The other side

Breaking Through

Minho POV

I groan groggily as I open my eyes. I feel a sort of tingling sensation, and as I look down I see I am hooked on to several large medical machines. I try to remember what happened and then I see my father’s face peering back at me calmly, oh .. the battle… Bom… that stupid guy with the blue hair……

“So,  Minho…..” he says tapping his fingers on the edge of my bed. “What do you have to say for yourself? I took care of them, you won’t have to worry about the prophecy.. I am successful… blah blah blah” he says imitating me.

“father, I am so sorry” I stutter.

“No, I should be used to it by now, a boy like you could never truly do anything great.” He says looking me straight in the eyes.

This calmness in his voice… it is worse than yelling…. Why can’t he yell at me…. Why does it have to be this way instead... before I can even answer him he speaks again.

“I should’ve known, you killed your own birth mother when you were born… how can I possibility expect a bastard of a son like you to do anything right…. Damn it Minho!” he snarls as he leaves the room.

He has never mentioned my mother..not since that day.. so long ago...

Flashback 18 years earlier

No one POV
A young Minho is playing with his toys in the training room. His toys are weapons, not fake ones, but guns with the ability to kill. He shoots over and over at the rows of test dummies.

The a teenage boy walks in, the son of one of the lead scientist.
"Hey prince Minho, not so perfect as you thought, huh?" he taunts.
"What are you talking about?"asks Minho suspiciously.
"The great Queen Hana isn't your Mother. You are nothing but a mutt!" he sneers.
"Whatever." says Minho
"I heard it from my own father, your Father's best friend!"


Minho leaves the room and runs to his father's quarters.

Jungwa and his Queen are resting and when Minho asks for the truth, their faces harden. "What happened to your own mother? Well, that was your own fault. You killed her when you were born." answers the young boys father harshly.
Minho is in shock... "Father, I promise, I will make you proud! I will show you that I will never make a mistake like that again!"
"We will see..." Jungwa says as he leave the room coolly.


Minho turns to Queen Hana "Mother I-"

He is cut off by her angry voice. "It's seems like you don't appreciate me do you? asking such things.... You are not my son,and you never have been!" she also leaves.

*****One Hour Later*****

No One POV

Minho meets with the rest of the members of SHINee as they assess the situation. They have all been fixed and brought back to normal.

 “Taemin is gone, they are probably trying to get information out of him” says a healed Onew.

“We need to find Bom, now” says Minho.

“I put a tracking chip in her arm” Jonghyun adds.

“then what are we waiting for?” asks Key.

“ALL OF YOU ARE SO STUPID! DON’T YOU THINK THAT I WOULD’VE ALREADY CHECKED THAT? THAT CHIPWAS DESTROYED HALF AN HOUR AGO!!!! OR DO YOU THINK THAT I CAN’T DO ANYTHING RIGHT EITHER?!!!!??” screeches Minho.

He slams the door and stalks off.  The remaining three look at him in pity, for they and only they truly understood why he felt this way, for they were going through the same thing.

NO ONE POV
There are eighteen people sitting in the crowed living room of Teen Top’s place. YG stands up and looks around.

“You have no idea how proud I am today, you have accomplished something far greater than anything that I have ever seen, you have successfully won the first battle- against all odds. You have gathered many more fighters for our cause. And by saving Bom, you have all shown Jungwa that we are no joke. I have waited 20 years for this day, children, and I will cherish it for the rest of my life.” he says thoughtfully.

As he speaks, his eyes meet each of the members of Teen Top’s faces. His eyes then stop for a moment on Cap, who sits next to a relieved Bom. She is in between her brother and a happy Top. Then he sees Minzy and Seungri siting together, next to Dara, Taeyang , CL, Daesung and Sora. On YG’s right sits Jiyoung, to his left is his wife Eun Ae.

He speaks again “But remember, this was just a battle, we have yet to win the war.” he concludes as he sits down.

Everyone thanks him for his praises. And then Jiyoung looks at CAP.

“So, how many people have you gathered for us?”

“At least 250.” grins CAP.

