Coffee with two spoons of sugar

Evanescent

 

 

"What are all these tears for?
We were all probably too pure...
Why did we long for each other so much?
But let's end it right here and now...

My heart won't stop raining
And you're swaying and fading
But my voice will sing for you forever...
...until the day I die"

Luna Sea- Until the day I die

 

 

***

Next day Changmin woke up with aching feeling all over his body. Yesterday’s events were making his head hurt today. He looked at the other side of the bed and saw Ryeowook still sleeping.

“Good morning to you.” He mumbled didn’t expecting the reply, but Ryeowook buried himself into the blanket while mumbling morning greeting back. Changmin wondered if he imagined the pink on the latter’s cheek as he shifted in the bed. Shrugging it off, he stood up and went to the kitchen. As he passed the living room, he saw that Kyuhyun was still asleep as well. Looks like son and father have some similarities, he thought as he went to the bathroom, then started to prepare the breakfast.

When Kyuhyun woke up, Changmin was still in the kitchen. The small boy went to him, while rubbing his still sleepy eyes. The sight of cute Kyuhyun made Changmin’s heart melt. He knew he loved the smaller boy like his own. He felt deeply attached to him, just like he was still to the boy’s father. Kyuhyun looked like his father, but like Choa too. Yet it wasn’t the similarities of the boy to his parents that made Changmin wonder if he really is the Kim’s child. But the small almost not visible similar thing to Min. Kyuhyun acted like Changmin acted in his childhood days. Although that,  the adult quickly pushed these thoughts aside. Choa never betrayed Ryeowook, nor Min slept with Choa. Kyuhyun can’t be his kid in any possible way, yet he felt something wasn’t right with it.

He was deep in his thought that only the pulling of his pants made him snap from them. He looked down at Kyuhyun.

“I was saying good morning to uncle. Why didn’t uncle said it back?” Big eyes met the mismatched ones.

“Sorry sorry. I remembered something.” Changmin said then bended a little. “Good morning to you Kyu. Now go wash yourself then came back to eat breakfast.” As he said it Kyuhyun cutely nodded his head then headed to the bathroom.

Changmin was humming something, forgot that not only Kyu is here. When he heard a faint cough, he turned around and instantly remembered that Ryeowook was there too. “Good Morning. Do you want coffee?” He asked casually. He glanced at Ryeowook and noticed that the other didn’t look too groggy. This made Min think the other took the painkillers he left him in bedroom.

“Yes.” Ryeowook said looked at bathroom direction. As if he rather be there than spending time with Changmin. The atmosphere was awkward.

“Go wash up when Kyuhyun go out. Then come to eat.” Changmin said sternly, didn’t looking at the other. If he did, he would seen that Ryeowook looked down, while biting his lips.

As soon as the bathroom’s door opened Ryeowook left the kitchen, switching places with Kyuhyun. Changmin put the other boy’s food next to him, when Kyuhyun sat down at the table. Then he put his and Ryeowook food on their plates and hot tea for Kyuhyun and coffee for both of them. 

Minutes passed when Ryeowook finally came back from bathroom. He didn’t look like he have hangover anymore, rather he looked tired and sleepy. He sat silently next to Changmin, while Kyu occupied the side before them. He took the coffee and sipped a little of it. His eyes widen slightly. He tried to glance discreetly at Min but the other noticed.

“Two spoons I remember.”Min mumbled as he too, took a sip of his coffee.

“Does uncle and dad know each other?” Kyu asked cutely, looking at both of them. When he saw glare from his father, he quickly only looked at Min.

“Yes, we were childhood friends.” Min said, feeling bittersweet that he can’t said they were best friends. He smiled at Kyu, missing the frozen expression of Ryeowook. He missed it too, how Ryeowook gripped the mug, or how he tried to hold something back.

 

After breakfast Kyuhyun wanted to help Min to wash the dishes, but his father pulled him away from Changmin. Both of them left the kitchen. Min wanted to yell at his friend because the other gripped Kyu’s small arm too tightly, painfully a little, yet he didn’t. He felt that they needed some private time alone so he went to wash the dishes. He wondered when he will have time to talk to the other adult. He needed to finally talk to him, to sort everything with the other. Ryeowook have a lot of secrets and ruined himself after so many years of not seeing Changmin. He changed and Min needed to know why, even if he maybe don’t have right anymore.

He was engrossed in his thoughts when he heard yells from the living room, that made him snap. He quickly ran to where the source was, while wiping his wet hands over his shirt. He immediately glared at Ryeowook who was yelling at Kyuhyun.

“You will not stay here! You place is in our apartment! I’m your father and you will listen to my orders brat!” Ryeowook yelled while trying to pull his son.

“He will not go!” Changmin yelled, making Ryeowook gasp and face his ex best friend angrily.

“You, stay away from us!” Ryeowook yelled back. A small whimper escaped from Kyu’s lips, when his father gripped his arm even more. Changmin felt like blood boiled in his veins. He ran to Ryeowook and pushed him away from Kyuhyun. The other man stumbled then shouted.

“ of Shim! Don’t go into other’s people life. I told you to off already! Why you still go after me?!” Ryeowook ran to Changmin, trying to punch the other in the face, but Min was quicker and held the other’s fist in his palm. Changmin felt that it will go even nastier that now. He turned to Kyuhyun who looked scared.

“Go out on the playground ok? I will pick you up soon.” He said and to easy Kyu, he smiled lightly at him. After that he held the other fist that Ryeowook wanted to use to punch him. “Just go ok? We will go buy ice-cream.” Kyuhyun nodded his head, as tears gathered in his eyes. He quickly ran away to the hall, wore his shoes then went out, leaving Ryeowook and Changmin alone. The taller man turned to Ryeowook, who looked murderous at him.

“Now that we are alone, we can finally talk.” He turned them, then threw Ryeowook onto the nearest wall. He pinned both of Ryeowook’s hands with his one hand. He pushed his body to Ryeowook. And rested his other hand on Ryeowook’s waist. This way he waited as the shorted man finally stop all his struggling and calmed down. He needed Ryeowook in somehow normal condition to talk to him. He felt deadly glare on his face from Ryeowook. He felt hot breath of the other’s on his neck. He looked at the wall before him, while adding more strength when Ryeowook would try to break free.

Minutes passed as breaths on his neck from raspy turned to even one. He could now focus more of Ryeowook’s body heat, as the other stopped struggling. “You calmed down?” Changmin asked looking down. His eyes landed at Ryeowook’s head, but the other didn’t moved or said anything. Min almost gave up, but Ryeowook finally moved. The shorted man’s head snapped up, facing Min. His chocolate brown eyes looked into the other ones. They stood up for a while looking deeply at the other’s eyes. They faces just an inch away, breaths mingled together. Min lost himself for a minute, he forget where he was, what they were doing. His eyes left Ryoeowook’s eyes for a second and looked at the other’s lips. He dreamt of them, to kiss them, to feel them. He moved even closer, as if trying to kiss the other, too dazed with his love for the other that he didn’t saw Ryeowook’s widen eyes. “No!” Ryeowook shouted moving even further into the wall, so Changmin will not kiss him. His cheeks were pink, eyes looked scared, lips started to tremble. Changmin snapped from his daze and backed from the other. “I…I’m sorry Ryeowook…I..” He tried to say something. I was his first time he lost his compose. He always hid his love for the other well. He looked at Ryeowook whose whole body started to tremble. “Ryeo…” Changmin tried to say something but Ryeowook started crying and shouted to him:  “I will tell you everything! I will ing tell you everything so stop all this! So stop going after me.” He sobbed, then slid onto the floor. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Long time no see? Hello my dears. How are you?

Sorry for delay, and happy birthday Shim Changmin <3