existed, hardly, not impossibly. There’s when logic needed. But then, who use logics when they are in love? Also don’t forget the fact that sometime, we humans got confused, on whether its love, or its just a lust?

 

Hence, a betrayal..