There is a clamor of high fives and cheers. Then Daesung stops and furrows his brow.

“250 people, I know that isn’t very many compared to the 10’s of thousands of Dark army soldiers, but..”

He is cut off by an angry maknae.

“We will all train them so well, that everyone of them will be the equivalent of 100 of the Dark army!” Seungri says firmly.

“But 250 people, plus us all, where on earth are we going to stay, not to mention train?” questions CL.

Her statement silences everyone.

After a while, Sora looks up. “I have an idea, I’m not sure if you would like it, but I was just thinking that maybe…” her voice trails off.

“Yes, Sora, continue.” prods Taeyang.

“Well, we need to ask for Taemin’s help...” she says

“What?” “Why?” “Taemin?” “Are you serious?” “He is SHINee!!!”

“Guys, just listen to her” says Jiyoung, surprising the hell out of Sora over his quick agreement.

 

Taemin POV

Chained to the wall.

My hands bound together.

Tape over my mouth.

And a seriously painful large welt across my cheek.

At least I've manageged to work the blindfold off of my face, so it hangs off of my neck loosely. I still can see anything due to the blackness of the room.

I sit there silently in the dark, when the door swings open. I squint upon the sudden light and at a shrill voice.

“Seungri! Did you hit him?!” chides an older pregnant woman.

“Umma, I swear- I didn’t!” answers a young guy in dark clothes. He is interrupted by a guy with electrifying blue hair.

“Sorry, I did that to him Umma.” he says glaring at me. His hand protectively covers the hand of that girl that Minho hyung wanted…. Bom.. yes that is her name.

I shut my eyes to the light and feel a pair of soft cooling hands touch my cheek.. My eyes fly open and I see HER. Instantly I jerk away panicking.

“Calm down!” command the girl from the facility as she removes the pain from my face with her gentle hands. My mind is in shock, hearing her speak directly to me for the first time.

“Nice of you to heal him, Sora!” scoffs a girl from 2NE1. I think her name is CL.

Sora. Sora. Sora. So that is her name now, I guess she really made it. She escaped the facility, and survived. I don’t dare look at her.

“Taemin, do you remember me?” she asks.

I wince. Every single one of her words stabs me with a feeling of remorse. Then a guy with crazy hair that is constantly changing color steps forward and rips the tape off my mouth.

“The lady asked you a question, answer her!”

“Jiyoung, calm down.” says Sora.

I nod my head slowly.

“Taemin, we came here to ask you for something, but first I want to thank you.” says the girl.. I mean Sora.

Thank me? Thank me? What on Earth for? Then suddenly her voice is in my head.

Yes Taemin, Thank you. When I was at the facility, you were the only person that never hurt me, no even once. Never. And whenever you could, you secretly brought me some food when we were little. I will never forget you kindness. You risked you own lie to help me just a little. I never did anything for you.

I am in shock. She remembered all of that? I speak for the first time. “I-I am so sorry, I could have done more. I am so so so sorry.” I manage to croak hanging my head.

Everyone except for one blond guy seems confused- URGH! Why isn’t my brain working….. oh Daesung.. yes that is who he is….

He looks at me then begins to remove my confines, and no one says anything. But before he unbind my hands. I hear his voice in my head.

Ok Taemin. If Sora trust you, then you also have my trust. But if you betray her… I will torture you to death… worse than the things that were done to her at the facility. Understood?

I swallow and nod yes.

No One POV

After Taemin is freed and taken care of. Sora explains the problem of finding a place for their army to stay to Taemin.

She knew that Taemin used to love drawing buildings, because his father was an architect, and hopes that this skill has stayed within him.

Suddenly there is a light that returns in Taemin’s eyes that has been out since he joined SHINee’s combat unit. Within half an hour he has completely sketched out the plans for what looks like an entire underground city.

 

Taemin’s sketch of the city took up the entire floor of the largest room in Teen Top’s hideout, the mess hall.

“We’d need a pretty goddamned big underground cavern to build this, Taemin had said. “I’m not even sure if the surface, - the ceiling, I guess - above the cavern, would hold if we dug a hole in the Earth that big!”

Sora and Taeyang had smiled at each other, nodding. “Taeyang and I will find a way around that.” Sora replied.

“How big a space are we talking?” Taeyang asked, flexing his fingers experimentally. He was still a bit sore from the battle.

Huge. At least ten thousand square feet, and that’s the barest possible minimum! Realistically, we’re talking about fifteen to seventeen thousand square feet!” Taemin exclaimed animatedly, waving his arms around madly as he starts on a revised version of the sketch. “We could possibly minimize the area if we make the city like, uh… what’s the word? If we make it so that there are, like, floors? If we make it so there are…” Taemin did some quick calculations in his head. “If we make it so there are five levels of the city, we could conceivably condense the whole thing into about three thousand square feet, maybe four thousand, to be safe.”

“Do we really need that big a space for only two hundred sixty eight people?” Seungri asked skeptically, eyebrows raised at the sight of Taemin hunched over like a madmen, scribbling.

“Four hundred.” Taemin corrected. “I designed it so that there’s extra living space if more people decide to join, and hypothetically, some of the storage space could be converted into living quarters if need be.”

“Ok, do we really need that much space for four hundred people?” Seungri asked again.

Sora smiled again. “I asked Taemin to design a HQ, not just a gigantic apartment. Tell him, Taemin.”

Taemin abandoned his second drawing, grabbed a red, green, blue, and pink marker, and crawled over to the northwestern part of his drawing. He popped off the cap on the red marker, and outlined a medium sized rectangle. “This is going to be the living space. If we do decide to do floors, we’ll probably have the living space grouped together with,” Taemin takes the cap off of the blue marker, and outlines a small rectangle that’s directly south of the red rectangle. “This, which is storage.” Taemin moves over just a bit so he’s at the western side of the sketch. He takes the green marker, and outlines a kind of squiggly shape that starts at where the right edge of the blue rectangle ends, goes in an arc towards the western side of the paper, and ends at the corner of the paper. “This will be for training. It’s got gun ranges, bows and arrows, a training pool, two mess halls, three gyms, computer rooms for teaching hacking and the like, Emergency Medical Technical Support classes, swords, javelins, knife throwing, hand-to-hand combat training, a heck of a lot of other stuff, and a place for you guys to practice your powers. If we do floors, this will be the largest and bottom most.” Taemin grabs the pink marker, and draws an outline for the rest of the sketch. “This is the command center. Meeting rooms, high tech computers, spy software, weapon storage, infirmary, the works. If we do floors, this will either be the second bottom most, or the top.”

“Still seems like a lot of space…” Seungri trails off. “I mean, even ten thousand square feet seems like overkill….”

“That’s because it is!” Top pipes up. “We shouldn’t be wasting so much time building this! It’s way too much! We’d never use all of it! How the hell would normal people even get around?!!”

“You forget, since Jongwa’s been in power, they’ve found ways of getting around things like this.” Taemin says cryptically with a knowing smile.

“Yeah, yeah, get to the point!” Top snapped.

“The point,” Taemin replies, “Is that all we need to do is build a small model, maybe something that could fit in the palm of your hand. We need to make it using a special type of 3D printer. The material that the printer will make the model out of will expand when exposed to water. All we need to do is plant it in the ground, water it, and it will grow as large as we program it to!”

“And the ten thousand square feet is just the minimum we need for this specific plan.” Sora points out. “Taemin knows he went a little over board. He’s designing a much smaller, more condensed version right now, that’ll be at maximum ten thousand square feet. Same proportions for the sections, too.”

“Good! When can we start?” Appa asks, clapping as he comes in from the sidelines.

“As soon as we get a class 50.46558 3D printer with double accented threads.” Taemin says in dead seriousness. Sora giggles, and Seungri, Daesung, and Taeyang can’t control their laughter. Taemin looks at them. “What’s so funny?” That just makes them laugh even more.

********************************************

Hi guys! Please comment, it really make our day, tell us what you like and don't. And if you think that this story is ok, please tell your friends.

Thank you!

cleardot.gif