Chapter 6

Fall In Love With That Kidnapper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6 - The wedding party

 

“Then.. how about we come together? As a pair..”

Joohyun look at him with wide eyes.. Clearly didn’t expected it..

“I mean.. Since people probably come with their partner as well.” Yonghwa add..

“Why?”

“Well, don’t you think I would look pathetic if I go alone? I’m an ex-husband after all.”

She nod..

“So?” He ask again..

She sigh.. “I can’t. Since you are an ex-husband, people will have interest in you. If you come with me.. I’m sure our face will be shown as the headline in newspaper the next morning..”

“Ah.. I forgot. You are Seo Joohyun, right..”

“I better go alone, especially to the event like that. Sorry..”

“No.. no.. don’t think too  much. I just ask because I suddenly thought about it.”

She sip her beer and look up to the night sky.. “I’m going back tomorrow..”

“I still have one more day..”

“So... we probably wouldn’t meet again, right?”

He look at her.. “We will meet in Taeyeon’s wedding.... And I still have to return your money..”

She smile.. “Keure...”

“Seo Joohyun sshi..”

“De?”

“I just hope.... you wont act cold and ignore me when we meet again. I think we’re close enough to greet each other like a friend.”

She chuckled.. “Arraseo..”

“Tell Kyungsan that I miss him. I hope I can meet him again..”

“He probably like you alot.”

He nod.. “We are bestfriend.”

“What a weird kidnapper ahjussi...”

He just laugh with her remark...

“Will it be weird if I try to be close to him?” She suddenly ask..

He frown.. “Of course not.. You are his mother. He surely will love it.”

She sigh.. “When I heard you singing for your daughter on the plane. I suddenly thought that I don’t even know my own son’s interest. Is he like music or sport or book or.... well, I never know..”

“Then ask him. It’s important for the parents to understand their child’s interest...”

“Should I really do that?”

He chuckled.. “Oh God.. Of course you should. No.. you must.”

“But, what if he find it weird?”

“It’s normal if he find it weird, but.. if you want to understand him, it’s better now.. He would grown up someday and he will surely be more apart from you when he’s adult..”

“Huft.. It’s all because of you. If I didn’t met you.. I wouldn’t never care about these things.. I wouldn’t suddenly feel bad towards him like this..”

He smile.. “Then it’s a good thing that you met me. At least you finally opened your eyes. You should be grateful to me..”

She bow her head down to him.. “Thank you very much..” She said it flat.. Not really mean it.

“Yah.. Say it with sincerity.. You sound fake.”

“Yes, I am..”

He sigh.. “Whatever.. We should go now, It’s getting colder here. I don’t want our fake National Sweetheart catch a cold because of me..”

She tightened her coat and nod.. “Great idea..”

“Let’s go..” He stand up and throw the empty beer cans to the nearest bin.

The two of them walk together towards the resort. Eventhough they didn’t saying anything, there’s no awkwardness between them. He conclude that Seo Joohyun is not mad at him again.. He can tell that she already forgive him for kidnapped thing, and he grateful for that.

As they reach their floor, he stop infront of her door..

“Go in..”

“You too..” She glance to his door which a bit far from hers..

“Good night..”

She nod.. “Good night..”

“See you again..”

“De, see you again..” She bow and opened her door. He wait until she closed her door before going to his own room.

A smile appeared as she close her door. She doesn’t know whats make her so happy just by talking to him. He is a good man.. She know it for sure.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 

Going back to Seoul. Doing her work as usual. Back as Seo Joohyun the famous model. Two weeks past just like two hours. She didn’t have time to think of another because of her crazy schedule. Only when she finally have free time for one day she decide to being lazy at home the whole day. Not being able to see Kyungsan since she came back from Japan make her kind of miss him. Even though she can’t bring him outside, she can spent her time together with him even with just watching TV and eating snacks. Kyungsan busy with his new game in his Ipad while she’s busy changing the program on TV.

“Seohyun ah.. there’s invitation for you..” Hyoyeon come with the envelope in her hand..

Joohyun opened the envelope and saw Lee Jonghyun and Kim Taeyeon’s name on it. The wedding invitation.

