04. JunHyung's ~ Questions

A Bitter Day ~ Behind the song~

 

I recommend to play the song at the very start of every chapter.

I hope it is up to your expectation


 

My phone was ringing loudly. I could feel a pair of hand yanking me to wake up. It annoyed me. I was trying to ignore it as I took my pillow closer to me; embracing it more and more. A groan came out for that someone, and he was mumbling nonsense out of his frustration. I could feel a smile coming up into my face, as I am sure about the future of my sleeping time today. I moved my feet, trying to put it under the blanket searching for some warmth. I was ready to take off to dream world again or is it water world? What is this cold feeling around me? Cold and wet. WET?!

 

“YAH!!!!! WHAT THE ?! Nan micheosseo?!!!” I yanked my body straight up on the bed.

Well, that was a wrong move, “AWW!”

Yeah, you got it right. My head hit the top bunk causing a loud bump in the room. I fell again while holding my head. My body was crunching into a ball as if it trying to help ease the pain. I was like a kid throwing a tantrum. I glared at the person who was laughing at me. Hyunseung, Jang Hyunseung, you will die in my hands today. His laugh soon toned down as he saw my evil smirk. He panicked and I could see it in his face. Stupid 4D prince(ss). I crawled out and was ready to jump to him when he suddenly held my precious Iphone.

 

“Ya.. yah, a call. That was why I wake you up.” He stuttered and my smirk was wider than ever.

“Ya… yaa.. yah! Chincha!! Jebal! Chincha-yo!” He quickly pushed the Iphone monitor in front of my face and a call was in.

Hong-appa nim

CALLING

 

My eyes widened as I saw the caller ID. Hyunseung casually threw the Junhyung’s-precious-iphone towards me making me giving him the do-you-wanna-die glare. He threw me a mehrong and ran away with his reddish orange hair. I quickly pressed answer and put the phone next to my ear. It was a quick call because it didn’t last over 30 seconds.

 

“Junhyung-ah, come to office. I need for you for something. I’ll explain more at the office.”

“Arasso, Hong-appa nim. I’ll be there in thirty minutes.”

I hung up and jumped out my bed.

 


 

He was busy with a phone call when I entered the office. He motioned me to sit at the sofa while he finishes the phone call. I was wondering about the reason he called me into the office. My eyes wandered around the office as I tried to guess the reason he called me there. Did I do something wrong? Is it another scandal? Another collaboration perhaps? I got easily excited at the last option. I love my music and I always wanted to make songs and be featured. I took a seat on a sofa in front of Mr. Hong as he motioned me to. He gave me a quick smile while he finishes his phone call.

 

“Junhyung-ah, wasseo?” He walked towards me, taking a seat in front me.

I felt nervous for no obvious reason. Maybe because I didn’t the reason for him calling me to the office. Well, I don’t know, maybe I’m just excited. I saw him looking at some papers in his hands and it looked like schedule sheets.

“Junhyung-ah, you do know that Hyuna is having a solo comeback in July right?” he took his attention of the papers and stared at me.

“Nde, arassoyo.” I tried to keep a straight face hearing her name.

“About that, I need your help for her new song. The ballad one seemed not good enough and I want you to help her write the song.”

 

I froze hearing the request that Mr. Hong made. I need to work with Hyuna. I got this mixed feeling in my stomach, a bit a happy and nervousness. Mr. Hong face looked like he wouldn’t take no for an answer and it was giving me a chill down my spine.

“Can you do it Junhyung? I know you’re in the midst of you promotion.” He looked at me with concerned eyes. He was still the kind CEO that I knew from before.

“Nde. I will do it.” I answered him, ”Thank your for giving me this opportunity.”

“I know I can count on you Junhyung-ah.” He gave a bright smile at me, “wait for a moment okay. I think Hyuna already arrived here.”

“Nde.”

 

Wait. What? She is coming here now?  I could feel a big lump of nervousness crawling inside me. What should I do when I meet her? Our last meeting wasn’t a happy one and you could say that it ended badly. What should I say to her? Would she listen to me?

 

I heard a knock at the door. Mr. Hong seemed that he didn’t notice it because he was accepting another phone call. I knew who was at the door. The soft knocking was hers, her habit. I hesitated whether to open the door or not but seeing that Mr. Hong didn’t notice it, I decided to. Those were my heaviest steps of the day; it was hard just to lift my feet. I took my time, longer than usual just to open the door.  Seeing that I was getting closer to the door, I could hear my heart was thumping hard and I couldn’t control it.  My hand was on the door handle and my eyes were staring at it. It seemed that the handle became heavier than usual, like it was made from rock. My grip on it tightened as if I wanted to break it. I opened the door.

 

I didn’t dare to look at her in the eyes. I just looked down and throw my gaze away from her. Her face was surprised to see me, her eyes grew wider and her lips were closed tightly; not making any sign of smile. I opened the door wider to let her in. She was avoiding any physical contacts with me; her body was moving awkwardly to avoid me who was holding the door for her. She was being careful. I missed her careless moves. I miss her cheerful greeting when she meets me. A part of me was hurt, I could feel that, when I realized she changed.

 

I closed the door and followed her slowly from behind. I could see the big smile and the big hug Mr. Hong giving her. I wanted to do that too. My mind was wandering on my memories with her. I wanted to stop but I think I lost myself back then.

 

“Oh Junhyung-ah, come and take a sit too.” Mr. Hong’s voice pulled my back into reality.

 

I took a sit beside her. I could see that she was tense as her body stiffened since Mr. Hong said my name. Hyuna-yah, did hearing my name made you hurt? I didn’t know how to react at her foreign attitude, she was different from before and I knew I am too. I couldn’t sit like I usually do. I couldn't be laid back anymore beside her. Why?

 

Mr. Hong and her voice sound blurred in my ears. My focus was gone and my mind wandered to elsewhere. I was thinking non-stop on how to make this awkward feeling in myself, right. Something wasn’t right, we never used to be like this; we used to be “normal”. Is normal the right words to describe us back then? Are we normal? What normal between you and me, Hyuna-yah?

 

“ Jun.. ani.. BEAST oppas are having FICTION promotion too.” Her voice rang in my head.

 

She was avoiding my name. A part of me realized that my name hurt her. Yong Jun Hyung, even my name hurt her. Do I have to change my name again, so you won’t be hurt by it? But, I like the way you called my name Hyuna-yah.  I could feel my chest was hurting. I didn’t know why. Could it be because I realize that she wouldn’t call me the same way like before? I didn’t understand. Does it matter to me? Yah, Junhyung pabo. You loved it when she calls you that. It matter the most for you.

 

“Junhyung already agreed to this. So don’t worry okay?” Mr. Hong was smilling at me, waiting for an answer, “Right Junhyung?”

“Nde” I quickly grasped into reality and answer him quickly.

 

To tell you the truth, I didn't know what was he talking about in precise. My attention was on her and at the thinking in my head. All I know was the conversation suddenly finished. Mr. Hong was giving her a giant bear hug and a pat in the back for me. Her tiny shoulders shrugged weakly. She was disappointed in herself. It was her habit. I knew she didn’t want to collaborate with me.

 

Is it the right choice for me to accept this offer?

 

She was trying to make herself look busy and I know that she was typing nonsense words in her phone. She didn’t want to talk to me or even see me. In short, she doesn’t want to be anywhere near me. I knew about that and that was the fact I’m trying to accept. But I needed to talk to her even if I don’t have any reason for it. She was walking in a hurry; her small steps were at a faster pace than usual. I followed her. My mind was telling to not let her go from my sight at least for now because I had the chance. I wanted to see her even just for another minute. Words were making it way in my head, trying to pull out a good excuse to be with her for another minute. I grabbed her shoulder to stop her from getting any further from me.

 

“Hyuna-yah”

 

It was the first word out of my lips.

 


 

The moment she turned slowly to face me was a nerve wrecking moment for me. I noticed her hands were clenching tight into a fist. She didn’t want to see me. She looked my in the eyes with such sadness that made think that accepting this offer maybe a wrong thing to do. I knew she was hurting inside.

 

“Waegureseyo, Jae…” She hesitated, “Junhyung oppa?”

I could fell a part of me relieved that she called my name and wanting to yell out the happiness inside me but another part of me realized to that she was pushing the words out of . She didn’t want to say it. Hyuna-yah, Is it hard for you to say Jaesoon or Junhyung that it made you paused when you talk? I’m sorry for hurting you like this.

“Oo..oh, about the song.”

I started to the anxiety crawling down when I was trying to voice out a reason. The fact was I still didn’t get any reason to hold her back. My mind was racing with time when suddenly I just blurted out the first thing that came out in my head.

“Let’s meet the songwriter now! Op..pa,” I knew I choose the wrong word, “will have a tight schedule a few days ahead. You know so we can get an idea first.”

“Arasso.” She replied with a smile.

 

She was bluffing her smile. It was different. Did all of this time she changed so much that he didn’t know that it was happening. It was so sudden, this meeting today and maybe I was not ready to meet the new her. I decided to walk first in front of her, knowing that I’ll be more uncomfortable for her to stand beside me. She was keeping a distance from me, trying to not get too close. I missed how we would bump each other’s shoulders when we walk and throwing each other a mischievous smile. I was trying to slow down my pace for her to keep up while glancing at her to check out if she was fine or not. I was hoping that she would give me her usual smile and her naughty jokes along the way. But I guess it won’t be happening anything soon. Time sure flies.

 

I’m sorry Hyuna-yah.

 


 

I opened the door for her. She avoided eye contact with me and quickly entered the room while giving a bow to Mr. Choi, the composer. I also give him a bow and sit on a chair in front of him. It didn’t take long before he started to explain every detail about the song. Mr. Hong already contacted him first the other day.

 

“So the song would have a general idea of a breakup.” Mr. Choi briefly explained to both of us.

“A heart wrenching ballad that contains raps in it, and since Hyuna has experience in rapping, the rapping part can be more intense.” he continued with focus still on the paper in front of him, “The character in the song didn’t want the breakup to be done, but couldn’t do anything about it as her lover already decided to do so.”

“But wouldn’t it be to ordinary and would just sound like another ballad song?” She questioned Mr. Choi.

“The rap part.” I didn’t want this to be just another song, especially not if I was to make this with her. I wanted it to be special.

”Wouldn’t it be interesting if it had replying raps? A girl and boy rap part that talk about their feeling of the breakup.”

“It would be an intense number ballad! Yah! Great idea Junhyung-yah.” Mr. Choi was getting very excited due to Junhyung’s suggestion,”Hyuna will rap the girl part and you, Junhyung, will the do the boy part.”

 

I felt that a burden just fell onto my shoulders. I stole a glance at her and I could see her disagree face. She didn’t want to do it. She would rather didn’t have a ballad song that having one that she had to sing with me. She didn't tell me that but her worried face show me that. I knew her too well to miss that. Maybe she didn’t notice it, but her anxiety really showed with her biting her own lips. I know this is going way over board for her. I just need to help her stop it. I gulped down a bit while thinking of a way to end this. As much as I wanted to spend more time with her, this is just not the way.

 

“Geunde hyung. What about asking somebody else to rap?” I tried to reason with him,” You know for variety?”

“Don’t worry Junhyung. Your way of rapping fits Hyuna’s perfectly.” He patted my back while smilling widely, “By the way, the deadline is close too, so it will be hard to find a rapper as good as you.”

“Let’s do it then.” She said suddenly, “ Let’s write the rap, a sincere feeling rap about this breakup song.”

She cut me when I was trying to reason with Mr. Choi. Let’s what? What did she say? I was 100 percent sure that she didn’t want to do this with me having to sing with her. But did she just say yes to all of this? I could feel that I looked surprised and my jaw dropped. He voice sound sure and sincere, am I dreaming?

“A sincere feeling rap. That the spirit Hyuna-yah!” Mr. Choi seemed very happy with her enthusiasm; “I’ll give you the instrumental and guide for the song tomorrow.”

“Nde.” Her voice rang in my head

I could feel her gaze fell upon me. It was the first time she looked at me straight in the eye with no hesitation at all. That fake smile she gave to Mr. Choi, I could sense it. What are you planning, Hyuna-yah? This was all getting me confused with her. At some point she would try to avoid me but now she was dragging me. Should I play along or should I quit?  Through this breakup song, what is it that you want to hear from me? I would tell you if you just ask me. Is it about that day? Even will all the reason I gave you, have you already accept it? I’m confused right now, seems like all the questions I have for you didn’t have its answer. Hyuna-yah, what is it that you want me to do?

 

Hyuna-yah, why don’t you just speak to me?

Geunyang Malhae.

 

 

 

2756 words


Geunyang Malhae : Just say it

 

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing.

Sorry for the late update, having this freakin writer's block.

Anywayyy, I out some JunSeung there, just can't resist them.

 

Promotion time :) Hyunseung x You fic :) It's quite angsty and the plot is quite complicated even for me. Just click the title to see it.