Two plates

Evanescent

 

"Listen, even if the whole world is corrupted by sin
I'll never let go of the hand I hold in mine
that's all you need have faith in..."

L'arc en ciel- My dear

***

 

 

When he closed the door behind himself and Kyuhyun, they took their shoes of. Changmin noticed a small glances Kyuhyun made, while looking around.

“You can look around then come to the kitchen ok?” Min said with a smile, making Kyuhyun wide his eyes and almost ran to the living room and probably other rooms. Changmin chuckle at the boy’s cuteness and made his walk to the kitchen. He told the kid, he will make dinner, but truth be told, he just made an instant noodles and heat up some frozen dinner. After it, he made tea and called Kyuhyun.

“Wow!” The boy looked at the food with sparkling eyes, when he entered the kitchen.

“Clear your hands and go eat.” Min commanded, while washing his own hands in the kitchen’s sink. Kyuhyun went to him and stretched his hands. Min chuckled and applied some soap and both of them washed their hands. Then sat at the kitchen table.

“Eat as much as you want. I can’t cook so there is mostly instant food.” He said, but Kyuhyun was already too absorbed in checking the food. A second later, Min eyes widen, as Kyuhyun started to pick up the food, eating one by one, with the speed of the light almost. Fearing that no food will be left, Changmin started eating too. Soon two bowls of instant noodles, one big plate of bimpab, whole two bowls of rice and kimchi and some other food were eaten in a record time. Min felt he find himself. The kid’s appetite was the one of the starving animal. Just like him, Kyuhyun was eating everything, like a vacuum a dust. They had something in common.

After their huge diner, both of them laid on their chairs with a satisfied hum. Changmin looked at the smaller boy:

“So now that we ate, tell me how come you didn’t ate anything?” He asked, making Kyuhyun looks at him sadly for a second. Then the boy looked down.

“My dad didn’t boy a food again.” Kyuhyun  almost whispered the reply, making Min look at him surprised.

“Your dad? What about your mom? You always talk about her, she don’t…”

“I only have dad. My mom is in heaven. ” The child said. Voice cracked. Min’s breathed an ‘oh’. His eyes saddened. The boy craved to have a mother. Min felt pity towards Kyuhyun. Kids shouldn’t be raised without mothers. He need someone who will raise him properly. The kid’s father wasn’t a good father. Who make the boy starve. He need to have a father, but looks like he don’t. The kid’s father is the only one, who is left in Kyuhyun’s life. He should cherish the boy. Who was that cruel to forget about his own child?

“I-I see. I’m sorry to hear it.” Changmin said softly.

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun mumbled back. Glancing at the boy, Min saw tears in the corners of the kid’s eyes. Scared, that he brought something he shouldn’t. He quickly stood up, making Kyuhyun lookd at him surprised.

“I have video games in the living room, you want to play? After it I will took you home.” Min asked, then clapped his hands happily, when Kyuhyun jumped while nodding his head furiously. All trace of the earlier gloominess, disappeared.

They went to the living room and played video games together. They shouts, laughing, and told cheeky words, when some of them won, brightened the room. Brighten their heart.

After an hour, both of them left Min’s apartment and headed to Kyuhyun’s one. It was early evening. The clouds moved lazy. Sun shone not so brightly anymore, due to sundown.

“So, here we are. I hope you had a good day and full stomach.” Changmin ruffled the kid’s hair.

“Yeah Changmin uncle.” Kyuhyun nodded happily and pushed Min’s hand away, annoyed of being treated like a kid.

“Kyuhyun where have you been?!!” Someone shouted near them. Both of them turned around and saw furious man almost running to them. Changmin’s breath stopped, when he realized it was Ryeowook. The mechanist, still in his uniform, went to them and glared at Kyuhyun. Changmin realized Kyuhyun was the man’s son.

“I’m so sorry appa.” Kyuhyun mumbled his apology, looking down, but Ryeowook looked like he didn’t care.

“You think it’s ok to go out as you please? I told you to stay in, to not go out! Why you don’t listen to me once? ” Ryeowook shouted at Kyuhyun. Changmin just looked at the scene shocked. He never seen Ryeowook like that, as if his best friend was a new person. He looked at Kyuhyun’s now crying form and pitied the kid. It was Ryeowook who hurt his own kid. A sweet boy from the past, he still loves are hurting his own flesh, his own son. He coughed, making Ryeowook finally looked at him. The mechanic gasped, realizing it was Changmin.

“I…ummm…” Ryeowook tried to say something, but failed. Min could see fear and shock of being caught in embarrassed moment.

“Why you shout at your kid?” Changmin asked, starting to get furious. Kyuhyun was starving, was crying, was sad and it’s all because of Ryeowook.

“I…it’s not your business!” Ryeowook growled angrily. Min scoffed at the man’s word.

“It wouldn’t be if the kid was happy and not hungry. He was stealing because there were no food for him in home. And this is not the first time, were there was no food for him.”

“W-what?” Ryeowook widen his eyes.

“How you treat your son? He is someone you should love and feed not starve and yell at. How can you rise him like that?” Min almost shouted at Ryeowook. He didn’t care that he was doing this to the man he was in love, at man who rejected him. Kyuhyun was more important now. He was still a kid who need someone who will protect him.

“Wh-…you don’t have rights to tell me what I should act!” Ryeowook shouted back. Kyuhyun just looked from one man to the other.

“Yeah I don’t because I’m no one to you anymore, but Kyuhyun went to me, and I helped him. I feed him, talk with him, like a father he don’t have. I couldn’t believe how you treat your own son Wookie! You should do all these things, if not, I will.” Changmin shouted, making Ryeowook and Kyuhyun widen their eyes. After these words Changmin looked at Kyuhyun and smiled. His head titled to the side and his eyes went mismatched. “I hope to see you soon kid and happy next time.” He ruffled Kyu’s hair and turned around, didn’t even looking at Ryewoook. His best friend changed a lot. He turned to be someone who hurt people, who hurt his own family. He was furious. Then Changmin realized. Kyuhyun didn’t had a mother. What happen to Choa? It’s why Ryeowook act like that?

From that day Changmin started to wonder and try to knew more about Kim’s family. Something wasn’t right with Ryeowook’s behavior. Something bad changed his best friend completely.