Close call

Breaking Through

No one’s POV

Jongwa seethed in rage, chest heaving as he muttered vile curses at Sora while she laughed. He threw up his hand, grunting angrily, dismissing his son and Onew. Minho smirked, and walked out, carefully hiding his rejected feeling from his father. But not from Sora. Onew followed mutely.

Sora, realizing that she was now alone with Jongwa, quieted her laughs, looking about frantically for YG appa. She couldn’t find him, and terror flooded her bloodstream, horrible memories that she’d fought so hard to bury resurfacing. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying not to think about Jongwa’s hand on her leg, or how he loved to whisper in her ear from behind her.

Jongwa noticed her sudden silence, and said, “Not so loud now, huh? Don’t feel so brave now that we’re alone?” He slinked out of Sora’s eyesight, and then reappeared directly behind her, exactly like he always had. He always did it that way because it always scared Sora, no matter how many times he did it. “Little Sora is all…. Alone…” His slimy hands ran down Sora’s arms, then down her chest. “No friends, no champion, no knight in shining armor to save her…..” One hand wrapped around Sora’s lower chest, and the other continued down Sora’s leg. Sora stiffened, and tears sprang to her eyes. But she would not cry. Sora wasn’t going to give Jongwa the satisfaction. Jongwa continued, “Little Sora is all alone…. Unloved…. Unprotected… And you’re going to die alone, and unloved, and unprotected, because no one is capable of loving a freak,” He drew out the word as his hand inched its way to her inner thigh, “like you. I think that’s what I love most about this. Yes, it is. I just so love –’’

Jongwa is interrupted by a pounding on the cell door. Jongwa growls in frustration, tearing himself away from Sora, and storming to the door. He yanks it open, and the look in his eyes would be enough to kill a lesser being. “What?” He gets out through his clenched teeth, glaring at the figure on the other side of the threshold.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, sir, but there’s been a breakthrough on the enemy’s location!” Onew whispered urgently. Jongwa debated internally for a second. Leave Sora to track down and torture her companions, or stay with Sora to torture her? As tempting as the thought was, he liked seeing Sora broken before he broke her. It would be easier to do that if he could show her, her friends being mutilated, Jongwa mused, and that made up his mind. He nodded, and barged past Onew.

Onew grinned, and it was the first time Sora had seen a real smile from him. Not a homicidal smile, not a thin line of defeat, but a real, genuine smile. He stepped inside, turned away from Sora, and typed something into the lock pad. It zapped and sparked, and Onew turned back to Sora.

“Now we’re alone…. They can’t see us and we can’t get in!” Onew sounded almost giddy at the prospect, and Sora wondered if maybe he was insane, about to skin her alive, as the saying goes. Then Onew calmed himself, and looked at Sora with a dead serious look in his eye. “I’ll let you go. I’ll release you.”

Sora raised her eyebrows, her first instinct to not believe him, to scoff and dismiss him as a crazed cyborg in need of a reboot. But then, she felt a tugging. Onew’s thoughts, calling to her. Sora dived in, exploring his intentions, and found he was genuine. He would release her. But there would be a price.

Go on….. Sora thought to him, not trusting herself to speak. What price?

I want you to kill me. Onew responded. Kill me, please! Kill me, kill Jongwa – that bastard! – kill the scientist who experimented on you! Hell, you can kill everyone who ever wronged you, as long as you over throw Jongwa, if it’s the last thing you ever do! Promise to do that, and I’ll release you.

What? WHAT?! Why do you want me to kill you? Or Jongwa?! You’re on his side! Sora thought frantically, and if she could, she would’ve scrambled away from him.

Oh, if only you knew…. Onew thought back sadly, before opening up an avalanche of emotions and thoughts and memories to Sora. Grief when he was taken from his parents, pain as he was turned into a cyborg, and then the order that replaced it. No emotion, no thought, just point and shoot. He remembered inflicting pain and suffering on innocent women and children, and enjoying every second of it at the time. He conveyed to Sora how sick of himself he was. How could he be allowed to live, he argued, if he had done such horrible things, and felt happy to do so? How could anyone? Then more.

He remembered the fight with Bigbang, and that one hit to his head that snapped him back to reality. After that fight, he had become isolated, and he grieved for all he had killed, truly mourned. He actually tried to kill himself several times. Then Sora understood. This was a man who legitimately didn’t want to live. He would rather be dead, a rotting corpse, than continue to be the monster that he was. And he wanted Sora to bring down the man who had made him this way. Onew wanted Jongwa to suffer.

Ok. I’ll kill you. Sora thought to Onew, her heart heavy with her new knowledge, and what she must now do. Onew sighed in relief, and grabbed hold of her bonds, using one of his cybernetic implants to cut through the xyrem iron. Sora immediately felt her energy return, and she stood. Onew stood as well.

I will kill you. I will kill Jongwa. This horrible reign will come to an end. I swear on my life. Sora thought to Onew, before zipping behind him faster than you could blink, reaching up and getting a good grip on his head, and twisting her hands to the side. His neck snapped, and Onew’s head lolled to his front as his body fell to the ground.

Sora looked at one of the men who had helped make the majority of her life a living nightmare. She didn't see him as just another monster, she began to see him as a helpless little boy, who up into this point had no control over his actions. But when he was given the chance to redeem himself, he took it.
Sora prayed silently. If there is a heaven, and if there is a God, Onew you deserve to go there. I forgive you.

Then she focused on what she had to do.

Minho POV
I’m alone. Sitting in the heart of the Tracking and Communications Central Room. Waiting for Onew to show up. I hope that Onew has some idea about where Taemin. Even though Taemin annoys the crap out of me sometimes, I feel worried for him. The poor kid is probably being tortured as I sit here now….

I space off for a few minutes and then suddenly the door swings open and my father steps in. I jump to my feet in an instant, very surprised. Is he done with Sora already? Normally he draws it out for hours…

“Father, what do you need?” I ask.

“What have you found out” He asks.

“I beg your pardon?” I ask confused.

“The location of the Enemy! Where are they?” he seems so… giddy... and happy…

“We don’t know yet, Onew hasn’t even been briefed about his mission yet.” I respond wondering why my father seemed so excited.

“Onew knocked on the door of the Interrogation Chambers and told me that you had new information.” My father says.

“He didn’t tell me anything, I don’t even know where he is.”

“He was behind me when I left Sora….”Then my father’s face takes a horrified look and he abruptly spins on his heel and takes off running. I have no choice but to follow, even though I am confused as hell.

When we reach the Interogation Chamber, the door is wide open, and we see a body laying on the floor. I race to it and when I turn it open I see Onew.

Onew. My friend. My right hand man. My best soldier…. Dead in front of me…

How did I not feel anything when he died? How come I’m worrying more about the loss of a brilliant soldier than the loss of a friend? Why don’t I feel any sorrow? Why am I so ING ANGRY INSTEAD?!?!?!!?!??!???!!?!?!?

My father’s voice shocks me. “Sora is gone, the restraints are broken… she must’ve killed Onew…” he says in the same enraged tone that I am feeling right now.

“Minho, sound the alarm!!!” he yells at me as he pulls a miniature AK-47 out of his belt loop.

Seungri POV

All of us rush into the hypercraft, dragging the giant printer with us since we have nowhere else to put it. Now that we know that Sora has been kidnapped by Onew our exhaustion drains away and is replace by  a steady flow of adrenaline. Taemin knows how to control it and he immediately sets GPS co-ordinates for the facility.

“We’ll be there in about fifteen minutes, the hypercraft is moving a bit slower because of the damage from a CERTAIN crash” says Taemin looking pointedly at Dara and CL. They shrug and I lose track of the conversations when Minzy sits next to me.

“Did you have to put that chip in my shoe?” I whisper.

“Yes, you started the relationship so you better work hard to maintain it.” She whispers back.

“I-I started it? YOU kissed me!”
“Who kissed back? Who gets nervous whenever he sees me? Who likes to ask me to go on nightly walks with him when everyone else is asleep?” she smirks.

I shrug in defeat… I am one lucky guy, I say to myself as I slip my hand into hers.

Daesung POV

While Seungri and Minzy where being all lovey dovey in the back of the hovercraft, I was trying to talk some sense into Jiyoung Hyung.

“We need a plan!” I tell him. Everyone agrees with me and we all look at Jiyoung hyung.

He has his face buried in his hands and isn’t moving.

We try to make him get up because we have never ever done a mission without him leading us. But to no avail… he seems to be in his own world of pain.

“Hyung can you freaking do something already!” I yell at him out of pure desperation.

He finally lifts his head. His hair changes color into a death like shade of grey. His face seems like a stone as he yells back, half-heartedly. “ME? Do something? No way! This last plan almost killed Sora, and as soon as she gets better she gets taken by those ing bastards, and not to mention that YG appa has probably been killed off or something-”

He is cut off when CL stands up and slaps him straight out across the face. “Get your stuff together, you always call yourself the Kwon Leader so live up to your name and freaking LEAD us!”

Jiyoung hyung seem shaken. No one except Appa has ever spoken to him like that…I am really starting to admire CL’s courage.

“But what am I supposed to do?” he wails.

CL notices how hyungs face has crumpled and he looks like he’s lost in a chasm of depression. So she softens her voice.

“Think Jiyoung, Think. You can do this. You know how to get us out of the situation. I know you do. We all know you do.”

“Hyung, we believe in you, we will follow you to the end.” I say.

Everyone murmurs their agreement and we all hug Jiyoung hyung.

“I have one idea, but that’s it” he says, going back into the mood that we normally seem him in. He doesn’t have the normal glint of excitement in his eyes, but it was plain to us all that he had regained his nerves of steel.

“We stay together, no matter what. None of us will ever split up again. And we will fight. No hiding, no tricks, we will just fight and if we’re lucky we’ll fight Sora and Appa. We might even kill Jongwa.”

Dara looks at him. “Luck? Your plan is based on luck?”

“What else can we hope for now?” TOP hyung responds, before Jiyoung goes back into his depression.

Taemin calls out. “We’ll be there in five minutes!”

We all quickly agree to what Jiyoung says and begin to hope for the best in silence.

But within thirty seconds a voice tugs at my thoughts.

Daesung? Can you hear me?

Sora! Sora is that you? Did they take you to the facility?

Yes, they did, but I escaped from where they were holding me. Onew helped me.

He helped you? What? Why?

 She is silent for a while.

Trust me Daesung, I paid a price for his help. She thought back sadly.

I didn’t feel like prodding any deeper, because I was afraid of what she would tell me.

Sora have you seen Appa?

Yes, he’s alive but being held prisoner.

Sora, all of us are on our way right now we should be there soon. We are ready to fight.

Thank you, is Taemin with you?

Yes.

Tell him I’m sorry.

Why?

Just tell him. He’ll find out sooner or later. And tell him that I am by the outer corridor in the library.

The library?

No one ever comes here.

“Guys?” I say standing up. “There’s been a change of plans”



Hi guys! We hope you like this chapter. Credits for the new poster goes to Hyper Reality Poster Shop.

You know, would it really hurt you guys to comment?

One little comment from eachof you would make us really happy- just saying^^