“Wow.. They’re fast. Onnie, clear my schedule on next week. I’m going to attend this wedding..”

“No problem. Do you have any particular dress you want to wear? I will prepared it for you..”

“Mmm.. I’m in the mood for wine color..”

“Okay, I will look for it..”

Joohyun smile to herself.. She will meet that weird kidnapper ahjussi again. She’s curious who will be his partner.. He probably going with someone for him to not look pathetic infront of people. If she’s not Seo Joohyun the famous model, she will agree immediately when he offered to come as a pair. She must maintained her image as no-scandal model if she still want to get some jobs..

“Kyungsan ah..” She called her son who’s still busy with his ipad

“De?” He answered without leaving his ipad

“T-that.. kidnapper ahjussi said he miss you. He want to meet you again..”

Kyungsan smile widely.. “Yonghwa ahjussi?”

Joohyun nod..

“Omma met him? Where?” He pause the game and focus at his mom..

“He’s going to Japan with me.. with his two friends too..”

“Minhyuk ahjussi and Jungshin ahjussi.. I want to meet them again too..”

Hyoyeon laugh.. “It’s weird.. how the kidnappers and the hostage have such a good relationship with each other..”

“They’re not kidnappers, onnie.. He explained everything to me. And I trust him..”

“It’s unexpected from you to trust someone that easily. Are you sure he will keep your secret about Kyungsan?”

Joohyun nod.. “I’m sure. Well, when I talked to him.. I’m sure enough that he is a good person. Minhyuk sshi and Jungshin sshi seems listening to him well.. So, they wont said anything. I’m sure..”

“See, I’m right.. they’re not bad persons. They take care of me well.. They even said sorry so many times because they kidnapped me. They bought me pizza and played game with me until I fell asleep.”

Joohyun nod in agreement.. “He said he’s thankful to me.. Because I’m his life’s saviour..”

Hyoyeon chuckled.. “Well, maybe they’re really good persons. But, I still think.. kidnapping someone’s child is really not cool. It’s a sin.. they make us worried and lost alot of money..”

“He said he will return the money..”

“What?” Hyoyeon widened her eyes..

“I don’t care about the money anymore. If he return it, it’s good.. If he didn’t, then I’m cool..” She then chuckled to herself, remembering his stubborn acted when he determined to return her money.. “Ah.. that stubborn guy!”

Hyoyeon narrowed her eyes.. “Seohyun.. you look like you have so much interest in him.”

Joohyun nod.. “Maybe.. you know onnie, he seems to have some double personalities. He make me confused because this one day, he’s like this.. the next day, he like that. It’s really hard to read whats on his mind.”

“Why you even care about whats in his mind?”

“Because he’s doing something unexpected..”

Hyoyeon carefully looking at Joohyun’s bright eyes when she tell about this kidnapper ahjussi. It’s suspicious. Joohyun is not someone who easily have interest in other people. She’s not someone who want to involved in anyone’s problem. Did something happened while they’re in Japan?

“When will I meet him again omma? Do you have his phone number?” Kyungsan ask..

Joohyun rolled her eyes.. “Do I? I don’t know.. We never exchange phone number..”

“He called you once when he kidnapped Kyungsan. Did he still used that number?” Hyoyeon add..

“I don’t think I saved his number.. Well, I will meet him at wedding party. I will tell him and ask him to bring you playing outside. I’m sure he’s willing... And you should meet his daughter.. She’s cute.”

“De. Thank you.. Omma..”

She smile.. “Never mind. This is the things Omma should do since before right?”

Kyungsan and Hyoyeon frown..

“D-did Omma always hurt you? You did felt hurt when Omma scolded or mad at you right?”

Kyungsan shook his head.. “Aniyo Omma. You scolded me and mad at me because I’m at fault. I understand it..”

Joohyun sigh.. “Aniya.. you don’t have to be understand. A kid in your age shouldn’t trouble yourself with your parents’s problem. You should playing more.. make alot of friends and going out with them on the weekends.. Well, you still have to keep the secret about your Omma from your friends.. but, don’t really bothered by it. Just naturally avoid the talk about me... Can you?”

