Heart on sand

Evanescent
 

 

"...Evanescent
Because all is left are beautiful memories
Aah, even if the seasons turn
I can't go back to that dream of you
For pain echoes whenever I remember it..."

Vamps- Evanescent
 

 

***

 

Two days passed when Ryowook and his son moved in to Changmin’s apartment. Just like Ryeowook said it was only temporary, so the shorter man only brought a few clothes and other things. He and Kyuhyun stayed in Min’s bedroom, while taller man slept on the living room’s sofa. Changmin was extremely happy to have Kyuhyun and his father next to him. This way not only he got closer to Kyuhyun, but the wall between him and Ryeowook was slowly crushing. Min could see, like father and son bond was going stronger day by day. After Changmin’s talk and more talking with Ryeowook about his parenthood, Ryeowook stopped being snippy towards Kyu. He could play with his son and do homework with him if he had time.

“Goodnight uncle.” Kyuhyun cheered, when he and Ryeowook went out from the bathroom and was walking to the bedroom hand in hand. It was a nighttime, as Changmin was still up reading his paperwork.

“Goodnight.” Min smiled at the kid then nodded at Ryeowook two nodded as a goodnight to him. Both son and father wore a similar pajamas but different colors. Ryeowook was wearing a blue, while Kyuhyun green one. Min didn’t know that despite their tense relationship they could own something only a cute family own.

When both Kims went to the bedroom, Changmin stay up an hour longer. His work was getting hectic but this didn’t change his routine. He would always come back home at the late evening. He felt alive and happy knowing  that Ryeowook and Kyu are in his apartment.

After his paperwork, Changmin moved to switch the light off. He glanced at the hall and saw Kyuhyun’s small backpack. Tomorrow Kyu will go on two days one night trip with his class, yet if not because of Changmin’s quick reaction, Kyu would stay in home. Ryeowook didn’t have money, or more like didn’t care about Kyuhyun’s school back in days. Because of that he didn’t pay for Kyu’s trip, but after they moved in to Min’s, Kyuhyun told the taller man about it, making Changmin immediately drive to school and paid for Kyuhyun. Ryeowook wasn’t fond of Changmin’s action, but after their talk, Ryeowook understood that Kyu needed some memories and nice time with his classmates. He was a kid afterwards.

 

Next morning Changmin drove Kyuhyun to the school. He started to get familiar with the kids’ teachers and parents of Kyu’s friends. He was standing and waiting for kids to get into a small bus before driving to his job. As he saw that Kyuhyun was next to line to get into the vehicle, he thought it was fine to go now, yet suddenly, as soon as he turned around, a small hand touched his hand. Changmin turned around and saw Kyuhyun looking at his with his cute puppy shining eyes.

“What is it?” Changmin run a hand over Kyu’s hair and smiled at the kid.

“Will you pick me up?” Kyuhyun asked cutely, swinging their intertwined hands.

“I told you I will.” Changmin assured but Kyuhyun shock his head.

“I mean with daddy.” Kyu’s words made Min a little taken aback. 

“Why?” He asked. He didn’t know what was in the kid’s head.

“Because I want you to be with my dad tomorrow.” Changmin blushed at the words. He knew Kyu didn’t mean like together in the way of lovers.

“I will see if he will be able to.” Changmin smiled sweetly at the kid.

“I hope so! Daddy should great me with uncle tomorrow.” Kyuhyun said then bid his goodbye and skipped to the bus. Changmin waved at the boy when He saw the other waving at him from the bus. Just know Changmin realized that he will be alone with Ryeowook. There will be no Kyuhyun around. Maybe it will be the best opportunity to talk more with the other adult, to sort everything what is between them.  With this thought in mind, Changmin drove to his job. He will talk with Ryeowook later after his work.

 

It was a late evening when Changmin finally was able to go home. His boss was making him do thing he was sure he could do later. With a heavy sight, Changmin unlocked the front door then sat on the sofa. He knew Ryeowook had a late shift in his work, so he wasn’t surprised over the silent and darkness of his apartment. It was odd feeling, to be alone, after having Ryeowook and Kyuhyun next to him. He didn’t want to think of the possibility of these two moving out soon from his apartment. He was thinking of how to make Kims stay with him but couldn’t think of any ideas. All he knew his feeling for Ryeowook should be never shown or spoken, or else, he will never see those two ever again.

As he was thinking, Changmin closed his eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.

He dreamt of his trip to the beach with Ryeowook. Both of them were in the high school back then:

Changmin looked as Ryeowook was running on the beach and laughed happily. He, himself stood near the water and admire the other’s happy antics. He looked at the sand when Ryeowook looked at him. He glanced at his best friend and sighed from the relieve when Ryeowook run happily further. Changmin crouched and found some small pretty purple stone. The color reminded him about Ryeowook and Changmin started to draw on the sand. He draw a heart then erased it. Then he wrote Ryeowook’s name on the sand with I love you under it and admired his work. He could never say these word to the other man. He felt sad all of sudden. He was drawn into his self pity but quickly woke up when he heard Ryeowook calling him. Changmin quickly stood up, just in time when Ryeowook stepped next to him.

“What you draw?” Ryeowook asked as he tried to see what Changmin had done but Changmin stopped him, hiding the words behind him successfully.

“Nothing” Changmin stuttered scared. Ryeowook try to see it once again, but as he was about to, the ocean water moved and erased the trace of Min’s work. Ryeowook pouted while Changmin sighed from relieve. His secret will not been know.

“What you draw?!” Ryeowook demanded, but Changmin quickly distracted him but showing a purple stone to his best friend. Instead of trying to know what Changmin had done, Ryeowook engrossed himself in admiring the stone. He didn’t noticed how relieved, yet happy his friend looked at him.

 

Changmin woke up from his dream. He opened his eyes and almost yelped from scare as he saw Ryeowook above him. He quickly sat and turned to look at Ryeowook.

“W-What are you doing?” Changmin stutter, his heart still beat fast from the shock.

“Looking if you were sleeping.” Ryeowook replied.

“Oh, ok.” Changmin breathed normal.

“You though I wanted to kill you?” Ryeowook asked. They eyes met and Changmin for a second wonder if it was actually a question.

“No, sorry.” Changmin looked down. The silent in the room was disturbing. Changmin wanted to talk to the other, but didn’t know how to. “I safely send Kyuhyun to school. He looked really happy about the trip.” Changmin said after a minute.

“Good. I hope he will have good memories.” Ryeowook said.

“Just like us?” Changmin suddenly asked. He bashed himself mentally for saying that. He just remember his dream.

“What you mean?” Ryeowook asked back. His eyes narrowed.

“Like in high school for example, just before I left and you stopped contacting me.” Changmin couldn’t help himself. He saw how Ryeowook tensed and how the shorter man’s eyes glazed with hurt.

“Yes like back then.” Ryeowook muttered and turned around. He was about to head to the kitchen but Changmin’s words made him stop.

“Why?! Why you never contacted me? Why you left me? You know I missed you!” Changmin’s voice were shacking and unstable. His pain of being left, of being pushed away by the one he loves pull out.

 

 

 

A/N: I’m posting this chapter because I ended writing this fic!!!!! *throws confetti and dance like a retard in my small room at 4 in the morning.*

Next chapter will be actual ending of it! YEY!