The Flight

Breaking Through

Sora’s POV

As I fall after jumping out of the window, I relish the feeling of free fall, of the wind through my hair, and that adrenaline rush. I let my wings out of my back, and shroud them.  I downwards just as I’m about to hit the ground, and fly upwards. Oh, it’s been ages, maybe years, since I last flew!

I feel that happy lightness in my chest, and I resist the urge to scream out loud, to laugh like a mad man, to let the world know, I’m Sora, and I am free.

“Hey, Sora! Come down, before you freeze!” Daesung shouts to me. I look down, and realize just how far up I’ve flown. I wonder what would happen if free fell from up here. Just as I’m about to fold in my wings and fall, Daesung shouts again, “Don’t you even think about it! Fly down here, safely! Don’t you dare fall!” I roll my eyes, and do as he says. His eyes widen when he looks at me. I immediately feel self-conscious.

“What?” I ask Daesung, “What you staring at me for?”

In answer, he turns, and calls to the other boys, who are having a race, I think. Taeyang is the ref.

“Hey, guys! Come look!” Daesung calls over the wind. I don’t think they hear though. Daesung stares hard at Youngbae for a moment. Taeyang turns around, does a thumbs up to show he got the message, and calls to the others. They all fly over to me and Daesung.

“What is it? Something wrong?” Jiyoung asks, before he looks at me. “Holy sh*t! What the hell happened to your wings?!” OH! Oh, ok! Phew. I un shroud my wings, then shroud them again.

“I can hide my wings when I fly. It’s very helpful.  It’s hard to disguise constantly-changing-color wings, even at night.” I explain.

“You shouldn’t hide your wings! They’re too pretty to be hidden!” Seungri protests. I blush and look away.

“Do you know what else you can do?” Youngbae asks. I shake my head.

“I’ve barely had the chance to fly. And that was only when they let me.” I shout over a gust of wind.

**************************  11 A.M. the next day**********************

TOP POV

So we got home pretty late last night, we had a lot of fun and Sora seems to be more comfortable around all of us.

 

Appa told us all to meet him in the training grounds outside, and we all head there. "What do ya think we're doing today?" asks Taeyang

"I don't know, maybe something with our powers" I say back sleepily.

Within 10 minute we are all there, and appa clears his throat. "um.... so Sora, since you don't really know your powers, I'm going to have the boys demonstrate theirs', and we'll see how you do from there ok? Jiyoung you first"he says.

 

 Jiyoung looks at him nods briefly and suddenly spirals into the air. With one hand he shoots a massive tower of fire at maknae, who flinches, but before the flames can reach him Jiyoung uses his telekinesis to lift maknae off of the ground and out of the way of the flames.

“Hyungggg!!!!!!!!!!!! Why ammmmmm  IIIIIIIII alwaysssss your targetttttttttttt” he whines while Jiyoung flips him around and around in circles by twirling his pinky.

 

I laugh and decide to help out Seungri. Using my magnetic powers I send a wave out to maknae, tugging on his belt buckle - to pull him in my direction. Jiyoung and I play tug of war for a while constantly laughing at each other, until maknae suddenly vanishes- he’s probably teleported himself somewhere far away- he’ll surely return soon though.

But I am quickly distracted when the Earth under my feet begins to tremble, Youngbae gives me a sheepish grin as thick tendrils of vines wrap themselves around my feet, securing me to the ground.

I glare at him and yell “This is war little bro!!!” Turning my body into liquid plasma I burn through the ropes and chase after Taeyang.

 

No one POV

Meanwhile Daesung and Jiyoung are locked in mortal combat.  Jiyoung shoots fiery towers from each hand and Lighting bolts and thunder leave his mischievous eyes. Daesung quickly retaliates by quenching the fire, he is surrounded by s swirling mix of rain, snow, and hail, looking like a hurricane he repetitively pelts Jiyoung using his water powers.

 

taeyang and TOP are in a battle of wits as they continue to try and outsmart each other in various ways. Taeyang collapses the ground around TOP and he quickly puts up his force field and sends 2 tons of scrap metal that he gather with he magnetism toward his brother.. Taeyang’s eyes widen as he then turns himself into and enormous elephant to deflect the blow.

 

Suddenly all four of the boys can’t breathe…. No longer hiding, Seungri drops down from the sky and pulls out all of the air surrounding the others.

Sora's POV
The other boys are gasping for breath, except Seungri. He makes eye contact with me, and shock is plain on his face.
"How can you breath? You should be dying of asphyxiation!" He calls, lowering his arms. The others stop gasping for air.
"What do you mean? I could breathe just fine!" I say. Seungri raises his arms again, and I hear a swoosh.
"Take a deep breath." Seungri orders. I do as he says, looking at him quizzically. "Wow! You can still breathe!"
"Yeah, no duh, what did you think was going to happen?"
"I removed the air from the area around you. You should've been suffocating!" Seungri exclaims.
Just as I'm about to continue, Appa interrupts us.
"That was great guys! We found out another of Sora's powers! Now, who wants lunch?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~