Chapter 11

Fall In Love With That Kidnapper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

The news of Seo Joohyun having a child immediately placed as top-search no. 1 in every media. Everyone got shocked, surprised, confused. Some of them can’t believe it, some can’t accept the fact, some was gossiping around. In words, Joohyun become the most popular person in Korea at this time. Unfortunatelly not because something good, to be exact she got so many negative comments.

Joohyun herself expected this, of course. But, she already decided to not seeing anything related and so she did. Staying at home with her son, without wanting to know what’s going on outside. Hyoyeon received calls from, saying there’s so many reporters outside their complex gate. She didn’t really panic with it. Those reporters wont get any closer to her house anyway. If they entered without permission, they have to deal with police, thats how private this neighbourhood was.

She turn off her phone, Kyungsan’s phone as well. Acting like there’s nothing happened outside. She told Kyungsan the real problem and it’s quite surprise her how Kyungsan deal with it. He just smile and nod, saying he understand and he will follow what his Mom told him to. For such a nine years old boy, she sure she have such a mature son.

*************************************
 

“I told you so, she’s a . She had a son, not a year or two but nine years old?! That mean she’s pregnant when she’s 19 or so, God.. What kind of woman is she?”

Yonghwa turn to glare at his two officemates who whispering to each others. Talking about the recent news that shocked everyone. Since the news out, many of his officemates talked about that. Some of them talked really bad about Joohyun, it make his blood boiled. He try to be calm after receiving Joohyun’s text awhile ago. He still need to focus on his work despite everyone in this room making a fuss about it. Some of his officemates especially the girls used to be so chatty and he used to heard them gossiping around about everything. But this time, he hate them for judging Joohyun so bad like that.

“Be quiet please! I still have to finish this paper!” He said with loud and straight voice.

“Oh, Mianhae.”

He sigh before continue his works, ignoring Jungshin and Minhyuk’s stare at him. He surely can’t focus yet he forced himself to do so, or he will just stressed himself.

“If what Hyoyeon noona said about hyung and Joohyun sshi is right. It must been hard for Yonghwa hyung as well..” Jungshin whispering to Minhyuk.

“Are they dating already?” Minhyuk asked

Jungshin just raise his shoulder and continue to stare at his Hyung. Yonghwa never tell them anything though.

*******************************
 

After making sure Sooyeon fetched by her mother after school, Yonghwa immediately drove to Joohyun’s house. It’s expected to see so many reporters outside the gate and he seems like he have to wait and so he did. Sitting alone in his car, looking blankly at the noisy reporters outside, so many thought run on his mind. Is she alright? Did she know about this before hand? Was this the problem that stressed her out recently? And why did she have to sent him that text?  He tried to call Kyungsan, and his phone off as well, Hyoyeon sshi didn’t even picked up her phone. Is Joohyun and Kyungsan at home right now? What if they’re outside? The more he’s thinking, the more panic he is. How he want to sweep away those reporters and asked the security ahjussi to let him in, but there’s so many of them. Maybe, all the station TV respentative news are here.

An hour later, after he finished his bread to fill his stomach, the police suddenly came and shooed the reporters away. There’s some report from the resident that the reporters outside make them uncomfortable. He sigh in relieved after those reporters gone, it’s good that the security of this place was strict enough, at least those reporters wont distubed Joohyun more.

He drove his car towards the gate and bow to the security ahjussi when suddenly he stopped him. He opened his window and smile to the ahjussi who already familiar with him.

“You’re Jung Yonghwa sshi, right?”

“De..”

“I’m sorry, but you can’t go in right now.”

He frown.. “Waeyo?”

“It’s Seo Joohyun sshi’s order.”

His expression stiffened.. “But, I’m.. I think you got that wrong. I just came this morning with her..”

The security smile.. “And she called not long after you left.”

“Well then.. Can you call her? Tell her I’m here..”

“There wont be any different, she told me to take an attention towards Jung Yonghwa, if he come, reject him right away. I’m sorry sir.. But, since today Seo Joohyun sshi seems have a lot of trouble, I think you better not to disturb her. I’m sorry once again.. I’m just doing my duty..” He then bow at Yonghwa.

Yonghwa exhale heavy breath.. Fine, maybe he really shouldn’t bother her today. She need time..

“Ahjussi, tell her I will be back tomorrow.” He then drove his car off. Feeling confused and worried.

*********************************************

The next day he come, the situation still didn’t change. Joohyun still can’t be visited, her phone still off making him almost lost his control. The security ahjussi wouldn’t let him call towards her home’s phone as well.

“She asked me to not welcoming any guest. Not only you, Yonghwa sshi.” The ahjussi trying to calm him.

Am I same as those people?