“O-omma.. why suddenly?”

“Seohyun ah.. what happened to you?”

Joohyun smile.. “I just suddenly feel bad. I always scolded him, mad at him, prevent him from going outside, forced him to keep the secret about me. He must feel burdened by it. Onnie too, think like that.. right?”

“Well, he’s just a kid. Sometimes I think you put too much burden on him. But, why you suddenly feel like that?”

“Someone taught me something. When I saw him treated his daughter, it’s really different from me. I concluded myself for being a bad Mother for my Son.”

Kyungsan just look down hearing his Mom’s confession.

“Can you forgive me, Son?”

“Of course... Omma too, don’t feel burdened by it. Please trust me. I wont make any mistake like I did to Yonghwa ahjussi. I will keep the secret about you from everyone.”

Joohyun chuckled.. “It’s funny how I feel glad that you forced Yonghwa sshi to called me that night. I’m glad he know the truth. I don’t know either. I’m just glad that he know about me being a Mother.. I learned alot from him.”

Hyoyeon can’t really believe what she heard. Since earlier Joohyun always compliment that guy. She look so attracted to that guy.

“Look, I have questions to you.. Son..”

“What is this Omma?”

“Mmmm.. What did you do before you going to sleep?”

It makes Hyoyeon more confuse.. Seohyun never care about it before.

“I... I playing games. Or.. read comics..”

Joohyun smile... “Do you listened to lullaby?”

Kyungsan nod.. “I can’t sleep when I can’t hear anything. I always put an earphone so I don’t feel scared because of the silence.”

“Ah... so you can’t sleep if there’s no any sound..”

“De.. sometimes I turn on the TV in my room until morning come.. just to make me feel at ease.”

“Do you have any particular songs in mind? Like.. your favorite?”

“I like Robot Taekwon V Ost.. or Keroro theme songs..”

“That’s his favorite anime..” Hyoyeon join in..

“I like Detective Conan too... and I loved watching.. Running Man..”

Joohyun smile... “Ah.. I understand.. Then, how about game?”

“I like all... I think I never will get bored if I have games in my hands..”

“Oh.... alright. Now I know... I always curious about that. I will try to understand it now.. Can I?”

Kyungsan smile and nod.. “De.”

“Is there any place you want to go?”

“I want to go to amusement park. I’ve never going there.”

Joohyun nod.. “I probably can’t go with you. Since we still have to keep this as secret. But, you can go with Hyoyeon imo or your friends.. You have to make a lot of friends Kyungsan ah.. Don’t follow you Omma footsteps. You are an active kid.. So, you better do everything you wanna do. Omma wouldn’t prevent you anymore..”

Kyungsan hesitantly move towards her.. he spread his arms and kiss her cheek while hugging her.. “Thank you Omma.. I promise I wouldn’t make Omma dissapointed. I will always keep your secret. I just need Omma to trust me..”

“Keure.. Don’t hesitantly ask if you need anything.” Joohyun hug him back..

“De..”

Hyoyeon smile seeing the Mother and Son finally have this heart to heart conversation. No matter what happened in Japan, Hyoyeon concluded that this kidnapper ahjussi make Joohyun realized something. She began to feel the urge to thanks that kidnapper. Joohyun seems to adore him and learned alot from him. If Joohyun can fall in love with him, it will be better. Joohyun need to love to make her opened her heart. For now, there’s attraction in Joohyun’s side. She doesn’t know what that kidnapper ahjussi think about Joohyun, but Joohyun already take one step ahead. If this admiration continue, Joohyun probbaly will easily falling in love with that kidnapper. It’s not a bad idea.. Joohyun, should thinking about herself too.. And thats Hyoyeon’s wish to see her falling in love with someone other than Kyuhyun.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 

Yonghwa sit at the corner of the church where Taeyeon’s wedding ceremony will be held just in moment. Time flies really fast. Well, they already prepared for wedding since long time ago and they just need his bless.. it’s understandable if they married this fast as soon as they get his bless.

“Appa.. Omma want to meet you..” Sooyeon walk slowly to him as she seems having a hard time to walk faster with her long white dress..

He smile looking at his little angel, she look so beautiful..

“Appa..”

“Hmmm?”

“Omma want to meet you! Let’s go.. Omma look so beautiful right now..” She hold Yonghwa’s hand with her small hand and pull him to stand up..

“Arraseo..” He stand up and hold Sooyeon in his arms..

He slowly opened the door as he reach the bride make up room. Put Sooyeon down and staring at the beautiful figure infront of him with amazement. Taeyeon in wedding dress, look so stunning and gorgeous. He can’t help but compared her with her first wedding dress when she was his bride...

“What the... Not as beautiful as when you marry me..” He stated as he walk closer to her.

Taeyeon pout while trying to fix her veil..

“As expected.. age doesn’t lie.” He add

“Yah.. don’t make me nervous. I already being embarassed since this is my second time. I think people will mock at me..”

He smile and help her with her veil.. “Whats wrong with it? There’s many women married for three or even four times in their life. And the ceremony will just attended by the family.. No one will mock at you.”

She sigh.. “I just want a simple wedding ceremony. But, since this is Jonghyun’s first.. his family hold a grand party.. I think, I wouldn’t be able to held my head up tonight.”

“Don’t be like that. There’s no use to think about people’s reaction. The important thing is, today is your day.. Be happy as much as you can..”

Taeyeon smile.. “Thank you.. Such a good encouragement..”

He nod.. “You’re welcome..”

“Walk me to the aisle, will you?” She carefuly said..

“But I saw your father just now.. It’s better with him..”

She shook her head.. “I want you. And Jonghyun want it too.. I know, I’m such a bad woman for doing this to you... But, like I said.. You’re more important than my father. So, I want you to walk me to the aisle..”

“Taeyeon ah.. I don’t think I can do it.”

“Please.. I already told my father, and he agree.. He didn’t even care about it. You know it so well, about my relationship with Appa.. please..” She begged

He sigh... how can he reject it when she beg him with that face. This is hurt, but he finally able to nod his head... “Arraseo..”

“Thanks..”
 

Knock knock..

They heard the door being knocked..

“De..” Taeyeon answered

Jungshin come in.. “Noona, you should be ready. The ceremony will started soon..” He walk towards Sooyeon and held her.. “I will bring Sooyeon with me, Hyung..”

Yonghwa and Taeyeon nod... “Arraseo.”

Jungshin walk closer and give a pat at Yonghwa’s shoulder. He clearly understand whats his Hyung feels right now. His heart must be in a mess in this moment..

Sooyeon kiss Taeyeon’s cheek before waving as Jungshin bring her outside.. Not forget to say ‘I love you’ to her mom.

“I’m really lucky to have such an adorable daughter. She is such an angel. I promise I wouldn’t careless in giving her attention. She’s still my first priority..” Taeyeon said as Jungshin and Sooyeon left.

“We’re lucky because we have her.”

She nod in agreement.

“Ready?” He offered his right arm to be held by her..

“De..”

“Let’s go..”

It hurts so much. To think that he’s holding her like this just to give her to another man later. His small heart still can’t accept this fact. He still can’t believe that he will give his love to another man. As they wait behind the curtains before they call the bride to enter the room.

“You must be happy..” He whispered.

“De..”

“If that man hurting you, tell me right away.”

She chuckled.. “Arraseo..”

“Don’t forget me and Sooyeon..”

“How can I..”

“I love you..”

She look up to him with surprise eyes..

“I still do. But don’t worry.. I sincerely bless you with him. I just want to say that for the last time..”

“Yonghwa yah..”

He take a deep breath then face her. He place his palm at her head and give a long deep peck at her forehead... Wishing for her happiness.. Hoping this will be the right decission for her.. Telling himself to not regret this.. And praying that he would completely move on..

“You really must be happy..” He said as he parted his lips from her forehead..

Taeyeon can’t hold her tears as she heard his sincere voice. It’s really unexpected how they end up like this. She clearly remember the feeling when her heart just filled with his. How her eyes will only searched for him. How her ears just can heard his heartbeats. How her lips curved a smile whenever he appeared. How her hands just wanted to hold him.. She clearly remember her days will felt empty without him. Her first love... Whatever happened, he will always had spot in her heart.. He is the father of her daughter.. And he’s more important than her own father. And she will always pray for him to get his own happiness. He deserve someone better than her, someone who really meant for him.

“Yah.. don’t cry. You will ruined your make up..” He wipe her tears with his thumb..

“It’s all because of you..”

“Woah.. now you blame me?”

She pout and slighlty hit his arm.. “Just wait on your wedding day. I will make you touch by my words too..”

“What did I said? I didn’t said anything and you already touched.. Ah, I should created some cheesy words to make you cry river and then you will regret leaving me like this..” He tease..

“Stop it. Don’t ruin the moment.. I like this. This very exact moment when you sincerely give your bless. I want it to remain beautifuly like this. I don’t want your choding act ruin it..”

He sigh... “Well well well... They called you already. Let’s go..” He offered his arm with a smile. The wedding march can be heard as they entered the room.

He feels a bit light after he kiss her forehead and sincerely wishing for her happiness. It’s still there.. The jealousy and the heartbroken feeling. But, looking at the steady figure at the end of aisle.. standing with bright smile and sparkling eyes as he look at his bride taking a slow steps towards him.. He know, Lee Jonghyun is the right man for her. She will be in a good hands.. And he’s thankful for it. He glance at his daughter who sit with Jungshin and Minhyuk at his left side, giving him a silence support. Well, just few steps more.. And he will completely giving up.. Taeyeon will remain as his first love.. The mother of his daughter.. it’s enough.

He take a long deep breath when he reach the end of the aisle where Jonghyun waiting for them. The joyful and happy smile can be seen in their face.. They surely love each other. He place Taeyeon’s hand at Jonghyun’s before he pat Jonghyun’s shoulder..

“I trust you..” He said..

“Please do. And I wont dissapointed you.” Jonghyun said with a straight and steady tone. He stare at Taeyeon for awhile, mesmerized by her beauty before he take her to faced the priest.. A step more, and this beautiful woman infront of him will be completely his..

Yonghwa nod and then steps back. He bow to Taeyeon’s parents as he passed them. Only her Mother give him a smile while her Father pretend to not see him. Oh well, that old man still can’t get over the past.. Still keep the grudges by himself. ‘It’s not good for your health, Ahjussi..’ He said in his mind as he sit beside his daughter and then focus at the ceremony...

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 

Flash light of cameras and repoters surrounding, it’s a familiar view for her. Joohyun know, Jonghyun’s hotel is one of the most famous Hotel in Korea. The GM’s wedding surely being a big news to the reporters especially when they invited some famous people to attend the wedding. Joohyun get down from her van and began to smile and wave to the cameras as she walk to the Hotel’s entrance. This is a grand wedding.. many celebrities and famous people from bussiness industry come. Jonghyun is really no joke.

“This is the first time you worked with ‘Star Hotel’ as a model. Can you say something to the groom and bride for their wedding?” One reporter ask her on the small interview.

“Ah.. Even though I’m here as a model as well, but actually the bride herself invited me as a friend. I didn’t get the formal invitation in the name of the Hotel, they sent the invitation to my house without Hotel’s name. So, actually I’m here as the bride’s friend. I met the bride when I’m filming in Japan and she’s really nice and beautiful. I can see that our GM really drawn to her. They look great together and I wish them the best. They’re really a sweet couple.” She show her famous angel smile to everyone..

“Do you have any plan to followed your friend? When will you marry Seo Joohyun sshi? Why didn’t you ask the bride to throw the bucket to you later..”

She sigh but still maintained the smile on her face. Always that question.

“I’m sorry, I think I should enter the venue now.” She bow and began to walk again. Ignoring the reporters who keep throwing her the questions. This is the disadvantage when you attend this kind of event. Reporters and the small interview for the guest. The question will always same.. always about her love life.

 

Yonghwa sit with Jungshin, Minhyuk and Sooyeon at their table while enjoying the food. Unlike at the outside who full of reporters, there’s no camera allowed inside..

“Woah!! Look, is that Son Yeonjae?” Minhyuk widened his eyes looking at the famous athlete who just enter the ballroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter