Chapter 10

Fall In Love With That Kidnapper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

Yonghwa can’t utter a word and just standing stiff on his spot after Taeyeon burst out and hugged him while crying. She just said ‘I’m sorry’ and then throw herself into his arms.

He closed the door still with her in his arms and trying to calm her down when suddenly his hands stop by itself. Like something  stopping him to hug her back.. He moved his gaze to the corner and the weird feelings come to him seeing the girl he just kissed a while ago standing there with such unreadable expression.

He failed to calm Taeyeon and just stand motionless staring at Joohyun. An apologetic look clearly show in his face.

Joohyun can’t understand her own feelings. There’s sudden anger in her heart that saying that she should tell him to push whoever in his arms right now. But, then, her heart hammered and sink when she finally recognized the petite girl that hugging him is no other than his ex-wife, Kim Taeyeon. Her mind also still keep thinking about Hyoyeon’s message. In a word, she’s in a mess right now. She didn’t know this weird feelings she feel right at this moment. All she could do just staring at them, blankly, she didn’t even notice how Yonghwa’s eyes are on her.

Yonghwa notice that her eyes didn’t even met his. Her vision seems far away, she look distracted. He let out a heavy sigh..

“Can you let go of me first?” He finally said to the woman in his arms.

The sound of sobbings still can be heard.. But then, Taeyeon finally let go of him. She look up to him yet his eyes directed to the other side. She followed his vision and widened her eyes seeing the girl standing there. Seo Joohyun?

“I.. I’m sorry.. I d-didn’t know..” She whispered to Yonghwa.

Yonghwa just sigh.. Joohyun seems still in her own world, she didn’t even notice that the two already staring at her..

“Joohyun ah..” He called..

Taeyeon look up to him, she notice how he called her with such intimate tone..

She finally snapped.. “Huh?”

His eyes softened.. “I said.. Joohyun..” He smile

Joohyun furrowed her brows, what was that mean?

“Joohyun..” He called once again..

It finally come to her. She gulped.. This is the first time he called her name without sshi.. And his tone. The sudden blushing on her face is expected.

Taeyeon who notice that Joohyun’s face turn crimpson suddenly forget her own reason to come here. She try to smile while wiping the tears on her cheek..

“Ah! I should go..” Joohyun suddenly remember about Hyoyeon’s text.

Yonghwa frown. Is she mad?.. He look down uncomfortably at Taeyeon, it is okay if he asked Taeyeon to go?

Like knowing whats on his mind, Taeyeon smile at him.. “I don’t mind to wait. I’m sorry if I disturbing you two. Go talk to her, I can wait..” She then take steps towards the couch and sit there, still trying to calm down her own sobs...

Yonghwa walk closer towards Joohyun.. “Don’t leave yet-“

“Oh no! I have to..” She cut him..

“But-“

“I have schedule..” She cut him again..

He sigh in dissapointed.. “I know, but you said it’s at night.”

Her phone suddenly ringing.. She hold up her phone after seeing who’s the caller. Yonghwa saw the screen, it’s Hyoyeon..

“It’s the 5th times. I think this is an urgent..”

“What about your lunch?”

“I eat your lips already..” She whispered out of the blue..

Yonghwa widened his eyes, really.. She still can said something like that when- He quickly turn his head to check on Taeyeon, it seems like she didn’t heard Joohyun’s words and focussing on her phone. He sigh in relieved, it’s not like he afraid Taeyeon would mad or whatever, it’s just embarassing if she heard it.

He face Joohyun again.. “But still..”

“I really have to go. It’s an urgent.” She look at him determined..

He sigh heavily.. “Arraseo.. I will drive you.”

“But you have guest.. “ She remind him.

“Ah! Right.. I will just take you to the parking lot then.”

“I don’t mind to just walk alone..”

He stare at her without any words. Can she just agree with it?

She sigh.. “Fine..” She turn back and left him for awhile to take her bag.

Yonghwa took off his apron and look at Taeyoen.. “Why are you crying anyway?” He ask..

Taeyeon look up at him.. “W-well, I just.. Found out about something. It’s important for me.. But, I don’t know about you.”

He frown..

“I’m sorry for crying like that. Do everything you need to, I will just wait..”

He nod

Joohyun apperead, ready to leave. She passed by Taeyeon and bow awkwardly at her. It’s weird how she feel awkward towards Taeyeon. They used to talked normally before this.

“I’m going..” Yonghwa said to Taeyeon and naturally hold Joohyun’s hand.

Taeyeon smile and nod before the two of them closed the door.

 

Yonghwa still hold Joohyun’s hand tight as they got into the elevator. He notice how she still look uncomfortable.

“Don’t misunderstanding anything.” He broke the silence between them.

“Huh?” Joohyun look up to him..

He sigh... “Don’t think too much about Taeyeon. I’m serious with what I told you earlier..”

She rolled her eyes... “Ah.. De. It’s okay. I’m not misunderstanding anything.” She force a smile to him. She really didn’t mind about them. It’s not like she didn’t care or whatever. She feel furious when she saw them hugging earlier. But, it’s just for a moment. She more distracted to what actually happened in her agency. Hyoyeon’s text won over the weird feeling she felt when saw them hugging.

Yonghwa look carefully at her. She look like terrified.. Is she really mad? Jealous? Or what?..

He frown before he turn her to face him... “Is there something wrong?”

She look blankly at him and then shook her head..

“You look distracted. Tell me what happened?”

She look down before taking a heavy breath.. “It just.. I don’t know, but I feel really uncomfortable right now. It’s like, something might come out.”

“Like what?”

Picture? What picture.. Me and Him, or Kyungsan? She thought in her mind...

“Joohyun..”

She snapped.. “I.. don’t know.”

He sigh.. Maybe there’s a problem from her work, he shouldn’t thinking too much. He can’t force her to say it to him either. In the end, he just let her..

The elevator opened and she started to wear her sunglasses and hoodie...

There’s no single person in the parking lot right now. He opened the car for her and put on her seatbelt, making her blushed by their closeness...

“Just, let me drive you. I can’t let you drive when you look so distracted like this.” He offered once again...

“But, there’s Taeyeon sshi..”

“She can wait.”

She shook her head... “It’s okay. It will trouble you too much. I will be alright, I promise..” She smile.

He look closely at her, determined to let her know that he really want to drive her. But, her eyes say she’s determined to go alone as well..

He sigh in dissapointment.. “Fine, be careful..”

She nod..

“We’re still not done talking. You have to taste my spaghetti as well.”

She smile slightly and nod..

“What’s your schedule tomorrow?”

“Mmm.. Photoshoot..”

“Can I visit?”

She blinks... “In Japan”

He gaped.. “Ah. Really?”

She nod.. “If there’s no any problem. But, it seems there is, maybe it will be canceled.” She smile bitterly

“Just call me when you’ve done.. Or, I will call you before I sleep later.” He then cup her face and plant a kiss on her forehead, the one she like so much.

She gulped trying to calm her racing heart.. If only there’s no upcoming problem she would face later in her agency, she will boldly kiss him right now. It’s just her heart pounding more and more upon remember about Hyoyeon’s text. She can’t think of anything beside that.

He closed the door and wave at her. Feeling unsatisfied that their supposed to be important day ended like this. It’s okay, it’s not like he will give up anyway.

****************************

 

“So, what happened?” Yonghwa sit beside Taeyeon.

He just got back, and when he was about to clean up the mess he left in the kitchen, the kitchen already clean and his spagghetti already well placed at the dinning table, surely it’s Taeyeon’s doing. He feel so bad towards Joohyun, he cooked for her yet she didn’t have chance to taste it. Taeyeon let him eat his lunch first and kept patiently waiting for him.

“So?” He ask again after got a silence from her.

She look down.. “Are you mad at me?”

“Why would I?”

She sigh.. “It seems like, you have a special event with Seo Joohyun sshi but I ruined it..”

He smile.. “No. Even if you didn’t come, she will still leaving.”

“She look so distracted. Did she mad at me?”

He shook his head.. “No. She just have some problem with her work. Don’t think too much. Yah, done with me.. What’s your reason coming here so random like that? And what’s with that sudden crying?”

She bit her lower lip and clasped her fingers together... “I don’t know it’s still matter for you or not. But, it’s important for me.”

“Let me listen it first.” He encourage her...

“Well... I visited Omma and Appa this morning, together with Jonghyun.”

Hearing the word Appa make Yonghwa look straight at her. That old man again?

Taeyeon sigh in disbelief while reminded of what happened in her parent’s house before.. “You know, when I busied myself with lunch preparation. I heard Appa laughed out loud while talking with Jonghyun. As I listened to it closer, he actually told Jonghyun the story of our divorced incident.”

Yonghwa gulped. Feeling a sudden pang in his heart.

“He told Jonghyun about it so lightly. And.. He talked about that.. morning.. when I caught you with.. a girl. He planned that.”

The two of them know the rest of the story, she didn’t want to continue with the detail of how her father can do that. It will just makes them remember the bad past..

He smirk... So, it’s really that greedy old man’s doing.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I’m sorry for not believing you at that time. I’m sorry for not listened to you..” She look at him with sincere eyes..

He sigh heavily, the wound in his heart opened once again... “Keure. You should at least apologize.” He said while looking down.

His perfect married life ruined in an instant, and he actually hold a grudges towards everyone who being a part of his misery, including Taeyeon who never wanted to believe him, never wanted to listened his explanation. It’s all in the past, but.. He seems like can’t forget it easily.

Taeyeon’s father who never trust him. Just because he’s only an ordinary staff who lived by monthly salary. Only because he live the simple life, with his simple family in Busan without any big name supported them. Compared to Jonghyun who have a rich family, he’s nothing in her father’s eyes. That old man must be so happy right now, because he finally got his ideal son-in-law.

“Yonghwa..”

He take a deep breath... “Is he really your Dad?”

“Unfortunatelly, yes.”

“I hate him. I hope he punished.”

“I understand.” Taeyeon nod.. “I’m not disagree though..”

He lean her head on the sofa, looking up at the ceiling... “But, it’s so smart of you to tell me right away. It make me feel relieved a bit.”

Taeyeon sigh and followed him to look up at the ceiling.. “I’m really stupid, right? I just too drawn in my own misery without even think about how’s your feeling. Listening of what my father told me when in fact I already know his personality. I’m such a fool.”

He smile.. “Yah, you ran here immediately like that? Did your husband know?”

She nod.. “He told me to apologize to you..”

“Wah, you’ve got such a good husband.”

She just smile with his remark...

“You know, Taeyeon..” He said with eyes still fixed on the ceiling...

She titled her head to look at him... “Hmmm?”

“There’s no one perfect in this world. I think, you set your standard too high on me. Like you said, I’ve never makes mistake. Well, I always tried to look perfect in front of you. I never wanted to showed you my flaws. And now finally, I understand.. that the relationship actually is not about that. We should show our imperfections as well to make the relationship work. Don’t you think?”

She look down. Digesting his words to make her realized her mistakes...

“We’re failed since beginning. We failed to realized whats the real meaning of relationship, a marriage. I think love is enough, but then.. the most important thing actually is a trust. You didn’t trust me, but I think you do. So, we never really have anything to argue about that. We thought we trust each others because we never try anything to know how’s each others feels.”

She nod... “Come to think of it, you are so mature and you can lead me to learned how to be better person. Your personality is really great. But now, I realized.. You actually make me become more and more immature, I always lean on you so I can’t even think of my own flaws.”

“I realized it too. I make your life so comfortable to the point you can’t improve yourself to be mature. I’m sorry.”

She smile.. “Well, I agree. We’re failed since beginning. It’s expected that our marriage wont work out.”

He nod.. “Thats why Taeyeon ah. If someday, Jonghyun sshi make any mistakes. Try to listen his point of view first. And then, try to put yourself on his place. You should understand his personality well, understand it and matched with it. You know, you’re so lucky to have a chance to fixed whats you have to fix. He seems like an understanding person.”

She smile.. “He is. Just like you..”

“But you have to remember, nobody’s perfect. He will make some mistakes in the future. So, don’t do something like you did to your first husband.”

She try to hold her tears.. “I’m still learning. I will make my marriage work this time. One failure is enough.”

He sigh in relieved.. “Ah.. It’s good that we talk about this. There’s no heavy feelings anymore towards you. But I still can’t forgive your father. Oh well.. I don’t care about him anymore. He already died in my mind.”

Taeyeon chuckled. As her father’s daughter, she should feel offended. But, it’s about Yonghwa. He is the person who suffered so much because of her father, she didn’t blame him if he hate her father to death.

“So, there’s nothing left between us.” He look at her..

“There is. Sooyeon.”

He smile and nod.. “Being a couple is a failure, but I think.. We matched really well as bestfriend.”

“I always trying to be your besfriend, but you always ignored me.”

He pout.. “It’s because I still have grudges.”

“Well, let’s forget it since this day.”

He nod.. “Don’t hesitate to tell me if you have something, good or bad..”