He sigh in defeated. Yet, he already experienced this feeling once when she did her so called Mildang. He have to endure this, he must. But really, this roller coaster feeling he feel ever since he know her slowly getting on his nerves. Why can’t she just tell him everything? He surely will do anything to help her. The stubborn Joohyun, he can’t ever understand what’s actually run on her mind.

**********************************************
 

Almost everyday he came, and he still got the same treatment. It’s passed almost a week ever since the news out. Everyone still making fuss about it because there’s not even one statement from her side to clear this matter. So many speculations come out, and everything only makes Joohyun looking bad more and more. It’s not like him for giving up, but these days honestly become hard for him. It’s hard to concentrated on his work, he didn’t even focus on taking care of his daughter because he spent almost of his time to waited infront of this strict guard from the security.

In the end, just this morning he packed all Sooyeon’s necessary things and let her stay for a while in Taeyeon’s house. Taeyeon and Jonghyun exteremely happy about it while Sooyeon always agree on everything, she love to stayed with her mother anyway.

“Did you know about this all along?” Taeyeon asked him when he brought Sooyeon earlier.

He nod.. “I know her through her son..”

Taeyeon sigh in relieve.. “It’s good then. I thought you didn’t know and got really shocked over this. It’s relieve if you know everything.”

He just smile bitterly.

What the use of knowing everything when he actually thrown out of her life without warning. She’s there, inside her house. Is she plan to hide forever there? It’s frustating in his point of view. He remember she told him that she always runaway but he didn’t expected it to be this severe.

He miss her, he’s worried about her condition. Is she eating well? Or is she really live comfortably there inside her home? Is Kyungsan’s alright as well? So many questions running on his head. He really want to see her so badly. At least, to make sure that she’s alright.

“De, Seo Joohyun sshi.”

The mention of her name make him snapped from his thought. The security ahjussi is on the phone right now.

He talk with Joohyun!

He grab the phone from the ahjussi in flash...

“Joohyun..”

“...........................”

“Joohyun..” He called in desperation.

“Sir, you can’t do this...”

“I know you’re there.” He ignore the security

“....................”

“If you cut the line right now, I will surely hate you!” He threaten. He can’t find any other words to make her stay on line.

He sigh when she didn’t give any sign to hang up..

“Let me in, please.” He beg...

“Say something Joohyun. Are you really going to treat me like this?”

“Joohyun...”

“Go. I don’t want anyone to disturb me.”

And she cut the line.

He can’t hide his frustation. He almost throw the phone on his hands, luckily he still have some sense to not make any fuss here.
 

On the other hand, Joohyun’s legs went weak after hearing his voice. She kneel down infront of the telephone she just hang up a while ago. How she miss him, how she feel something relieving when she know he still wait for her. She want to giving up and let him in, asking for his help, but her agency told her to wait for more until they find the best solution. She know how chaotics the world outside because of her, and it make her more afraid to face everyone out there.

“Don’t hate me, Yonghwa sshi. Or I will die..”

Still, she selfishly didn’t want him to hate her. How pathetic..

**********************************
 

“Why did she called?” Yonghwa ask to the security ahjussi.

“Ah, she asked me to let Kyungsan’s teacher in if she came.”

So, Kyungsan will started his study today. Seriously, she really plan to live her own life inside her house. Does she know how chaotic the world outside right now? Everyone speculating all about her bad sides and she didn’t even say anything.

He sit again on his seat that prepared by the ahjussi when suddenly his phone vibrated..
 

“You said you want to bring your daughter to me. I only have time tonight, tomorrow I have to fly to Singapore for seminars. If you can bring her tonight, I will make the appointment.”
 

It’s the text from his friend who also a psychiatrist. He ask him to check on Sooyeon’s condition because of the nightmare Taeyeon told him before.
 

“Okay, I will bring her tonight.” He replied.
 

He look at his wristwatch, he have to fetched Sooyeon from Taeyeon first.

“Ahjussi, I will come again tomorrow.” He bow

As he was about to walk towards his car, someone passed by him after she come out from the car. A pregnant woman who look familiar. He turn his head to look at her, he saw her somewhere..

“Hello, I’m Choi Sooyoung. Seo Joohyun’s close friend, I want to visit her right now.”

Yonghwa then saw another person approaching. It’s a man.

Ah, he remember that pregnant woman is Joohyun’s friend who came that night after they visited amusement park. He walk closer to see if the security will let her in or not..

“I’m sorry, Mrs.. But, we can’t accept any guest for Seo Joohyun sshi for now.”

“But, I’m really her close friend. Can you tell her, Choi Sooyoung and Cho Kyuhyun are here. Or.. Can you tell Hyoyeon, I’m sure she will let me in.”

“I’m sorry once again. I can’t let you in.”

