10. Junhyung's Love and guilt

A Bitter Day ~ Behind the song~

 

 

 

 

 

I recommend to play the song at the very start of every chapter.

I hope it is up to your expectation


 

"Hyuna-yah, let's end this." I struggled the words through my throat. She put her head up and looked at me straight in the eyes. There were no sadness, happiness or even any trace of emotion in her eyes; It was blank. Her usual full of excitement brown orbs seemed like it was colored deep black. She became someone I never knew before and her answer assured me of that.

"Ani oppa." She didn't hesitate for a second, "I'll back off so you can live better."

"Hyuna-yah" I tried to hold her hands but she backed away from me. I expected annoyance would show on her face but still there was nothing. It hurts me that she refuse to give me even a slight of emotion but then again she felt pain much more that I do now.

"I will be okay," she gave me stern reply,  "geongjeonghajimaseyeo. Junhyung-ssi."

My heart sank.

 

-ssi. It's like we didn't know each other.

---

I woke up, sweating, and panting. I could not control the heavy feeling that was piercing through my chest. I searched for my phone and looked at the time; it was 4am. I looked around me and found everyone was still sleeping. Since we haven't had a day-off in a while, I guess everyone is going into a deep sleep today. I slowly move to the edge of the bed and get off from it quietly. I made my way into the kitchen and treat myself with a can of coke. Yes, coke. Don't even ask why. Just don't. Don't. OKAY ! Fine. It's because I like it.

I drag myself to the couch in front of the TV. I closed my eyes as I took another sip of the canned drink until it was empty. My mind start to wander on itself. The dream that I had before was not a nightmare, it was rather a fragment of memory that I wish I never have to see again. I ended the relationship. I was the one at fault. I was the one that hurt her trust and damaged her. I'm the bad guy.

I took my phone out of my pocket and the wallpaper was nothing to be surprised of; it was me and Hara smiling happily. I ignored the fact that the photo was one of the best shots of her; she looked glowing and happy. My index finger was busy pressing and pressing each option to find something that I have been wanting to see just now, something related with my dream. It was the two of us, Hyuna and I doing a goofy shot which I don't usually do. She was pouting cutely with a scrunched up nose bridge, and me doing aegyo myself. Un-purposely, a small smile came to the corners of my lips. That secret folder was hidden well inside my phone, no one ever knew as I never knew how hard it is to delete it. I slide one picture to another trying to regain the memories that I had with her, until I heard a sound of the door opening. It was Doojoon.

"Junhyung, what are doing up so early?" He asked me while still yawning.

"Nothing. I just feel thirsty." I tried not to sound surprise because of his presence .

"Ya, give me that coke." He walked towards me and pull his hand out to take the can.

"It's emp.." I tried to tell him that it's just trash, " ty."

"Darn it. Hahahaa" he said after being dumbfounded.

He walked himself to the fridge to take another can. I hide my phone behind the pillows on the couch, I don't want him to see my secret. 

"So, tell me your story," he said while making himself comfortable on the couch,  "you do still remember that you owe me one, right?"

"Ara." Anxiety suddenly hits me. I was afraid that he'll remember, but the Dooderp will not be a leader if he doesn't remember.

"So?"

I sighed I try to begin the story.

"What do you feel when you knew I'm with Hara?"

"Hmm." He took a sip of the canned drink, "Well I'm quite surprised but since it's you, I might as well give you my blessing."

"Oh. Kumao."

"But, we all know what happened between you and Hyuna, Junhyung-ah." He sighed after saying that, "We know what you made her into, Junhyung-ah. Even if you thought that the least caring person about gossip like Hyunseung didn't know. Modu ta arayeo."

I was stunned. Even when I tried to keep the secret from my BEAST members, they all knew. Even when I tried to keep it from my closest friend, Hyunseung, he knew it all. I feel bad towards them.

"Am I a bad person, Doojoon-ah?"

"I'm not saying you're a bad person, Junhyung-ah. It's just that love is a moment when chances meet. You had your chance to choose between Hara and Hyuna. At that moment, Hara's 'time' and your 'time' met; you both believe in the chance that you had together. Hyuna didn't."

"Did I make a mistake? Hurting her like this, Doojoon-ah."

"Junhyung-ah.."

"I.... I still keep thinking of her, worrying about her even when it is not necessary. A part of me still thought that I was the one who was supposed to protect her. I cannot forgive myself when I saw her at the hospital. I feel like a failure."

We didn't say anything after that. The sound of my harsh breathing filled the room. Emotions overflowed from me. I was clenching my fist so tight that the unhealed wound starting to hurt.

"Is it love or is it guilt?" His reply caught my attention. I didn't understand.

"Mworago?" I turned my head to face him.

"Love or guilt, Junhyung-ah" he stood up and started to stretch.

Love or guilt? Guilt was a word I have never expected. I was too frozen with the sudden 'attack' from him to realize he was standing in front of me. He patted my shoulder and the walk away.  

"Think about it.Don't be a pabo."

Again, my heart sank.

 

 

 


 

 

I saw him walk away from the couch and went to the bathroom while Doojoon decided to have a morning jog. I woke up because I heard the sound of people talking. It was kinda annoying to be woken up like that. I walked myself to the couch and took a pillow into my embrace. It was a cold morning. I decided to put my head for a while on the couch but something hard hit me; a phone. I took it into my hand, and accidently made the screen glow. There was a photo of Junhyung and a girl. She was kissing his cheek. I was not even surprised when I realize who it was. Everyone would who she was and the connection that she once had with him.  She was Hyuna.

"I knew it." Unconsciously I mumbled those words.

I put the phone and the pillow back, positioning it as if someone has not touch it. I walked towards the bathroom, and of course met Junhyung who just went in there.

"Oh, you're awake." He was surprised to see someone other than the both of them, wake up so early.

"Yes, just now." I pretend to yawn while answering him.

"Oh arasso."

"Junhyung-ah tell Doojoon, I'll be praticing at CUBE." I turned my back to him. He was busy searching for his phone.

"Do you want to have breakfast first?"

"Ani. I'll just grab something on the way." He found his phone, and he looked really relax after that. A part of me felt uneasy when I saw his expression.

"Okay then." He replied me without turning his back towards me. He was more focused into his phone.

With that, I closed the bathroom room and found the reflection of my sadness on the mirror. I couldn't do anything to interfere the connection that the both of them had together. I was just a someone that had nothing to do with them. I was nothing to both of them.

 

I am always THE friend.

 

 

1358 words


 

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing.

 

SHOULD I DO A SEQUEL?

Cause it's going to end sooner or later.

and does the third person annoys you?

 

anyways do follow my twitter @wuchannim if you want dan mention me "hey I'm you aff friend" so that I know its you :D