Friend or Foe

Agent 143

Sooyoung bursted through the entrance of the red zone, grinning at Taecyeon and Yoona who were watching television from the couch. Yoona’s face reddened when Sooyoung caught Taecyeon’s arm around her shoulder.

“Seriously Soo? Breaking another moment of ours?” Taecyeon whined, shooting an accusing stare at Sooyoung. Yoona hit his arm, forcing him to shut his mouth.

“I’m sorry Taec but something fun’s going on and you guys should come!” she hopped towards them in excitement. “The Aces suggested zip-lining today!”

Yoona broke from Taecyeon’s hold which startled him confusingly. “Really? Gosh it’s been a while!”

“See? I told you!” Sooyoung nudged Yoona’s arm with her elbow. “So you guys in?”

“You bet!” Yoona high-fived with Sooyoung, nodding her head.

“See you at the pentagon!” Sooyoung skipped off merrily out the exit, heading to the lift.

Taecyeon stood up, blocking Yoona from going forward. “Hold up miss,” he lifted his hand up, causing her to stare at him.

“What?” she asked as if she was innocent.

He leaned his head closer. “Where do you think you’re going?”

She pointed at the exit. “Downstairs.”

Scoffing, he crossed his arms. “You’re going and I don’t even deserve to know what you’re doing?”

“I’ll explain it to you when we get there. Now come on,” Yoona linked hands with Taecyeon, dragging her with him. Taecyeon let her drag him, turning quiet for a while. Yoona led Taecyeon to the third floor, marching pass the arena as they headed outdoors. Taecyeon squinted his eyes when the sun’s rays landed on his face, blinding his eye-sight for a minute. Once he regained clear vision, his eyes glances at the area. They were at the Pentagon, an area shaped like the pentagon. It was an open area, with trees planted at the five corners, two benches at each side and holes from the cemented ground formed a spherical shape in the middle of the area. Taecyeon smiled when water splashed from the ground, realizing it was a big fountain in the middle.

“More like a little park structured for the agents,” Taecyeon commented.

“An outdoor area for us to take some air at times,” Yoona replied, then pointing at two building facing each other in the opposite direction. “These two buildings are what we use for zip-lining. The higher building is the take off point, the shorter one is where you land. So it’s like flying downwards. The distance between the two building is quite long so it’s more fun.”

Taecyeon swallowed hard at the height of the taller building. “I don’t know about heights though.”

Yoona laughed, “So Ok Taecyeon is afraid of heights huh? Weakness point number two!” she teased.

“Why is it number two?”

“Your first one was the puzzle.”

Taecyeon rolled his eyes. “Hey, hey, hey. Aren’t you afraid of it?”

“I told you, I don’t have any weaknesses,” she grinned proudly. “I overcame my fear of heights so, no big deal,” she shrugged.

Tiffany, Sunny and Chansung came running to them, appearing exhilarated. “You guys should join the rest now. Boy that was fun!” Tiffany clapped in enthusiasm her eyes twinkling.

“Is it me or did you people run a marathon or something,” Taecyeon smirked.

Sunny grumbled at him. “You try it then Taec!”

Taecyeon shook his head. “Oh no I’m fine thank you,” he replied, pretending to lack interest when he was actually terrified about it.

Chansung gave Taecyeon a wicked smile. “Seems to me you’re afraid of heights Taec.”

Taecyeon stuttered. “I am not!” he defended.

“Okay then mister, go for it!” Tiffany and Sunny stuck their tongues out.

Yoona chuckled, “Join me Taec?” she winked at him in a flirtatious way. Taecyeon groaned, catching up with Yoona. Taecyeon hesitantly stepped into the elevator, standing timidly beside Yoona. He watched the number of floors ascend, his confidence descending. The doors opened, they walked to the edge of the building where others were waiting in line for their turn. Taecyeon peeked over the edge, horrified at the height they were at. The frightening sight made him sick all of a sudden, his stomach in a tight knot. Taecyeon grabbed Yoona’s arm, twirling her around as she looked at him in surprise.

“I don’t think I can do it,” he confessed timidly, with his head low.

Yoona smiled at him, holding his chin up to look at her. “Come on Taecyeon, take courage,” but she only heard him sigh in response. “How about this, I’ll let you sleep with me tonight,” she motivated.

Taecyeon smirked in mischief. “Tempting.” Yoona smacked his arm, fearing someone might hear them. He sighed, “Okay, I’ll do it. Let’s overcome acrophobia!”

“That’s the spirit!” Yoona pumped her fist in the air, cheering on Taecyeon.

Taecyeon observed Yoona tighten the straps of the sling that was attached to her waist and either sides of her thighs. She raised her arm, waving at an agent down below indicating she was ready to take off. With his breath held, he jumped when Yoona screamed her lungs out as she slid down the steel cable, descending smoothly through the air. He heard her laugh merrily from a distance.

“Next,” said the agent who was in assistance. Taecyeon swallowed the lump in his throat, approaching the edge of the building with wobbly footsteps. He peeked over the ground once again, his heart throbbing with anxiety.

“How high are we?” Taecyeon turned to the young male who was helping him attach the sling.

The lad smiled. “We’re seven hundred feet high sir.”

Seven hundred feet?! Taecyeon closed his eyes in frustration, hitting himself for why he had to do this. “Alright you’re all set,” he heard the boy say. Taecyeon’s hands grasped tightly onto the thick rope infront of him as he prepared himself in a sitting position. Sticking out his hand in the air, the people below send him a signal that he could then take off anytime.

“This is it Taec,” he mumbled to himself before jumping off the edge. Taecyeon made a loud roar coming deep from his lungs, the wind’s intensity it forced tears into his eyes as he glided through. Sudden rush of adrenaline raced through his veins, making him laugh in a hysterical way. As speed picked up, Taecyeon no longer felt the anxiety. He felt as light as a feather and all his worries vanished in the gust of the wind.

“Woah!” Taecyeon exclaimed when he reached the other building, grinning once he noticed Yoona and Chansung running to him. Yoona giggled, throwing her arms around his neck. Taecyeon chuckled into her hair, hugging her in his arms.

“Wow you’ve done it Taec!” Chansung fist-bumped with him, laughing along.

“You’re right that was awesome!”

“You did it Taec! I’m proud of you,” Yoona said gently.

“Thank you Miss Im,” he smiled.

Strolling back to the pentagon, Taecyeon took a rest on the bench as he breathe in some air. Yoona and Chansung sprinted back to the elevator, wanting to take another round again. Seulong, Tiffany and Sooyoung spotted him, huddling over shortly.

“I’m impressed, you’re not crying huh Taec?” Seulong teased with a smirk in place.

Taecyeon rolled his eyes. “I’m so gonna kill you bro.”

Seulong gasped dramatically. “Oh no!”

“Okay cut it out guys,” Tiffany and Sooyoung warned them.

“Hey guys! Did you fly yet?” Taecyeon shifted his eyes on the girl who resembled so much like Yoona and then Choi Minho, beside her.

Tiffany greeted the girl with an eye-smile. “Yes we did Krystal! Have you?”

“Nope, Minho and I just arrived.”

Tiffany gestured at the girl in front of Taecyeon. “Taecyeon, this is Krystal she’s an ace and Minho too, in case you don’t know them.”

Taecyeon stood up shaking hands with Krystal but only nodded at Minho. “Oh yeah, I only met Minho but nice to meet you sweetheart,” he smiled at Krystal as she blushed. “Are you two together or something?”

Krystal stiffened next to Minho who forced a small smile. “Minho and I are close,” Krystal stated simply.

“But you could consider them more than that,” Tiffany teased Krystal who was embarrassed by her remark.

A few minutes later, Taecyeon was left alone with Minho when the rest wanted to try zip-lining again.

“So Minho,” Taecyeon cleared his throat starting a conversation. “How long have you been here?”

Minho glanced at Taecyeon, then stared back at the sky. “Four years.”

“Known Yoona for long?”

Minho scoffed. “Yes, actually I’m one of her close juniors in the headquarters.”

“Is it?” Taecyeon questioned. “Wonder why you’re not a professional.”

“I ask myself that too,” Minho said softly. “I wonder why I’m treated unfairly when I’ve worked my off during these four years and yet, I still didn’t get a ranking promotion,” Minho shot an icy gaze at Taecyeon. “And you came in already ranked in the professional zone. It’s funny isn’t it?”

Taecyeon’s jaw clenched, not liking where the conversation was leading to. “Maybe you didn’t try hard enough nor did you deserve it,” he said.

Minho scowled, forcing his eyes shut. “Or maybe you should leave the Espionage. Your uproaring fame seem to block everyone else in the headquarters,” he wrestled.

“Block the rest or am I a specific threat to you?” Taecyeon snapped.

Minho rose from his seat, his nose flaring. “You don’t know anything about me Taecyeon.”

Taecyeon stood up as well. “I might not know anything about you, but I can always find out.”

Minho snickered, amused slightly. “I guess your presence here is a mistake indeed. A threat even,” he mumbled.

“Am I the threat? Or is it you? You’re hiding some dirty secret because I remember clearly I did nothing wrong to you,” Taecyeon rambled, leaning closer to Minho with his eyes sparking in rage.

“Oh, you have now,” Minho spat out. “Watch out Ok Taecyeon,” he warned in a threatening tone before walking away, heading back to the arena.

Taecyeon’s knuckles turned white when he clenched his fists, watching Minho march back inside the arena. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew Minho didn’t have any good intentions. Taecyeon thought he might even be an enemy in disguise.

 

Jaesuk bit his thumb, staring at the piece of note that was sent to him. He pondered hard urging to know who was it from. The spies entered his office, settling down in the chairs, facing their leader.

“My apologies for calling you here but this situation may turn out dangerous if things may get out of hand,” Jaesuk stated, looking at each one of them. “We have to discuss this.”

“But how are we going to do this if we’re only given one piece of evidence?” Haha asked.

Sukjin sighed helplessly. “Jaesuk, are there no fingerprints on it?”

Jaesuk shook his head. “I’m afraid not. I’ve got it under inspection but it’s left without a trace.”

“Who could it be this time?” Gary frowned as he folded his arms.

“Think of Jongkook’s victims from before,” Kwangsoo blurted out.

Jongkook glared at Kwangsoo. “Why is it always me?”

Kwangsoo shrugged innocently. “You’re always picking on other in the past with your sparta vibes.”

Jihyo then spoke up, gaining attention from everyone. “I think it’s Choi Minsoo.”

Jaesuk’s mouth parted, a shiver ran down his spine at the hear of that name. “Why do you think so Jihyo?”

“Our chief kicked him out of the Espionage remember? Because you were better, he failed to impress our chief and now he’s doing this to us,” Jihyo explained in detail, recalling the past.

Jaesuk let out an exasperated sigh, knowing it made sense to him. “What does he want now.”

 

Minho marched along the gloomy hallway, leading to his uncle’s office. Servants opened the doors for him, as Minho entered with confidence. He saw his uncle sitting in his swivel chair, admiring the sky through the tall glass windows.

“Uncle,” Minho called out.

Choi Minsoo turned around, smiling at his nephew. “Minho you’re here. How’s it going?”

“Good but someone is being a threat in the headquarters.”

Minsoo stifled from snickering. “One of your spy mates?”

“No just someone from a different rank.”

“I see,” Minsoo walked around his desk, lighting up a cigarette in hand. “Don’t worry Minho, we’ll make them kneel down in front of us soon. Just be patient my nephew,” he said patting Minho on the back.

“Are we taking actions now?”

“No but soon we will,” Minsoo took a few steps closer to the glass windows, smiling at the scenery upon him. “I’ll make them pay for what they’ve done,” he mumbled to himself.


yes, if you guys watch running man you'll know who choi minsoo is :) 

thanks for reading my dear readers! ^^