Sooyoung sigh in disbelief.. “I already talked to Hyoyeon and I told her that I will come today.”

“But Hyoyeon sshi didn’t say anything to me.”

“Jagiya.. Calm down.” Kyuhyun pat Sooyoung’s shoulder to calm her.

“Fine, tell them I’m going to wait. It’s impossible for them to not let me in. I’m not anyone else!” Sooyoung then make herself sit at the empty chair.

Yonghwa sigh, It’s same with his situation. Seo Joohyun really, how many people she’s going to make frustated?

He glance at the guy beside Sooyoung. He look at him from head to toe, it’s not like he ever meet him but, he seems like seen that guy somewhere. He look at him closely and then the realization snapped him. That guy, why he kind of resembles.. Kyungsan?

********************

“Sooyoung is here. She’s waiting for you to let her in.” Hyoyeon tell..

They’re in the backyards, waiting for Kyungsan to finished his lessons in living room. Joohyun still can’t let Kyungsan’s teacher to see her. It’s lucky enough that his teacher willing to come here and promise to not say anything.

“Seohyun ah.. It’s been a week already.”

Joohyun sigh.. “So what onnie?”

“I think Sajangnim really need Yonghwa sshi for this matter. That’s why he didn’t make any move..”

Joohyun glare at her onnie.. “Stop it. We’re not going to talk about this again.”

“And.. Can you just let Sooyoung in? For God-shake, she’s heavily pregnant right now.”

“She can go home if she’s tired.”

“You’re heartless, really!”

“Whatever.”

“She’s already in her eighth months now. Well, she’s the second Seo Joohyun, stubborn like hell!” Hyoyeon mock.

“Maybe she found out the similarities between Kyungsan and her husband.”

“No way! It’s not like we can see Kyungsan’s face so clear in those pictures. They’re all blur..”

Joohyun just sigh. Her mind still can’t get enough of hearing Yonghwa’s voice earlier. Indeed, she really love that man. How can she always think about him despite her mind already full enough with her scandal problem. He always there, everytime she think about solution to overcome this matter he will always appeared. Hearing his voice only make her miss him even more.

She close her eyes, remembering his voice when he said I love you before they parted that morning. The voice who kept ringing on her ears. Is he serious? He love her? How she want to believe that. That night when she stayed at his home, that morning when they had breakfast together, it is selfish for her if she want to feel that again? That feeling when she can be herself, happy and comfortable around him. She surely wont get any of that anymore. She ruined everything. He must be slowly hating her right now. This stone-head, cruel, heartless, and stubborn woman.. He surely will hate her. Even though she can’t accept that fact, she should and she must accept it. It’s her choice. She deserve all of this, it’s a punishment for her mistake in the past.

“Oh! She’s leaving..”

Hyoyeon’s voice snapped her. Kyungsan’s teacher leaving already, it’s relieve then.

Hyoyeon run to greet and say thanks to his teacher while Joohyun still sitting there. It seems like, she have to hide herself from everyone. This is the punishment for lying to public, and again.. She accept all of this, thinking that this is all her fault.

***************************

“Seohyun ah!”

Hyoyeon’s voice distracted her. It’s past dinner time already, and she’s alone in her room trying to get some sleep even though she know she can’t ever sleep.

Hyoyeon knocked her door hard  and she didn’t have any choice but to opened her door..

“Waeyo onnie?!”

“Sooyoung fainted..”

“What?!”

“She suddenly fainted. I already tell security to bring her here.”

“She’s still waiting?”

Hyoyeon nod..

“Why did you let her in?! Kyuhyun oppa can bring her home, why she have to come here?”

“Oh my God, Seohyun. She is Sooyoung! She’s pregnant, and now fainted. Are you really going to be so heartless towards her?”

Joohyun look down. It’s not like she didn’t care about her onnie. But, if Sooyoung come in, Kyuhyun will follow her as well. She tried so hard to not waver when Yonghwa beg to come in and now, she easily let Sooyoung and Kyuhyun in.

The bell ring and Hyoyeon quickly run towards the front door. Joohyun follow as well.

The security and Kyuhyun, holding Sooyoung who half-awake. She concious already, but she still weak.

They bring her to quickly rest on the sofa. Kyuhyun panickly wipe his wife’s sweat while holding her hand tightly.

“Thank you ahjussi..” Hyoyeon thanks the security before she closed the door.. “What is this? You waited like this without eat anything?” She glare at Sooyoung with worried all over her face.. “Think of your baby, Sooyoung ah!”

Joohyun just stood still, doesn’t know how to act infront of them who she really want to avoided.

Sooyoung inhale and exhale.. Trying to compose herself.. “Sorry, it just.. My baby suddenly moved and it felt so hurt. I don’t know why, mybe because I sat without doing anything for the whole day..”

“So, how you feel right now? It is still hurt? Should we just go to hospital?” Kyuhyun ask, rubbing Sooyoung’s belly..

Yes. Just go to hospital.. Joohyun thought

Sooyoung shook her head weakly.. “No, I think it’s alright now. But...” She then look up to the two people infront of her.. “You two, are you really doing this to me? I’ve waited the whole day and you didn’t even budge? What about those friendship since middle school you said?”

“Mianhaeyo onnie. It just, I... I want to be alone..” Joohyun reasoned..

Sooyoung sigh... “Kwenchana?”

Joohyun nod..

“I’m really worried about you. I can’t even sleep these past few days because of you. That’s why I really want to meet you, to make sure you’re alright. It must been hard for you, Seohyun ah..”

Joohyun feel the pang in her heart. She stare at Sooyoung’s sincere eyes. Her onnie just sincerely worried for her, how can she thought so many bad things about her Sooyoung onnie who always been nice and kind to her?

“Mianhae onnie. I’m sorry if I make you worried.” She said while holding her tears.

Sooyoung smile... “So, where’s that cute little boy right now? I want to meet him.”

Joohyun and Hyoyeon’s face stiffened..

“Onnie..”

“Sooyoung ah..”

Kyuhyun look up at them both as well. Showing the curious expression...

“Wae? The news are wrong? He’s not your son?”

“You believe in those news?” Hyoyeon said...

“Ani, I mean... Your agency confirmed it already. I just don’t want to burdened Seohyun more. That’s why I didn’t ask anything and I wont judge her. If that boy really is her son, then I would like to meet my nephew. Right, yeobo?”

Kyuhyun smile and nod...

“He’s asleep..” Hyoyeon said in hurry.

“Keure? Then I have to meet him the next morning..”

Joohyun can’t even utter a word. Sooyoung’s reaction towards this news is beyond her imagination. She thought of so many bad things already. And Kyuhyun seems doesn’t sense anything. Maybe, she just think too much.

“Well then.. I guess you haven’t eaten yet. I will prepared your late dinner. Just rest, Sooyoung ah..” Hyoyeon said..

“Are you really alright?” Kyuhyun ask Joohyun who seems drawned on her thought..

“Seohyun..” He called again..

“De?”

“You can rest as well.. I’m sorry if we disturbed you. You know, Sooyoung often think too much about everything. She can’t rest well before she know about your condition. Please understand her, okay? It’s good to know that you’re alright.”

That caring tone of him. In the past, she will melt right away hearing those caring manner from him. But now, that caring and soothing smile of him only make her hurt even more. She feel bad for him.

“It’s okay oppa. I’m sorry for being such a brat for not letting you and onnie come in. Sorry.”

Kyuhyun nod and then continue to sit beside his wife.

Joohyun turn around, walking slowly towards her room. A caring husband and an understanding wife, It’s scary to think their perfect married life will be ruined because of her. It make her want to hide Kyungsan from them forever. They better didn’t know the truth.

The sound of the door opened break the silence living room. Joohyun widened her eyes in terrified expression. Kyungsan coming out from his room. She want to stop him from coming but her legs went weak and she can’t think of anything. Kyungsan appeared, in his messy hair and pajamas.. Rubbing his eyes and then realized that he actually become the object of everyone’s stare. His mother standing at the center of the room, with the two stragers sitting on the sofa.

He bow at the two and then run towards the kitchen.

Seeing Kyungsan pouring a glass of water makes Hyoyeon stop doing everything. Her face turn white all of sudden. Like the nightmares who always haunted finally become reality.

“Kyung... K-kyungsan ah..”

Kyungsan just look comfortably at Hyoyeon while drinking his water. He walk again to go back to his room when the pregnant woman suddenly greet him.

“Hello, Kyungsan..”

He look up at her and bow.. “Annyonghaeseoyo..”

Joohyun and Hyoyeon stiffened on their spot. They can’t even think of anything to avoided further situation. Joohyun feel like she just get caught doing sins, and she can’t find any excuses.

“I’m Choi Sooyoung imo, I’m friend with your mother and Hyoyeon imo since elementary school. No, your omma is our Junior though..”

“Ah de.. Ch-“

“Seo Kyungsan..” Joohyun cut him before Kyungsan can say his full name. It will be bad if they notice.

Kyungsan look confusedly at his mother but then understand it.. “Seo Kyungsan imnida..”

Sooyoung frown, he got Joohyun’s last name. The curiousity about Kyungsan’s father is killing her but it’s not really the right time to asked Joohyun in this situation.

Kyungsan then bow at the man beside Sooyoung, he look up and his eyes meet that man’s eyes. The man look at him with such unreadable expression. It make him confused and quiet afraid.

Joohyun gulped. Seeing how Kyuhyun look at Kyungsan. Did he notice it? Kyungsan resembles him so much, he’s stupid if he didn’t notice it. But, how she wish Kyuhyun is a really stupid person. This truth she had been hiding for a long time. Why Kyuhyun have to meet Kyungsan.

“Ah.. Annyong. I’m.. Kyuhyun... S-samchoon..” Kyuhyun awkwardly introduce himself.

Joohyun notice how Kyuhyun suddenly turn pale.. Oh my God!

Hyoyeon clear to break somewhat awkward situation. The mood feel so intense and strange. Kyuhyun and Sooyoung trailing Kyungsan with their eyes make her frightened.

“Kyungsan ah.. Go back to your room.”

Kyungsan nod and then left the four of them.

“Huh.. Let’s eat, Sooyoung ah..” Hyoyeon try to stop whatever Sooyoung’s thinking right now.. “You too, oppa..”

The couple snapped from their thought and come to get their food. While Joohyun immediately run towards her room without saying anything.

******************************
 

Joohyun can’t sleep. Of course, ever since she know about this news she barely can’t sleep. She look at her reflection at the mirror, her face look thinner and her eyes turn dark. The best sleep she ever get was that night when she sleep in Yonghwa’s arms.

The moment she witnessed Kyuhyun and Kyungsan’s encounter still sent chills on her spine. It’s like having nightmares and her soul suddenly left her body. She tried to inhale and exhale, trying to calm the pound in her heart. She suddenly remember why she can even got Kyuhyun’s last name for Kyungsan..
 

“I wish I can at least named him after oppa’s name, onnie..”
 

That was her sentence to Hyoyeon not long after she gave birth. She didn’t exactly know how Hyoyeon can get Kyuhyun’s last name. Hyoyeon never tell her anything. The important thing for Hyoyeon is, she can fulfill Joohyun’s wish at that time.

Now Joohyun regret it. Why she have to said her wish to her onnie? She can give Kyungsan her last name so they can live comfortably without Kyuhyun’s shadow. Cho Kyungsan name only remind her that her son’s father is indeed Cho Kyuhyun. But then again, she loved Kyuhyun at that time.. It is wrong if she wished for it? She only wanted his name.. Not his responsibility.

She sigh heavily and glance at the clock. It’s still close before midnight. Why time passed so slowly today? It will be better if tomorrow Soooyung and Kyuhyun left early in the morning.

She get up and come out from her room. Trying to find some snacks that can make her less bored because she definitely can’t close her eyes anymore. She didn’t even budge to turn on the light since it’s unnecessary, better to not disturb everyone’s sleep...

“Seohyun..”

She jumped and gasped loudly when the voice break the silenced. Kyuhyun?!

“O-oppa...” She widened her eyes seeing Kyuhyun sat on the sofa with cola cans on the table. Was he sitting there all along?

“You’re hungry?”

She shook her head in fear..

Kyuhyun get up and walk closer to her, she quickly trying to escape to her room but Kyuhyun was faster to catch her wrist.

She can’t understand his expression. But she feel like going to die.. Why she have to come out from her room?! She didn’t want to face him like this..

“Well, I have something to ask..”

She blinks...

“You know.. About your s-son... mmm... Who’s his f-father, Seohyun ah?”

Her heart stop beating...

“Y-you.. You d-don’t know him..” She try to act as calm as she can..

“I know you’re lying. I... I think.. Well, is he...” He close his eyes before exhale loudly.... “My son?”

Joohyun look up. The time stop as she heard his words. Her breathing stopped, all of her body part stop to function. W-what did he said?

The silence from Joohyun make Kyuhyun sigh loudly, he loosen her wrist from his grasp.

“So, it is right..” He commented

“W-what.. What are you talking about, oppa? H-how funny!” Joohyun step back to make a distant with him. She’s frightened.. But, she can’t lost her control, or Kyuhyun will know everything.

Kyuhyun bit his lower lips, trying to compose himself as well... “I really think he is my son..”

She gulped and let out a dry laugh... “It’s really a funny joke. Oppa, are you drunk?”

Kyuhyun shook his head.. “Let’s get serious, Seohyun ah.. I.. I know we ever d-did it.”

She look up in shocked. The world seems spinning 360 degree in a bad way. Her heart exploded like a bomb. Her body trembling. She clasped her hands together, nailed her skin with her sharp nails, trying to holding pain feeling inside her heart. Trying to hold her tears of pain.. H-he know?

“I know it, Seohyun. We did it when I was drunk that night. I... I can’t think of anything when the news out, I can only see myself as his father. Nine years ago, I know I did sins for-” He can’t continue his words, he broke into weak tears and his voice shaking.

“For what?”

The two of them stiffened. Sooyoung’s voice sound like the most scary thing in this world. Joohyun look up at her onnie who slowly walk closer towards them.

This is the end of me! She cried inside with eyes never left Sooyoung’s.

“What sins you did nine years ago?” Sooyoung look straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“O-onnie..” Somewhat Joohyun find her voice..

“You stand still, Seohyun.” Sooyoung warned still looking at her husband’s eyes... “Your son? Huh... I know it! That’s why he look so much like you.”

“S-sooyoung ah.. Listen to me first..” Kyuhyun reach out for her arms..

“No! You listen to me. You know he is your son? And you didn’t even say anything?! You kept all of this from me?! From her as well?!”

Joohyun step back.. She can’t find any words to calm Sooyoung. To hide the truth, she have to say that Kyuhyun is not his father but she can’t even think of anything. In the end, she kneel down on the floor, crying silently. Sooyoung and Kyuhyun’s argument sound faint on her ears, she didn’t even have strenght to hear them. Her mind keep thinking how to save her son. What will happen to Kyungsan?

“Ah!”

Sooyoung’s scream suddenly make Joohyun look up.

“Sooyoung ah!!”

Kyuhyun terrified voice make her stand up.

Sooyoung’s body slowly fell down while her hand grab her belly. She groan in pain, one hand holding onto Kyuhyun for support.

“Onnie!” Joohyun run towards her, and widened her eyes when she saw so much water underneath Sooyoung.

“Call an ambulance!!!” Kyuhyun scream..

She quickly run for her phone and dialed the ambulance right away. Her body shaking in fears.

“What happened?!” Hyoyeon come out from her room then followed by Kyungsan as well.

“Sooyoung ah..” Kyuhyun shook his wife’s body to prevent her for fainting. But Sooyoung’s groan already dissapeared, her body fell weakly on her husband’s arms, and her eyes closed.

“Her water broke, oppa! Oh my God! She’s bleeding!”

Kyuhyun quickly lift Sooyoung’s.. “Key! Where’s the key!!!”

Hyoyeon panickly run and grab her car’s key. They must bring her to hospital quickly.

Joohyun sit on the floor, seeing the blood in Sooyoung’s thigh. Her legs went weak. She palmed her face. This is all her fault. She make Sooyoung in danger. This is all her fault!

“Omma, what happened?” Kyungsan sleepy voice ask her

Kyungsan kneel infront of her, wiping her tears.. “Waeyo, omma? Why are you crying?”

She shook her head.. “No-nothing. I’m sorry.” She cry again when Kyungsan holding her hand...
 

The ambulance coming just when Kyuhyun about to drive. He then bring his wife to get some first help inside an ambulance.

Joohyun run towards him.. “Can I go too?” She asked Kyuhyun..

Kyuhyun just nod without looking at her. And so, Joohyun ride the ambulance as well. She didn’t even notice the stare from people inside. Didn’t even notice she just going with her pajamas and slippers, with her face mess up from too much tears.
 

“Kyungsan, it is okay if you’re alone?” Hyoyeon ask Kyungsan while packing Sooyoung’s things and prepared to followed the ambulance with her car.

“De imo, it’s alright. I hope your friend will be fine, and her baby too..”

Hyoyeon smile and the little boy head. Technically, the baby is Kyungsan’s sister.. “I’m going.”

Kyungsan nod...

**************************************
 

“She’s having trauma because of that kidnapping incident. I think, she didn’t really remember it when she’s awake. But, when she’s sleeping.. That time she was alone and her surrounding was quiet, that’s why the thought of scary incident will run on her mind.”

Yonghwa listen carefuly to what Chansung, his friend told him. he glance at Sooyeon who drawn on her ipad on the corner of the room.

“But, what Taeyeon told me never happened when she’s with me. Taeyeon said, she’s having nightmare that night at Jeju, screaming and crying. At home, she never like that. She sleep queitly and deeply.”

Chansung sigh... “You said you are the one who saved her that day when she’s kidnapped?”

Yonghwa nod..

“That’s why she’s calm when she’s with you. Taeyeon sshi said she’s calling your name when she’s having nightmare, it’s because when she’s alone in the empty and dark place, she’s screaming and calling for you. I think, she had that nightmare at Jeju was because you’re not there.”

Yonghwa heaved, trying to digest what Chansung told him... “So, what should I do?”

“From now on, she’s normal. She didn’t give any sign that this trauma will haunted her daily life. So, we just have prevent her from having nightmare. I suggest you to always beside her before she’s going to sleep.”

“But, she just started to stay with Taeyeon from today. I have some problem to fix, so I give her to Taeyeon for a while.”

“Well then, at least call her before she sleep.”

Yonghwa nod in understament.. “Fine..”

“What you used to do before she sleep?”

He rolled his eyes.. “I sang lullaby, or just talking about everything to her..”

“Then sing for her everyday, even if it through the phone.. Or, is she close with Taeyeon sshi new husband?” Chansung ask..

“Yes, even before they married. She’s close already with him, she even call him appa as well..”

Chansung chuckled.. “Then, you can ask for his help. Ask him to at least accompanying your daughter before she sleep. If it’s not helping, I guess.. You should bring her back to your side. Let her forget the whole scary incident herself by having you close to her.”

“Arraseo. Thank you very much. It’s scared me when Taeyeon told me that she’s having terrible nightmare. So, she’s fine right?”

Changsung nod.. “There’s nothing you have to be worry. The trauma will gone as the time goes by.”

Yonghwa sigh in relieve and lean his back on the chair. He glance at the watch, it’s midnight already.. “You really, how can you make the appointment this late? Sooyeon have to go to school tomorrow.”

“Mian.. I have so many patients..”

“Well, I guess she have to skip school for one day.”

Chansung just chuckled...

“Sweety, stop playing. Your eyes will be damaged..”

“De, appa..”

“Keunde, why you look so lifeless, Yonghwa yah? That problem you said, it is severe? You even give your precious daughter to stay with Taeyeon sshi. I recall you never wanted to separated with her..”

“Well, it’s quiet severe. I didn’t have time to even take care of myself.”

“What problem? Tell me, I can help you to find the solution..” Chansung ask in his psychiatrics tone..

Yonghwa chcukled.. “A love problem..”

“Love?”

He nod..

“You are in relationship right now? Daebak.. I didn’t know the time will come. I thought you will love Taeyeon sshi forever.”

Yonghwa sigh.. “Keure, I think I’m falling in love, with someone better than Taeyeon I guess..”

Chansung snort.. “More beautiful? ier?”

“Mwolla! I haven’t started anything yet and she suddenly thrown me out.. I can’t call her, can’t see her for a week already. It make me miss her even more, make me always thinking about her.”

Chansung laughed.. “Indeed, you really like a lost puppy right now, waiting to be called by it’s owner.. I thought you were worried sick about your daughter’s condition, that’s why you apperaed so lifelessly..”

“I’m worried about her as well. There’s no one can surprass how important Sooyeon for me!”

“I know. So, what will you do? Just staying still waiting for her?

“Of course. What can I do when she just hiding herself inside her home. I will just waiting until she come out.”

“Yah, just broke her house.. Use the force!”

“I can’t fight that strict security! He love to call police when someone disturb his place..”

“Just find an idea. Ask Jungshin and Minhyuk to help you. Those two are crazy enough to find a way..”

Yonghwa chuckled.. “I haven’t tell them anything about me and her. It’s hard, especially I have to face Minhyuk.”

“Wae? Minhyuk like that girl as well?”

Yonghwa raise his shoulder.. “I don’t know. Still, I don’t have heart to tell Minhyuk.”

“Woah, it’s been a long time since I hear Minhyuk liking a girl. After his terrible break up few years ago, he just busying himself fanboying over Seo Joohyun. Just like you who said you wont ever started any relationship after you divorced.”

Yonghwa smile.. “Indeed, Seo Joohyun is Minhyuk’s biggest crush.” That’s why he afraid to break Minhyuk’s heart.

“By the way, what happened to him when he know the recent news about Seo Joohyun? Everyone talked about it like no end. Well, it’s a shocking news for having a child without clear statement about the father. Is she married or what?”

Yonghwa glare at him.. “Yah! Why are you so chatty? You are a doctor, don’t you embarrassed for gossiping around like this?!”

Chnasung look cofusedly at him.. “Wae? There’s only you and your daughter in this room. It’s not like I’m gossiping around to everyone in whole hospital. It’s only between us, we used to sharing story to each others. And what’s wrong about it? Everyone talked about her everywhere!”

Yonghwa sigh heavily.. “Yah, I’m going. Thanks for checking out Sooyeon’s condition. And watched your mouth, don’t talk badly about Seo Joohyun to someone else!” He stand up and grab Sooyeon to leave the room.

Chansung left dumbfounded. Why he have to be that sensitive?!

“Ah! He was Seo Joohyun’s fan as well.” He curse himself for forgetting that fact.

************************************

Yonghwa walk holding Sooyeon’s hand while keep blaming himself for overreacting infront of Chansung. He’s really being sensitive these days.

“Sweety, sleep at home tonight. Appa will bring you to Omma tomorrow morning. It’s not good to disturb them this late at night.”

“De, appa..”

“Text omma..”

Sooyeon nod and grab her phone to text her mother..

When they’re about to come out from the hospital, he heard an ambulance’s siren getting near. He drag Sooyeon to the side to not getting in a way for whoever inside the ambulance.

A pregnant woman rush into the ER, and he feel so familiar to her. He look at the one holding the woman’s hand and recognized him right away. They’re Joohyun’s friends. He turn to look closely at them. Just when they’re passed by him, he suddenly feel Joohyun’s presence. He thought he saw her with them. She’s passing by him. They passed in a rush so he didn’t really sure. It’s quiet impossible for her to just going out in an open place like this.

“It’s Seo Joohyun.”

He hear people whispered to each others.

“No, she look different. It’s not her!”

“It’s her! I really saw her since she come out from that ambulance. Well, she’s in a mess state.”

Yonghwa feel his heart pound hard. He have to make sure. He grab his daughter and walking inside, going to the ER. If it’s really her, what should he do?

***********************************
 

Joohyun and Kyuhyun left alone outside the ER. Sooyoung is in danger because she’s fainted when she have to giving birth. It’s not even her time yet, but her water broke already in her eighth months.

Kyuhyun fell on the ground while Joohyun sitting on the bench while palmed her face.

“Sooyoung ah, mianhe. It’s all my fault. Please be strong, Jagiya. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” Kyuhyun whispering to himself.

“Please onnie. Please be strong. I’m sorry for putting you in a danger.” She cry inside.

***************************

Yonghwa look from a far. She covered her face with her palm but he can recognize her figure. It’s really her..

There’s a relieve feeling inside him for seeing her again. How he want to run and hug her right away. But, she seems in a bad condition. What actually happened to that woman? Even her husband look so hopeless sitting on the floor.

He trailling her with his eyes then frown. She’s only wearing pajamas and slippers. And she didn’t even have anything to cover her face, it’s dangerous when she’s still the hot topic amongs people right now. Morever she must been cold..

“Sweety, Appa will let you skip your school for tomorrow..”

“Huh?”

“Appa have something to do, so we wont going home yet.”

Sooyeon just nod.. She surely happy for skipping her school tomorrow.

“Let’s go..”

 

Yonghwa drove his car to find the nearest store. He buy the white sneakers and warm coat for her. Not forget the mask and shades. He shopped with heart racing, he will meet her, finally! Even though this is not the best scenario in his mind, but just be able to meet her is enough.

He’s back to the hospital and found Hyoyeon already join them. Hyoyeon stand far from them, leaning her body on the wall expresionless. He didn’t really think this is the right time to disturb them, but seeing Joohyun look so fragile and weak, he want to at least stay beside her.

Walking step by step closer to them. Hyoyeon is the first one to notice him. Joohyun looking down the whole time, her hair covered her face from his sight. Hyoyeon look surprised seeing him but then smile and bow. She glance at Joohyun then back to Yonghwa, silently begging him to comfort her sister.

When he reach the bench beside her, she didn’t budge to know who’s coming. Even when he finally sit beside her, she still didn’t look up. He sigh, but then let her to do whatever she want.

Joohyun feel someone sitting beside her, maybe it just her Hyoyeon onnie. She didn’t have energy to think about anything other then Sooyoung who fight inside. The doctor still not come out, and it make her worried to death. The tiny step approach her, she opened her eyes and notice a small feet facing her. It’s surely not her onnie’s, so she slowly lift her head to see who’s coming. Her eyes widened in surprise..

“Onnie, annyonghaeseoyo.” Sooyeon greet her with smile.

Yonghwa smile silently seeing his daughter while Kyuhyun finally turn to look as well.

“S-sooyeon? Why are you here? Alone? Where’s appa?” She ask in complete clueless face.

Yonghwa savoring the moment of hearing her voice once again. Even though it’s not her usual voice, he still feel relieve.

Sooyeon frown looking at Joohyun. She roll her eyes and look at her father who just sit beside Joohyun. Feeling confuse at how Joohyun ask about her father when he’s just there sitting beside her.

Looking at Sooyeon’s eyes movement, Joohyun finally snapped. She look down and glance at the side, definitelly a man’s legs. She sigh and with so much courage finally looking up to him.

She meet his tender and warm gaze, compare to her weak and gloomy gaze.. They’re staring at each other as the time stop around them.

He gently smile at her then place the shoes on the ground before kneeling down and put it on her. She just let him do it, because she still confused and can’t think of anything. He then stand up and wrap her with the coat he just bought. He can feel how her hands clasped together and trembling, she must feel cold.

He didn’t say anything and just back to sit beside her, while reaching for her hand to his hold.

“What happened?” He ask with low tone, looking at Hyoyeon..

Before Hyoyeon could answer, the door finally opened and doctor appeared. All of them stood up and look at the doctor with worried face..

“How’s my wife, doctor?” Kyuhyun panickly ask..

“She’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter