= I'LL TAKE WHATEVER =

B-L-A-C-K
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We are standing in front of him while he was busy working with his papers. It is still early in the morning but he was that busy with such papers on his table. He was busy signing some documents while I and the girls were nervously standing here. We were called this morning to go to his office first. We don’t know any reason why does he need to talk to us. There are only two reasons why an artist has been called to this office. One is because he wants you to do something and the second one is to reprimand us. Thinking of the latter one makes us asked each other if we did something wrong and none of us did. So, on our way here, we kept thinking and thinking why the CEO needs to talk to us.

 

“ Hmmmm…”

 

He finally uttered a sound. We have been standing here for thirty minutes and yet he just uttered a sound.

 

“Do you know why I called you?”

 

He was still busy with his papers.  He was not looking at us but at those papers. We looked at each other and asked with our eyes only. Minzy shrug her shoulder while Dara unni moves her head right and left. Bom unnie just pouted her lips showing that she doesn’t have any clue. None of us knew the reason why we were called. Is it about our performance? Is it about our song? Is it about our album? What? We really don’t know.

 

“ Hmmmm…”

 

“Don’t you know?”

 

He closed the folder he’s been signing and finally he looked at us. His face was blank. No one can really read what he is thinking. I have been here for many years but every time I look at him, the goose bumps were still there.

 

“Chaerin…”

 

He called my name and my alert level just increases. I composed myself and held my head high. I looked straight to his eyes. One thing the CEO wants is that when the person he called can answer him and can look directly to his eyes. Just like one person I know.

 

“ Yes. Sajangnim”

 

I mastered this. I mastered to appear confident in front of him, not only at him but also in front of many people. He smiled at me and I don’t really know why he was smiling at me like that.

 

“Do you have any idea, why I called you girls today?”

 

“ No Sajangnim. We don’t have any idea why did you call us today.”

 

He put aside the folder he’s been signing and looked at us. He looked at us one by one. Eye to eye and the feeling of being uncomfortable is here again.

 

“ Well…”

 

“How about, telling me something that is very interesting?  Do you have anything to tell me Chaerin?”

 

My brows met as he asked me that question. My members were also looking at me now. What is he up to? I crease my forehead as I cannot think of anything. And then an idea comes up. Did he find…

 

“I just want to inform you girls that the viewers had a good review of your performances. Your single has been successfully released and many people loved it not only here but also abroad. They also said that you improved so much this time. The looks, the way you dance and even the vocals. So I want to personally congratulate you. “

 

We sighed concurrently. Relived that it was good news after all. We smiled to each other and at him. However, I notice that he wasn’t that happy at all. What’s the matter this time? It is only me who thinks that he avoids contact in my eyes? Chaerin! You’re over thinking again. Stop it. It will not help you.

 

“ Sajangnim…”

 

I heard Bom unnie. She was hesitating to say something to the boss. She and Dara unnie were pointing each other who will tell what they want to say.  I looked at Minzy and asked her what’s going on with our eyes only and she just move her head in sideways a bit telling me that she doesn’t have any idea.

 

“ Yes, Bommie?”

 

“Ahmmm…”

 

“What? What do you want to say?”

 

“ It’s not me, Dara here wants to say something Sajangnim.”

 

Bom unnie answered quickly. The boss looked at Dara who was at that time startled what to say to him.

 

“ Yes, Dara?”

 

“ Ahh…”

 

“What is it? Come on tell me.”

 

“ Sa---jang----nim…  Sajangnim”

 

Dara unnie started with her trembling voice. The boss was waiting patiently what she will say same as me and Minzy. Bom unnie was trying to hide her wide smile.  She’s happy I know that Dara unnie will be the one to tell it to the boss.

 

“Since we are good at our comeback, can we take a vacation? We will appreciate even a short vacation sajangnim. We just want to cool down from the pressure you gave us due to our comeback.”

 

“So, you were pressured? No, I’m the one who pressured you?”

 

The boss asked mischievously. He was grinning while looking at us.

 

“ Ani… It’s not what Dara means sajangnim. She meant that this comeback has given us a lot of pressure. Look at me sajangnim. I lose too much eight. My mom told me that I’m too skinny now. But it was okay since I feel ier this way.”

 

“ Nah, Bommie. You’re skinny. Not y... It’s different.”

 

Dara unnie interrupted her.

 

“Yah! Mwoh? Is it you who is telling me that I’m skinny? Look at you Dara! You’re skinnier!”

 

“Unnie. Stop it. You are both y. “

 

My leader sense alert me as the two members were starting to tease each other about being skinny and y. It was okay to tease each other because we used to do that but not in front of the CEO. They just get comfortable because of the good news that the CEO gave us that they forgot how to behave in front of him.

 

“And you too Chaerin is y. Also Minzy.”

 

I looked back at him and bow my head to say thanks. Minzy did the same.

 

“So, you want a vacation?”

 

He cleared Dara unnie’s idea. I never thought they will ask him this. I think it’s way too early. We just produce one song and they want a vacation immediately? However, as I remember they were right. We had a lot of pressure because of this comeback. The boss asked us to change our image from being strong and powerful to being pretty, y and irresistible.

 

“ Neh sajangnim”

 

The two unnie answered with Minzy. They looked at me when I didn’t answer.  The way Bom unnie looked at me feels like she wants to slash me out when I didn’t respond. Her eyes got bigger asking me why I didn’t answer.

 

“What about you CL, what do you think of their idea?”

 

I’m sure now that these three will kill me if I will disagree with them so I better save myself from their torture and agreed to this. Who wouldn’t want a vacation by the way?

 

“I think we deserve a vacation sajangnim. It maybe too early to ask you this but unnie was right that we need a breather after the pressure we felt in this comeback and album. After this SHORT vacation sajangnim, we assure you that we will be better on stage, not only on stage but in everything.”

 

“ Arasso. Ask you manager later when is you free schedule. But like you said, it will be SHORT. Maybe one week is okay. You need to go back here as soon as possible because you have to rehearse for the next single you will be doing. “

 

“Thank you sajangnim”

 

 

 

“However..…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry to say that……

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ CL, you cannot be with them. You’ll be staying here because you have to rehearse for Jiyong’s concert.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ But Sajangnim…”

 

Minzy wants to protest but held back when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter