Stellar candy mister

Evanescent

 

"You're hanging your head and trembling

I want to hold you in my arms
Because more than anyone else in this world
I realized I wanted to protect you"

Gackt- Saikai~~story~~

 

***

 

 

Changmin woke up on very late evening. He would thought it was midnight, by the dark of his room, but the clock told him otherwise. He groaned and surpassed the tears that wanted to roll again. His eyes were puffy and red. His limbs hurt like hell. He felt suffocated.  Breath shallow, uneven. As if every time he take a breath, his lungs scream in pain. Pain of agony, of vunrequited, rejected love.

He grimaced, as he stood up. He didn’t felt like eating, nor taking a shower. He felt nothing, but the pain. He would rather laid in the bed and rot to death. It was worse that the time Ryoewook was getting married. He knew it will never be, but he could still be with his best friend- now he can’t.

He pushed himself and went out for a fresh air. As if you can call a city air fresh. He had to calm down, or else he will go to work with red eyes. And barely will be able to see because of his swollen eyes.

His lazy legs pushed him to the playground. He climbed on the monkey bars. He avoided the swings with a purpose. He sat on the bar and sighed miserably. He don’t know what he should do. He know where Ryeowook is working, yet he can’t approach him. He longed for Ryeowook for so long, yet all he get was a push away.

“Candy mister?” A voice of a child, woke Changmin from his dark thoughts. He looked around and saw the boy he met here a couple of days ago.

“Candy mister?” Changmin titled his head confused.

“Yes, because mister gave me a stellar candy.” The boy said with a small smile, that didn’t reach his eyes. The boy went closer and saw Changmin’s after crying face. “Why mister cried?” The boy said and climbed on the monkey bar too and sat next to Changmin.

Changmin didn’t know if he should tell the kid the adult issues. The boy looked sad himself.

“Adult issues. I met someone who mean a world to me and that person pushed me away.” Changmin said looking at the sky. The stars were visible, even moon, who was cut in half, shone at them.

“Ooo…” The boy whistled and nodded his head, as he understand. He then turned around and took something from his pants pocket. “Here.” The boy’s hand stretched towards Changmin. The man looked at the small hand and saw a candy, wrapped in golden wrapper. He looked at the kid confused. “My mom said that if someone is in pain, I should give them something sweet. Mister, you are sad, so candy for you.” Changmin smiled at the boy and took the candy, then unwrapped it. He took it into his mouth and ruffled the kids hair. He could taste a milky flavor- his favorite candy from his childhood. Simple candy, small gesture and words, made his feel a little better.

“Thank you, your mom is really wise. And you are a good kid.”

“Thank you mister.” The kid grinned. Now his eyes lit at the mention of his mother. “When I was sad you gave me a candy too so now we are friends.” Changmin’s brow raised.

“Friends?”

“Yes! Friends from the stellar candies.” The boy smiled, and Changmin couldn’t suppress his laugh. His eyes mismatched, heart felt a little lighter.

“Let’s be, but friends know each other names. I’m Shim Changmin.” Changmin stretched his hand for a handshake. He felt a lot more better, as if the boy could stop his dark thoughts to fly in his head.

“Kim Kyuhyun, Changmin uncle!” the boy shaken Changmin’s hand with a huge smile. Changmin didn’t know what he was doing. Didn’t know if it was good or bad to interact with a kid. Some people could take it bad. But he saw himself in Kyuhyun somehow. His eyes almost never happy, expression stern unmoved. Just like Changmin was, without Ryeowook by his side.

“Good name for a good boy.” Changmin said. He looked at their surrounding and saw it was get darker. “You better go home, or your family will be sad.” At these words, Kyuhyun’s face gloomed.

“No one will notice if I go.” Kyuhyun mumbled. Changmin felt bad all of sudden. He was talking about his mom so nice, yet after mentioning of his family, he turn gloomy. Maybe his mother don’t live with him?

“If you want I can walk you home. It’s always better than going alone.” Changmin proposed and Kyuhyun agreed instantly. The walk out from the monkey bars and go down the street.

“Candy uncle know, I’m in the kindergarten now!” Small boy said proudly, as the walk side by side. He talks and talks as if he never said a word to anyone but Changmin. He talks about the kindergarten, about the things he learned there, friends he had. He talks about the food he always ate there and the subject, making the both of them closer. Apparently, Kyuhyun and Changmin loves the food very much.

“It’s here!” Kyuhyun pointed his small finger at the old apartment complex.

“I see, go and sleep well.” Changmin said with a small smile. Kyuhyun stood there for a minute then skipped and hugged Changmin.

“I will. I hope we will meet again uncle!” He smiled toothy and Changmin couldn’t resist the urge to pat his fluffy hair.

“I hope so too.” Changmin looked as the boy ran into the building and soon the light on the 4th floor lit. This made Min confused a little. Does the kid’s parents are not there yet?

 

He went to his apartment while thinking about it. His head light, so his heart. As if the kid could bright his gloomy day.

He suddenly felt sad that he was gay and loves Ryeowoook. If not maybe he could find a wife and get his own child. Child like Kyuhyun. A good kid.

He took a shower and went to sleep. He wasn’t hungry, which was odd, but who would when his heart was shattered into million pieces?

 

 

 

Week went pretty quickly for Changmin relieve. His busy schedule made him temporary forgot about Ryeowook. Yet, sadly, he would always remember him when he pass the mechanic shop with his car. He still didn’t approach Ryeowook, after their faithful meeting.

Today was his day off. Lazy Saturday was something a normal people would dream of, but not him. He wanted a distraction. Something that would stop him thinking about Ryeowook and cry over his miserable self.

To do so, he went to the market. He bought some food and drinks. Even if he didn’t have an appetite, he had to stuff himself. He had to live. With what purpose, he don’t know, but something was telling him to live. Pushing him from the bed every day.

He was walking on the street and was about to pass the small shop, but stopped when he heard yelling.

“You shoplifter! So young and already rot to the bones!” A cashier yelled to the small kid. His hand was pushing and pulling the small boy. And Changmin’s eyes widen when he saw it was Kyuhyun. Without thinking, he get inside.

“I’m sorry, please let me go mister!” Kyuhyun cried, trying to struggle free, but the adult didn’t budge.

“I will call for police. You should be punished…”

“Excuse me.” Changmin said making both of them look at him.

“Yes?” The cashier said, while the kid just widen his eyes shocked.

“Could you please stop hurting the kid?” Changmin said politely.

“What? Who are you? He is a shoplifter! What are you talking about! He should go to jail.” The man shouted.

“A passerby. I will pay for damage, if you will step from all changes.” Changmin said and the man grinned wickedly, letting go of the boy immediately. He turned around and went to the cashier. Changmin turned to Kyuhyun and whispered for his to wait outside. The boy done what he was told.

Changmin then, went a took a nice sum of money and put them on the table. “It’s enough?” He asked and the man nodded furious all happy. “I hope it will feed your greedy mind.” Changmin spite and go out.

As soon as the shop’s door closed behind him, his and Kyuhyun’s eyes met. With a sigh, he went to the kid.

“Why you done it?” Changmin asked, but the kid just shifted. “If you don’t tell me I will be sad and had to call your parents.” He added and Kyuhyun looked at him.

“Please Changmin uncle, don’t call.” Kyuhyun begged with tears in his eyes.

“Then tell me.” Kyuhyun looked down and played with the hem of his shirt, that Min noticed was dirty with stains, some buttons almost fell off.

“Because…” Kyuhyun’s cheeks redden. “I-I-I was h-hungry.” He mumbled, making Min wide his eyes.

“You don’t have food in your home?” Min asked, kneeling to see Kyuhyun sad face.

“No.” The boy answered honesty and Changmin felt the pity. It’s horrible that he kid don’t have food to eat in the home and maybe didn’t have the proper home place. What his parents were doing?

“Then go with me. I will make a diner.” Changmin smiled and ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair.

“Really?” Kyuhyun’s eyes brighten.

“Yeah” Min said and stood up and both of them went to him apartment.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I’m deeply sorry for delay ;A; I get small writer block, then get busy with life and just when I wanted to post it I get sick and barely moved a finger. I’m sorry for it, but I hope this chapter somehow satisfied you? Idk if I should post it, because this chapter is mostly changkyu and this fic will be a little/lot like changkyu but mostly changwook xD it’s just kyu is a big toll in this fic and I love cute kids. And I hope Min don’t look like pedo :P 

Once more I'm sorry for delay U.U