She narrowed her eyes.. “If I’m not hesitate, don’t you think Joohyun sshi will be jealous?”

“What?!” He widened his eyes..

“Yah, enough about me.” She look at him with excited eyes.. “Are you dating Seo Joohyun?”

His heart began to pound, it’s quite embarrassing to questioned so suddenly like that.. “N-no..”

“Eiii... Liar. You look so in love earlier!!”

“W-well.. Not.. Yet..”

She smile widely.. “Really? Oh my God! I can’t believe this. You and Joohyun sshi. What a fate!”

He gulped.. “I’m trying.”

She nod.. “You must. See, I told you so. The tension between you two is different.”

“Really?”

“It’s just. There’s something about you two. Ah.. jinjja! Seo Joohyun who always make me jealous in the past. Yah, do you remember how you always told me to always did my hair like Seo Joohyun’s. Or, when we ate at that spaghetti restaurant, the one with a big poster of her, hahaha! You sure look like a fool at that time. Ah, don’t forget about the hundreds magazines full of her photos I’ve always tidied in your dorm. This is fate, Yong! You should catch it fast!” She talked so excitedly and fast..

“You nosy ahjumma! I recall you’re crying when you got here..” He mock at her chattiness.. “Yah, don’t your husband will wait for you to comeback?”

“It’s okay, he’s busy. Yah, tell me the story. How, when, where.. tell me everything!!” She demanded...

He sigh in defeat.. “Well, we met, we talked, we teased each others, we argued alot, we... we... look at each others’ eyes. We... we.. k-kissed.” He avoid Taeyeon’s stare because he’s embarrassed. he look like a teenager who just questioned about his first love. And why would he told her about this?

“You love her.” She state..

He look to her this time. Nervous to the max.

Taeyeon smile.. “You are.”

He take a deep breath, looking up while imagining Joohyun’s smiling face.. He smile to himself.. “I like her personallity. You know, she’s unexpectedly adorable. With that random actions that always makes me surprise. She’s different from her image in the TV, I can see that she’s trying her best to be a better person. Seeing her trying to fix her relationship with Kyungsan, it’s a beautiful sight..”

Taeyeon frown.. “Who’s Kyungsan?”

Yonghwa gasped. Oh God, he blurt it out.. “J-just.. Someone.”

“Who? Her boyfriend? You said about relationship just now..”

“Aniya.. She’s y, free and single!.. Oh well, she’s not free actually..”

“But, she’s y?”

He just ignore that question..

“I wish you the best Yong. You got your dream girl, it’s really unexpected. Well, maybe.. It’s a reward because you have suffered so much in the past. In two years you always said your interest in girl rusted, but it seems like you’re waiting for her. I’m curious how you two can get to know each others. I met you two after you know her, right? At that restaurant.”

He smile remembering his first meeting with Joohyun.. Is he really waiting for her? Because he didn’t have any intention to started another relationship with anyone before. He thought he will live only with Sooyeon for the rest of his life. She came, and change everything he planned.

Taeyeon can see the spark on his eyes when he talk about Joohyun. It’s amazed her how he will suddenly smile without he knowing. It’s good then. She always hope he would find his match and started a new life. She feel relieved, there’s nothing left between them anymore.. The misunderstanding is settled and they will continue to look after Sooyeon and being each other’s bestfriend. She like how the things turn out for them. There’s no bad feelings towards each others anymore. She concluded, they’re completely move on.

“Take care of her well. I’m waiting for good news from you two.”

“I’m trying to make everythings work. Just like you, I had a failed marriage before. So, I kind of have some trauma.”

She nod and pat his shoulder.. “Try your best, the failure make us become more mature anyway.”

“I know.”

She smile.. “I’m going. Thank you for this talk, bestfriend..”

He snort...

She stand up and was about to leave when she remember something. She turn back and look at him with serious face...

“Yonghwa, did Sooyeon ever being kidnapped?”

He widened his eyes in fear.. “What?!”

“It just, when we’re in Jeju. She suddenly have a nightmare. Her story was like she’s being kidnapped, she’s tied and desperately calling for Appa. I don’t think she can said it so clear and detailed if she didn’t experienced it. Do you hide something for me?”

He blinked several times, trying to find an answer... “N-no.. Yah, if she’s being k-kidnapped, I will tell you right away.”

“But I think it’s serious. The fear in her eyes is so real.”

“It’s okay. Maybe, she dreamed about the movie we’re watching together before she left. Don’t worry..” He gave her reasuring smile..

“Really? Because as her Mother, I have the right to know everything.”

He nod... “I guarantee it. She’s fine.”

“I guess she’s with Minhyuk and Jungshin right now.” Taeyeon look around..

He nod again..

“You shouldn’t let her watching that scary movies anymore,Yong. She’s just six, just let her watching princess or barbie.” Taeyeon sigh in dissapointed..  “Ah, thats why I should be the one who live with her.”

“Yah, you live with your husband, and you want Sooyeon now?! Never!!”

She smirk.. “You can live with Joohyun sshi.”

“How about before that?”

“Oh, I see you already planning to live with her.” She ..

“Whatever!”

“But, really. Don’t let her watching horror or action movies anymore. It’s not her time to watched that kind of movies yet. Tell Jungshin and Minhyuk as well..!”

He nod.. “Arraseo..”

“I’m going.”

He sigh in relieved after Taeyeon left. It’s not like he want to hide it from her. He just didn’t want her to asked many questions about that. It’s already passed anyway.

But, Sooyeon. Is she really still having nightmare? He recall she never had it when she sleep at home. He should bring her to doctor the someday.

***********************
 

Joohyun take a baby steps towards her CEO’s room. So many thoughts run on her mind. She’s sweating like crazy, hands clasped together, heart pounding so hard. She didn’t feel any good about this outcome.

“Seohyun!” Hyoyeon’s voice call for her from behind..

Joohyun turn back and seeing her Hyoyeon onnie run to her with panic expression.

“Yah, what happened to your fingers?” Hyoyeon ask as soon as she saw the bandage on Joohyun’s fingers..

“Ah, just a small cut. I will take it off when I attend the event later..”

Hyoyeon shook her head.. “That event is canceled. No, only your appearance will be canceled.”

Joohyun expected it already.. “W-why?”

Hyoyeon sigh.. “Let’s get in, Sajangnim waiting for you.”

As soon as they get inside, Lee Sooman Sajangnim, and Sookyung onnie already there.

“Joohyun..” They call for her with weak tone.

She gulped.. Is this the day? The day when everything’s finally exploded?

“We’re ruined.” Lee Sooman sajangnim said it flat..

“W-what happened?” She try to ask the obvious..

They just look down towards the table.. Signaling her to just check on the envelope on it. She sit down, and with trembling hands, opened the envelope..

She’s right, whats she’s afraid of is really happened. Her pictures, with Yonghwa. and Kyungsan’s picture as well. She recall the one with Yonghwa was when they’re in Japan, walking outside the resort, and the one when they stayed in the car at Han River. There’s picture of him outside her photoshoot studio as well.

She feel her heart stop beating when she saw the picture of Kyungsan. Many pictures showed that he was alone, but.. there’s pictures of Kyungsan and Yonghwa at amusement park, mall, cafe and many places.

The last blow is the picture of three of them outside Kyungsan’s school.

She try to hold her tears. This is too much. How can she didn’t notice it? She used to be so quick when it came to camera and paparazzi. Why she didn’t notice there’s someone following her everywhere?

“I don’t mind about the guy. You’re at that age anyway, it’s normal to be dating. But, that boy. Is he really have something to do with you? Because the repoter said, that boy is lived at the same complex as you..” Sooman Sajangnim started to interogate her.

Her neighbourhood is a quiet place where many important people lived there. There’s security at the complex’s gate and only the one with a clear reason can get into the complex. The paparazzi surely can’t followed them to their house.

“Seo Joohyun?” Sooman ask again..

She look up at her Hyoyeon onnie. At time like this, Hyoyeon usually defend her, saying that Kyungsan is her son. She always feel bad about that, but.. why this time Hyoyeon onnie just stay still without saying anything?

“If you think Hyoyeon will defend you, she already did it before you came. But then, that boy is not her child.. We’re sure about it. Sookyung know it.”

She look at Sookyung onnie.. And the latter quietly sit beside her..

“Do you remember when I went to the obgyn to checked on my pregnancy. Hyoyeon accompanied me once, and she try to check on her condition as well, about her health. I remember the doctor said that she never gave a birth or even pregnant.”

Hyoyeon look at her in apologetic face. No, she know it’s not Hyoyeon’s fault.

“Tell us the truth Joohyun. We will try our best to help you. We’re all family here, if that boy is really your child.. We will find a way to make this less scandalous.”

She can see the sincerity on Lee Sooman’s eyes. She trust her CEO as much she trust Hyoyeon. He always on her side everytime she faced a problem. But, she didn’t sure that he will forgive her for this. This is too big, to shocking for the public, too dangerous for their reputation as one of the big company in Korea..

The room filled with heavy tension. Everyone waiting for her answer. She feel like fainted, she want to just bang the door and runaway without saying anything. She never been ready to face this, but it’s probably the time. The truth will be revealed anyway, she know she can’t hide forever.

With eyes trying to hold her tears, heart trying to at least beating, she finally sigh in defeated..

“He is my son.”

Lee Sooman and Sookyung just sigh. It’s like, they’re already expected her answer.

“So, what that paparazzi want? I have enough money to-“

“No. He didn’t come here for money.” Lee Sooman cut her... “He just want to warned us to be ready for the blow. He will revealed this pictures next week. I tried to bribe him with a really high amount of money but he didn’t budge.”

Joohyun stare at him in fear..

“If it’s only about your relationship with that guy, he probably will accept our money. But, that child issue is so scandalous. This year, all the news are about dating scandals.. Your news will be the biggest scandal of this year. You, having a son. Nine years old. Lying to the public. Your career will be ruined. No, this is the death of you.”

She close her eyes, imagining what happened. This career she build since she’s in her middle school. She expected it will be ruined anyway. She’s feed up with this job. She’s lucky enough to found a way to escape when she found out about her pregnancy, her career should been died nine years ago. This is the time. All the fear she felt for this nine years, the scared feeling of being found out, this is the time all of that will be revealed. She’s not ready to face everyone, to face Kyuhyun and Sooyoung, to face Yonghwa as well.

Lee Sooman sigh, seeing Joohyun drawn on her own thought. He decide to just spill his thought without waiting for her answer..

“That reporter said, he will wait for our decission about that guy you’re dating. If we said we can’t revealed him, then he will accept our money. He will just showed your son’s picture. But, I think it’s a bad idea. I prefer to revealed that you dating that guy, so the public will at least think that your son have a father.”

She swallow the lump on ..

“Who’s your son real father, Joohyun?”

“Sajangnim, I think we should continue this later. Joohyun is not in a good condition right now. You will only make her more depressed.” Hyoyeon finally say a word..

“No. We have to quick. Listen Joohyun, my plan will be.. we will revealed that guy and your son first, maybe the public will throw tantrum or curse on you but you have to endure it. We will find a way to create a story for you and give them an official statement not long after the news broke. You know, we have to plan and match things up to make a good story for your image. Now, if you don’t mind.. I want you to come with that guy tomorrow, I really hope he can help us.”

“N-no.” She defend with a tiny voice.. “I’m.. not.. dating him.”

“What?”

“We’re just friend.”

“That treporter said you always spent your time with him.”

“But that doesn’t mean I’m dating him.”

Lee Sooman standing up.. “I don’t care. The public wont care either. If there’s a photo proof, everyone will think you’re dating. I want to make this clear for you. You’re our model, I know this is a huge blow for you. But, just let us handled this. Seo Joohyun, if only you tell the truth to us since beginning, we would have prepared about this. Don’t you believe us? Do you think we will kicked you out if you said that you have a son? I care for you as I care for my daughter, you dissapointed me for hiding this for years!”

Her tears finally fell down on her cheek..

“I don’t need your opinion in this. Let me handle this on my own. Now, tell me about that guy, what his name?” Instead of looking at Joohyun, he look at Hyoyeon for an answer

Hyoyeon sigh.. “Jung Yonghwa, a single parent of a daughter.”

Joohyun look at Hyoyeon in shock.. “Onnie!”

Hyoyeon ignore her and stare at Lee Sooman’s eyes with determined..

“Single parent?”

Hyoyeon nod..

“No! Don’t drag him into this! Sajangnim, please.. He didn’t know anything!!”

“Seeing how he spent so many times with your son, he sure know something!”

“But I don’t want him get involve!”

“If you don’t want him to get involved. Then, tell me who’s the real father?! His real father is the best thing we can get right now. It’s better to get him.”

Joohyun’s legs turn weak.. Her tears flow like a river. No one on her side, even her Hyoyeon onnie.. Why she revealed Yonghwa’s indentity? Her sajangnim will go all the way to make Yonghwa get involved in this mess.

“Just revealed Kyungsan. I don’t mind. He’s really my son anyway. But, Yonghwa is not my boyfriend, don’t drag him into this mess!” She said her final decission..

Lee Sooman shook his head.. “I don’t need your opinion.” He state.

“Listen, we canceled your event for tonight, and your photoshoot in Japan will be postponed. We already agree with Lee Minho’s agency and the production team that your magazine photoshoot will be filmed tomorrow. So, just appeared as normal as you could. The news wont break until next week. Instead of Japan, you will go to Jeju for Star Hotel’s filming two days later. I hope you can finish your schedule this whole week, so when the news out you wont have any debt. I’m sorry for doing this to you, but I have to.”

“Now, Hyoyeon.. Can I get this Jung Yonghwa’s number?”

“I don’t have it. Joohyun does.”

“I wont give you anything relate to him Sajangnim.”

“Seo Joohyun..”

She take a heavy breath.. “Just, let me think about it first. Please.. I want to go home right now.”

Sooman sigh, he understand her struggling, but they just have a week to solve this problem..

“Please..” Joohyun beg

“Arraseo. Come again tomorrow after you finish your schedule. It’s better if you can talk to Jung Yonghwa and ask him to help you. I’m doing this to make your pain lessen, Joohyun. If public know you have a son without a father, they will- oh my God! Just thinking about the words they will throw at you is scary. They will kill you slowly with their sharp tounge. I don’t want you to suffers from it.”

She nod weakly, knowing exactly with what he refers to..

*****************************
 

The road to home went quiet between Joohyun and Hyoyeon. Joohyun still drawn on her own thought, imagining the worst thing that would happened. Hyoyeon continue to drive, if she talks right now.. they would probably have a fight, and it’s dangerous. She just will talk to her when they reach home.

As soon as they reach home, Kyungsan greet them and said that he have to write his homeworks. Joohyun and Hyoyeo nod at him like nothing happened before he close the door of his room.

“I’m sorry. When I accompanied Sookyung onnie to the obgyn and check on my health as well, I didn’t expected this outcome. I don’t think she will remember it as well..” Hyoyeon began as she pour a glass of water for Joohyun.

Joohyun just sit motionless at the sofa.. everything’s in a mess right now, her soul seems like leaving her body. She take a glass from Hyoyeon and gulped it once..

“Seohyun..”

“You’re crazy onnie.” She said with flat tone.. “Why did you giving out Yonghwa’s name.”

Hyoyeon sit infront of her, ready to face an argument that will come between them.

“I think, we need him to help you.”

Joohyun smirk... “I don’t want him be dragged into this.”

“Listen Seohyun, the news will broke out anyway. If there’s news about you dating him, at least.. You wont look so bad for having a child without father..”

“Onnie! I don’t see any point of revealing him as my boyfriend will lessen the tension after the news broke. What’s the point of dating him when he’s not Kyungsan’s father? He didn’t have anything to do with this!” She finally look into Hyoyeon’s eyes.. Furious how her onnie seems didn’t understand her feeling.

“It’s better than facing this alone. Having a child without father, not even have a man beside you. People will mock at you..”

“Let them be. I’m a anyway! It’s normal for them to mock and curse at me!”

“Seohyun!!”

Joohyun’s tears fell down, her breath feel so heavy right now. All she know was the anger she feel towards this onnie infront of her..

“You don’t understand my feeling onnie. You don’t care about my feeling!”

Hyoyeon can’t hold her tears anymore.. “No, this is because I care for you. I don’t want you to suffer, I know you very well.. You easily get waver when you see bad comments about you. Having Yonghwa beside you maybe will make you less depressed.”

“This is why you want us to be together? You want to use him for this? Onnie, I don’t know you’re this low!”

“Shut up!! Seohyun, I forgive you for that harsh words you throw at me just this time. I’m still your sister. You should at least respect me!”

Joohyun look down, she know she’s too much this time.

“I didn’t mean anything bad, sure I want you to be with him because I can see how happy you are when he’s around. Yonghwa sshi would probably agree with me, I’m sure he’s willing to help you. You need to be with someone like him. At least, he’s capable of making you think straight.”

“I determined to not involving him.”

Hyoyeon sigh in desperation.. “Fine, let say Yonghwa sshi don’t have anything to do with this, okay.. we can exclude him. Then, should I really call the one who have anything to do with this? Kyuhyun oppa is the right answer for this. He is the real father anyway.”

Joohyun’s heart stop beating for the nth times today. Hearing Kyuhyun’s name make her fear comeback again. No, not him..

“I don’t want to have anything to do with him ever again.”

“Then what do you want?!!” Hyoyeon scream in frustation..

“Can we just exclude them? I can face this alone. Revealed Kyungsan without involving Yonghwa or Kyuhyun or whoever! I deserve to be blamed by the public. Alone! This is all my fault!”

“No, you can’t. If you face this alone, I’m worried you will think of suicide anytime soon. I know you Seohyun. I can see how you always running away and avoid things to solve the problem. This time I wont let you. Let’s finish this problem we’re facing since nine years ago. It’s time for us to move on.”

“Shirro!”

“This time I’m agree with Sooman sajangnim, I don’t need your opinion.”

Joohyun look up at her onnie, begging her to at least take on her side. She actually doesn’t know what to do, the only thing she’s sure is.. she didn’t want to drag Yonghwa or Kyuhyun into this. She know she’s a coward, she’s afraid.. afraid about everything.

“What will this reflect on me, onnie?” Her voice shake for too much holding tears.. “Asking for his help when we just know each other for a short moment? How can I face him after this? I know this is all my fault, I shouln’t have falling in love, towards Yonghwa sshi, or Kyuhyun oppa.. I shouldn’t have falling in love.” She look down.. Broke into crying river.

Hyoyeon’s heart sank hearing her, she wiped her own tears before kneel down infront of Joohyun, reaching for her hands.. “Oh my God, baby.. No one blame you for falling in love. You have the right to fall in love with whoever you want. No one can blame you...”

“How can I face them, onnie? He have his own life. How about his work, his daughter will dragged into this as well. What about Sooyoung onnie? Their baby? Everyone have their own life onnie.. They’re happy with their own life. How can I make them suffered because of my own fault?”

“No. Who said this is your fault?”

Joohyun wipe her tears.. “Don’t get them involve. I beg you, just this time. Let me face this alone. I will survive onnie, as long as you’re still with me.” She stand up and walk towards her room, leaving Hyoyeon crying her heart out alone.

********************************************
 

Yonghwa sat on his bed after make sure Sooyeon falling a sleep. He opened his smartphone and search on Joohyun’s news. He suddenly want to see how she look like in tonight’s event.

He frown.. He saw many pictures of celebrities that came to the event, but there’s no Joohyun. He look back again and still, there’s no trace of her.
 

‘Seo Joohyun canceled her appearance because of the personal issue.’ The official statement state..
 

He know it, there’s something wrong. She really didn’t look good earlier. He throw his head on the pillow, he suddenly chuckled.. He feel like coming back to his fanboy days. He used to always stalked her activities in the past. Looking at her outfits, hairstyle, or whatever that make her stunning. He stopped doing that after he discharge from the army and struggled to find a job, and then completely stopped being a fan after he married and got Sooyeon, he busy to take care of his own life.

He smile at his phone.. Now, he know her number. Compared to the past when he’s just an invisible existence for her, now they seems to have a special relationship. Actually His fanboy heart still can’t believe this completely, but then again.. it’s really her, the one he liked so much in the past.

He try to call her once.. But she didn’t pick it up. After he try for the fourth times, she finally pick it up..

“Hello..”

Her voice sound different..

“Hey, where are you?”

“Home.”

He nod.. He didn’t know, there’s something different by the way she talks.

“Are you really going to Japan tomorrow?”

“It’s posponed..”

“Joohyun..”

“De.”

“You sound troubled, I know you didn’t attend that event, Whats wrong?”

“A-aniyo. I’m just sleepy. Just got back from a tiring meeting.”

“Really? You can tell me whats bothering you, it’s not good to keep it by yourself.”

“It’s nothing.”

He sigh.. “Well then, what’s your schedule tomorrow?”

“Photoshoot.”

“In Seoul, right? I will visit you..”

“You don’t have to.”

“I need to meet you. You know, this conversation seems weird because of your respond, something’s wrong with you. I need to see you, or I will be bothered.”

“..................”

“Can you give me Hyoyeon’s number, so I can call her when I got there tomorrow..”

“No. Don’t call her. I will text you the location myself.”

“Oh, arraseo. Then.. Sleep well Joohyun. Don’t be too burdened by whatever you’re thinking now. I will see you tomorrow.”

“De.”

“Good night..”

“Good night.”

He cuts the line. Feeling a bit dissaponited. He expected t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter