Discoveries

Breaking Through

Sora’s POV

I follow along with the boys, thinking. This reminds me of that one time at the Institute…

It was just after one of Jungwa’s visits. They put me in a grey metal box, with nothing in it. They closed the door, and welded the edges to the rest of the box, making it airtight. I, having no proper education, didn’t know that, or what that meant.

They kept me in there for days, no food, no water, and, as I learned later, no air. I survived. They were talking as they let me out.

“Amazing! Two weeks, nothing to sustain herself, and she survived!” The one feeding me exclaimed. They proceeded to speak in some sciencey sounding language.

The next day, they put me in another airtight room. I heard a hissing sound, and… Nothing. I kept track of the days this time, marking little scratches in my pillow case for each time I woke up. Not the most accurate, but it was as accurate as I could get, given the circumstances. Twelve scratches.

The scientists were speaking some babble, marveling at how I managed to yet again survive. One commented that they could never seem to kill me. Another said that was a good thing, that Jungwa would kill them if they killed me.

They let me back into my normal room; they just stopped my meals this time. Not that bad, considering.

“Hey! Earth to Sora! Anyone home?” Jiyoung asks, snapping his fingers in front of my eyes. I flinch, and snap out of my little trip down memory lane.

“Yes?” I ask, trying to control my voice.

“Do you want kimchi, or gimbap?” Jiyoung asks, stepping back and taking his seat at the table. I look around, and realize that we made it to the dining room, and everyone else was sitting. I sat down.

“Could I have both?” I make my voice sound eager, like I’m starving. Which I am already, so it wasn’t hard. Umma smiles, and hands me the dishes. I glance at it warily.

It’s ok, Umma didn’t make it. Appa and Taeyang did. Daesung messages me. I nod to show I got it, and dig in.

Halfway through the meal, Appa taps his spoon against his cup, and everyone obediently turns their attention to him.

“Now that we have Sora, the six are complete. I say it’s time to take action against Jongwa!” Appa starts, rising. He starts to pace around the dining room.

“Teen top, they’re loyal, right Daesung?” Daesung nods.

“Teen top and 2NE1 both. They didn’t even think of ratting us out to the authorities when they met us!” Daesung says around a mouthful of kimchi.

“Good. I want them to go out, and find others who agree with us, who want Jungwa out.” Appa says.

“That shouldn’t be too hard.” Seungri comments.

“We need people who actually have the guts and the means to do something, to actually help us. We need people for an army!” Appa responds, banging his fist on the wall, cracking the plaster.

“An army?! You want Teen Top to go around asking people to join an underground army? Teen Top would be idiots to agree to that!” Jiyoung protests. “People will report them! 2NE1 too! People will do anything to get more food next Food Drop!”

“True, but there are more people out there besides us.” CL says as her, the rest of 2NE1, and Teen Top come in. “There are more little gangs out there, who oppose Jongwa. We just need to find them.”

“We’ll do it!” Minzy shouts, causing CL, Bom, and Neil, who were standing closest to her, to flinch away. The leader of Teen Top, I forget his name, agrees as well. Seungri, being the boy that he is, shouts out for a celebration, and everyone else agrees. Everyone stands, and moves to the kitchen/living room/study to celebrate. I sigh, and help Umma with the dishes. I’d never get to sleep at this rate!

So as I pick up the dishes Dara gasps… “Sora your…. Your hand…..” I look down and I see that my hand is…. It is silver…. made of silver…. I immediately run to TOP oppa who is talking to Bom

“Oppa my hand!” I say holding it out.

TOP oppa looks at me in shock and before he can say anything YG appa appears “TOP did you ever show Sora your power of transformation?” he asks staring at my hand.

“Yeah… at Teen tops place…. I turned to diamod to cheer her up…”

“Sora can you make your hand diamond?” asks appa .

I shut my eyes and soon my hand glistens like drops of water sliding down crystal. Diamond. Freaking Diamond….. “How am I doing this” I say in wonder as everyone fathers around me.

Appa turns to umma “Do you think that, maybe she can…..???”

“Yes, Hyun Suk, maybe it is possible…. You have been trying to do it for many years but….” Says Umma in realization.

“What are you talking about?!?!?!” asks Jiyoung, Daesung, and Seungri at the same time. Nobody has any idea what is going on, and my hand slowly changes back to normal....

“Daesung, use your water and let Sora touch it” appa commands. Daesung is extremely confused but he takes the opportunity  sprays water at me until I’m soaked.

“Aiiissssh” I sigh.

“Sora… think about the water… what do you want it to do…” says umma. I imagine revenge on Desung, and slowly the water leaves me and forms a huge levitating orb above Daesung’s head and as soon as I am dry, the orb explodes raining on Daesung’s awestruck face.

“Sora, you have the ability to learn others powers” says Umma happily.

“I have been trying to get the boys to learn powers from each other, but they couldn’t, but soon you will be able to do everything that they can do… no wonder you are the most powerful….” says appa as everyone (including teen top, and 2ne1) all look at me.

“Sora, with you, and our plan…. There is no way that Jungwa will win the impending war.” Says Taeyang

“Um… there might be a problem with that” I say “You all might want to sit down” I say sadly, knowing that I have to explain the true powers of the forces that we are up against.