02. JunHyung's memories ~part 1~

A Bitter Day ~ Behind the song~

 

I recommend to play the song at the very start of every chapter.

I hope it is up to your expectation


 

She was very pretty. Who wouldn’t notice her when she walked into the room or when she just passing by. She was always so nice and friendly. Watching her saying her ‘Annyeong’ from one person to another was very interesting. She was full of live and excitement; watching her gave me sort of happiness inside. Girls usually are afraid of me and would throw their gaze away from me but she didn’t. She would sometimes meet eyes with me and gave me her usual-addicting smile. Yes, it was addicting to me. The weird thing was she never says her ‘Annyeong’ to me properly. Did I scare her? I really want to know her.

 

I did wonder, what is this sudden addiction called?

 

She was very famous within the trainees. Everyone knew almost everything common about her. Hyuna, Kim Hyuna, a former Wonder Girls rapper who let go of her position due personal issues. Personal Issues? I do wonder what it was. Rumors flew around her regarding her leaving WG.

Was it chronic gastroenteritis and fainting problems?

Was it because JYP dropped her because she wasn’t good enough?

Was it her parents didn’t feel that she was protected enough?

I couldn’t remember the reason exactly but there was worst rumor than that. Some told me that she left WG because of pregnancy. That is just bull. I mean, out of all the reason in the world must they bashed them with such reason. She was really young when she decided to leave. People told me it was true but I didn’t care. I’d only believe it when it came mouth from . I respect her though. She was strong to face all that rumors and stand still towards her dream. But it was still too much.

 

God, let me protect her.

 

I took my chance that day at practice. Walking towards her while clenching my fists tight. It’s better now than never, you know? A boy gotta makes his moves first somehow. I remembered her well that day; her raven long black hair touched her milky skin leading to her slim petite figure. She was beautiful that day, making me more nervous than I already am.

“Hey, I’m Yong Junhyung. What’s yours?”

I was about to slap myself if she didn’t reply me. That was the cheesiest and most embarrassing introduction I had ever made. What hell is ‘what’s yours?’ doing in my perfect sentences. I could see that she was surprised at my sudden introduction. I was about to left out of shame. Her voice stopped me.

“Oh, Kim Hyuna. Hyuna-imnida. Annyeonghaseyo oppa.”

Her answer was like music to my ears. Oppa? He called me oppa, which is normal, but I couldn't help but to smile at the sound of it. I may exaggerated on this oppa thing but who wouldn’t want to be an oppa to her. Oppa, that word seem to open many options to me. I want to know her better, to know her more than just an acquaintance, more than just a fellow trainess. Well, nevertheless oppa is so much better than ssi and of course hyung. Her calling me oppa was one of the best thing that ever happened to me. :)

 

I have to thank Kikwang for that day. If it isn’t for his debut MV filming and maybe if I wasn’t a friend of him maybe it would be hard for me to be featured in his ‘Dancing Shoes’ MV. This MV has this storyline where KiKwang fell in love with a girl but the girl was more into his rival at first. Yeap, you got it. I’m the one who was playing KiKwang’s rival and the girl was Hyuna. I was surprised to know that it was her; surprised and happy at the same time.

 

She was staring down on me. Well, that was what she was supposed to do anyways. The director told her to do so. It was as seems that her eyes pierced through me. I was nervous that time but when the director gave me the cue, I started to dance and trying to ignore the fact that she was smiling at me. At some moment, I glanced back at her and gave her a smirk since I couldn’t smile well. I love watching her smile grew bigger everytime I did that. I was pretty sure that I’m addicted to her smile because since then I always tried to find a chance to look at her more.

 

You could say that I kinda envy KiKwang back then. He had the chance to be with her up close in a scene. They were told to dance together and Hyuna dance ily as she was told to do. They had to do the scene for more than one time. Take by take came by and it took a long time as they were varieties of scene. I waited for them to finish because I have nothing to do. I would hold a bottle of water just in case she needed it between takes, you know? Well, I do care about her. Yoseob asked me that day whether I like Hyuna or not. He saw that my eyes never leave her and that I looked jealous of KiKwang. He was kidding, I know. But jealous? I was sure than it was just envy feeling; what more could it be? I just envied KiKwang. Chincha yo! Jebal Mideojuseyeo.

 

OK, I think Yoseob was right.

 

I would call her occasionally when I’m stressed out. She was the sunshine to my midnights. She was always like a walking sunshine, gleaming with light everywhere she goes. I would love just to hear her voice it was warm and bright.  She would always try to cheer me up when I am in a bad mood. Doing her aegyos, nagging me to be cheerful and up to the point where she promised to but me coke just to make my mood good again. She would talk a lot on every phonecall, telling how her day has gone by without her noticing it. She would keep on talking to make me forget about my problems. She’ll stop until she could hear me smile.  She has a philosophy that you could even hear a smile. At first I was confused, but she was right; a happy smile can be seen even through a phone call. I could hear her smile; her voice showed it. I smiled as I imagined her smiling at me. She was the one who could make me happy even at my lowest point.

 

Hyuna-yah

“Will I ever hear your smile again?”

I’ll wait even it takes forever

 

 

 

1113 words


 

This is Junhyung's reply to Hyuna.

Did anyone notice the difference in their way of thinking towards the same event? hehehe

I'm trying to make this, as realistic as possible by doing some research towards events that point some JunAh interactions in it.

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing.