01. HyunAh's memories ~part 1~

A Bitter Day ~ Behind the song~

I recommend to play the song at the very start of every chapter.

I hope it is up to your expectation


 

A Bitter Day 다이렇게지워가겠지

A Bitter Day da i-reo-ke ji-wo-ga-get-jji

A bitter day, everything will erase this way

 

언제가는잊혀지겠지

eon-je-ga-neun i-chyeo-ji-get-jji

Someday it will all be forgotten

 

나그제서야웃겠지만지금은나도어쩔수가없네

na geu-je-seo-ya ut-kket-jji-man ji-geu-meun na-do eo-jjeol-su-ga eom-ne

I will probably smile when the time comes, but for now I can’t do anything about it

       


 


 

 

At first, I was afraid of him. He was glaring all the time. Word rarely slipped out of his lips. I could barely hear his voice. I have never seen his smile before. It was always a smirk or mischievous grin. He was very distant unlike the other boys who are so lively and bubbly towards me. He would always glance at me from a far. Sometimes we would meet eyes, and I would give him a smile. He didn’t reply me though. He was shy and mysterious. Inside, I knew I want to know more about him. He attracted me in the most unusual way. I am curious about him. He was different.

 

I did wonder. Is it love at first sight?

 

I never knew anything personal about him. I only heard gossips and rumors about him from others. The other trainees would always talk about him on how he had debuted before in a group called XING. POPPIN DRAGON, his stagename. It was so cute that I always started to giggle every time I heard it. The image when he was in Xing was so different from what I’m seeing now.  He was once very smiley and warm. Is it just a group image? I wished I could really see his warm side. I heard that the group didn’t go well and so he was back again as a trainee. ‘He was the same as me.’ That was the first thought that went in my head when I heard about the news. I failed myself in Wonder Girls and now I’m here, trying to get another chance on dream. I was happy, I was really happy to know I had something in common with him. It was a painful same memory, but I couldn't help to be happy to have a similarity with him. I feel connected with him.

 

I never had the courage to go up and introduce myself to him. I was afraid. Despite having a bubbly and full of aegyo personality, I never could find the way to do it. It was hard for me and it surprised me. I had never been like this; I never been so timid and confused like this. I wan to know him more but what should I do if the only thing I’m sure I know of him was his name.

Should I just burst out of nowhere and just introduce myself?

That’ll just make you look like a flirt.

 Should I use the old trick by trying to make him help me for something?

That is just utterly pathethic, Hyuna.

Should I ask the unnies and oppas to introduce me?

That’ll be just too obvious.

What should I do?

 

It was done. It was done in a way I would never imagine. He was standing in front of me, suddenly giving his hands out to me. I couldn’t believe my eyes.       

“Hey, I’m Yong Jun Hyung. What’s yours?”

“Oh, Kim Hyun Ah. HyunAh-imnida. Annyeonghaseyo oppa.”

I gave him the smile that I always gave to everyone else, my bright smile. That day was the day I would never forget. He smiled at me and it was cute. Even though it was a crooked smile and he was so shy about it. I could never forget the way he talked. He would lazily open his mouth and would talk in murmurs. He talked like he raps. His voice, how could I not about his voice, it was deep and don’t know why I was addicted to it.

 

That was the day, I befriended with him.

 

We met again for business. It was for a CUBE soloist named Lee KiKwang. His debut MV “Dancing Shoes” required a female lead and a boy rival. I didn’t care much about KiKwang oppa. Yes, he was nice and all but I couldn’t let my eyes off KiKwang’s rival in the video, Junhyung. Junhyung or is it Junhyung oppa? I knew I was blushing to know that I get to call him oppa. I knew it was nothing and a very normal thing to do but I rather think of it as an endearment for him.

 

He was dancing in front of me. It was for a scene but I can’t help but to get excited. He was dancing FOR me. The simple fact got me excited all day long. The director told me to keep looking and looked mesmerized by his moves. I love the way he moves. The popping and locking was executed smoothly and nicely. He went from to beat to beat perfectly. Watching him with a smile?  It wasn’t hard for me to do that because that is what I really feel. He was so cool and I kept a smile plastered on my face when he was dancing in front of me. He would sometime smirked or grin at me while he was dancing. I was very happy.

 

 

He took great care of me when we were shooting. I remembered it clearly. He would occasionally checked on me after my shots and handed me a bottle of water. He would asked me, “How is it?” and before I could reply him, he always cuts me with “You did great you know. Don’t worry.” He was more anxious than me. He would always include me in any of the conversation that he had with Lee KiKwang, Yang Yoseob, and Yoon DooJoon. I think he didn’t want me to be lonely back then. I find it very endearing and I started to feel a warm feeling around my heart since then. I am glad that I had him to care for me out of anyone else that day. That day was unforgettable to me.

 

That day, I think I fell in love with him.

 

He would text me at least once in a day, asking my doings and how am I. It was a simple text message and the content was the same with other boys that would occasionally text me too. He was different though his texts were special to me. It showed me that he did care about anything that has to do with me. I felt at ease because of that.

Hyuna-yah, jigeum odiesseo?

Hyuna-yah, bap-eul meoggohaja.

Hyuna-yah, hwaiting!

He would texted me short texts and no aegyo emoticons at all. It was short ones and quite straightforward. It may come out cold if anyone else read it, but it was more than enough for me.  The way he wrote ‘Hyuna-yah’ at every start of the messages, made me shivers in happiness while trying to remember his voice when he calls me that.

 

But now,

Hyuna-yah.

Will you stop calling me that?

 

 

 

1199 words


 

I am quite confused about Hyuna's name is it Hyuna or HyunAh? Should I write her as Hyuna or HyunAh?

Which one are you comfortable with?

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing.