Ice-cream and strawberry pudding

Evanescent

 

Your clumsy but kind lies
always kept my spirit up
I wanted to stay with you longer

~ Gackt- P.S. I love you

***

 

 

When they arrived to Changmin’s apartment, Ryeowook was still sleeping. Changmin took Kyuhyun’s toys and put them in the living room. Kyuhyun immediately went to his new toys and started playing. Chuckling, Changmin went to the kitchen and put the food in the fridge. He wore an apron and gather some food supplies in the kitchen counter. He didn’t know how to cook, but lucky some of the food he bought were instant. He put the water to boil, then took the knife, when suddenly he heard footsteps. Turning around he saw Ryeowook in the door frame:

“Put the knife aside, I will cook.” The shorter man said as he stood up next to Changmin. The taller man couldn’t believe at what the other said. He never thought Ryeowok would cook for him ever again. “This is all I can do to thank you for taking care of me and my son.” Ryeowook murmured and took the knife. Changmin nodded at the words and took off the apron. He come closer to Ryeowook who looked at him quizzically, then put the apron on the shorter man. His hands brushed Ryeowook’s neck then waist and he tighten the knot. He missed the blush on Ryeowook’s cheeks.

“Here don’t get dirty.” Changmin smiled lightly and Ryeowook nodded as a thank.

Not wanting to disturb, Changmin went out from the kitchen and took Kyuhyun to the bathroom, to clean their hands before the dinner. After that, he switch the tv on and watched some cartoon with the kid. After an hour Changmin was alone watching tv, as Kyuhyun was playing in the kitchen table with his new toys. Changmin was little surprised when Ryeowook didn’t say a word about Kyuhyun’s new toys, or the fact that Ryeowook was acting normal; didn’t yell or argue anymore.

“Dinner is ready.” Ryeowook said to Changmin as soon as he was standing next to the other. Changmin turned off the television and trailed behind Ryeowook to the kitchen.

“Dad made a dinner!” Kyuhyun chirped as he played with a small car on the table. He looked genuinely happy and not that surprised about Ryeowook’s cooking. Maybe Kyu’s father cooked sometimes for them, maybe he wasn’t as bad as he acted sometimes, Changmin thought.

“I told you to stop playing and wait patiently for the food.” Ryeowook glared at Kyuhyun, but somehow that angry expression wasn’t that angry. Changmin would see the love Ryeowook have in towards Kyuhyun in the shorter man’s eyes. Kyuhyun whined and stopped playing. This cute act made Changmin ruffle Kyu’s hair who giggled like a small kid he was.

Soon the food was served and Changmin was brought back to his old times with Ryeowook. He finally tasted the other’s food. The memories of Ryeowook bringing him food come back and he felt stings of tears forming in his eyes.

“Here.” Ryeowook mumbled as he put a meat on Changmin’s plate then vegetables in Kyuhyun’s to the small kid’s horror.

“Thanks” Changmin said and their eyes met. Ryeowook’s eyes were still as chocolate colored as years ago. His face was delicate and smooth despite his work and age. Changmin’s lips twitched in a small smile, then he looked down and started eating again.

They ate their food quickly, yet savored every bit of it. Ryewook’s cooking was excellent, even better that years ago, Changmin thought. After dinner Changmin told Ryeowook to wait and he quickly went to the fried and took out ice-creams and strawberry pudding. With small cups filled with ice-creams and a pudding he come back to the table.

“Pudding?!” Ryeowook looked shocked, when Changmin put his share onto the table.

“Uncle said you liked strawberry pudding dad.”Kyuhyun said then squeaked happily when Changmin put his share of sweets. Ryeowook looked at Changmin who was still standing. His eyes looked genuinely shocked. Suddenly he put his hand on Changmin’s arm.

“Thank you, and thank you for remembering.” Ryeowook smiled lightly then let go of Changmin who blushed hard and sat on his chair. His heart was beating fast and Ryeowook only smiled at him. It was a long time ago when he last time smiled at Changmin like that. Min felt his love for Ryeowook grown even more. Changmin thought how can he be able to stand it, being only strangers with Ryeowook. He knew Ryeowook forget that they aren’t friends anymore, but Changmin didn’t, despite the back that he acted like a friend.

Changmin took a spoonful of his ice-creams in his mouth and looked at Ryeowook. The shorter man took the spoon of the pudding and ate it. Changmin looked as Ryeowook swallowed then smiled even more, even wider. Ryeowook’s eyes shone brightly, beamed with happiness.

“It’s delicious!” Kyuhyun said excited as he scoop spoonful after spoon on ice-cream into his mouth.

“Watch out or you will froze from the inside.” Changmin joked then ruffled Kyu’s hair. His eyes mismatched as he ate his ice-creams happily.

After their dinner and dessert they sat up for a cup of tea and coffee. Kyuhyun engrossed himself with the car, while Changmin and Ryeowook sipped their drinks.

“I know you don’t want to, but I want you to stay here for a while.” Changmin said after a minute of silent. Ryeowook looked at his shocked, then his eyes narrowed angrily.

“I don’t want to stay here.” Ryeowook’s words stabbed Changmin’s heart.

“I know, but I want to take care of Kyuhyun. I still don’t believe that you will take a good care of him.” Min knew that his words hurt the other, but he had to say it. He can’t let go of Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. He needs to take care of them, to make sure Kyuhyun will not feel abandoned again.

“I will, you don’t have to worry.” Ryeowook spited his words like a venom.

“I know, I just want to make sure of it. I need to see with my own eyes.”

“No”

“Please, I just want to take care of you two.” Changmin pleaded.

“We will take care of ourselves don’t worry Changmin.” Ryeowook sounded pissed. His brows were frowned, hands hold the mug tightly.

“You will stay here. Only temporary, please.” Changmin pleaded. His eyes looked sadly at Ryeowook, as his lips quiver lightly. They eyes met and Changmin use all his pleading force into his gaze.

“Ok.” Ryeowook sighed and looked away. Changmin smiled immediately.

“Thank you!” Changmin chirped and patter Ryeowook’s hand. He smiled even wider when Ryeowook bit his lips and blushed. Suddenly Kyu’s toy car crashed with Changmin’s mug, but lucky the hot liquid inside didn’t spilled.

“Watch out!” Changmin and Ryeowook shouted, grabbing the mug together. They fingers brushed together, but none of them noticed it.

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun pouted sadly.

“You can’t slouch and play at the table” Changmin said strictly, but he was rather amused by Kyu’s cute act.

“Then under the table?” Kyuhyun asked with a puppy eyes. His and Min’s eyes me.

“Under the table you can” And both of them ducked under the table as in unreadable agreement, where Kyuhyun’s plush and toys were.

“How you get them there? When?” Changmin laughed, then whined from the pain when his head hit the table. Ryeowook moved the chair and looked at Changmin and Kyuhyun under the table. Min was squished under the small space as he played with the kid.

“Haya!” Kyuhyun suddenly attacked Min’s toy with his, making Changmin wide his eyes from surprise.

“How could you!” Min’s accused. Their cute interaction make Ryeowook start to giggle. Min and Kyuhyun moved from the table and put their chins on it, looking at Ryeowook who was now laughing hysterical in his chair. The sight was making both Min and Kyu mesmerized. Ryeowook’s face was bright and beautiful as he laughed. The corners of his eyes were teary, as he tried to hold his stomach.

“You two are so stupid.” Ryeowook breathed. His hands reached and touched Kyuhyun’s and Changmin’s cheeks and them a little. Kyuhyun smiled while Changmin blushed at the action. “Idiots” Ryeowook giggled and patted the other two’s cheeks then excited the kitchen. Kyuhyun smiled as he eyed his father then Changmin. The taller adult looked mesmerized at the door where Ryeowook just excited.

“Fool.” Kyuhyun mumbled sheepishly. He ducked under the table and started playing with his toys.

 

 

 

 

__________________________

A/N: I fought with this so so much because he shouldn't be at all, but I don't care anymore: 

I love Shim Changmin!!!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_n2yp3cpDRl1r6mlvq.gif

Yet fuuuu* I hate him so much -_- Does anyone ever wasn't happy about someone being their bias? 

tumblr_inline_n2yp68kwUZ1r6mlvq.gif