Forced or not

Evanescent

If you could see me now
I wonder what you would think
Me, living without you

Everybody finds love
In the end

 

Utada Hikaru- Sakura Nagashi

 

***

 

 

In next week Changmin didn’t saw Kyuhyun, nor Ryeowook. He hadn’t search for them. He knew if Kyuhyun wanted, he will know where to search for him. It was Friday night and Changmin was driving to his apartment. He stayed after work, due to really important project. As he drove, he noticed, a familiar figure walking on the road. It wasn’t anything strange, if not the fact that that person was swaying and barely standing of his feet. Min parked his car on the pathway and get out from the car.

“Ryeowook?” He hurried to the latter, catching him, before the other would fell. A puff of alcohol’s smell invaded Min’s nostrils, making him cringe from awful smell. “You are drunk and at this hour?” Ryeowook focused his blurry eyes at Min, then grimaced with a smirk.

“Not your business.” He patted Min’s cheek harshly, trying to break free from the other’s hold- unsuccessfully. Changmin’s eyes narrowed as he looked angrily at his ex-best friend.

“Maybe not, but tell me where is Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook frowned, then pursed his lips. He felt pissed that Changmin was asking about his son.

“Not your business. He is my son! off from us!” He shouted, then wobbled, when the other let go of him harshly.

“Don’t tell me what I have to do. Not you, after what I witnessed. Tell me where is Kyuhyun!” He grabbed Ryeowook’s arm strongly, eyes stabbed the other’s one.

“Do I care? He is in home I think!” The shorter man pushed the other’s hand away.

“Home? How? Who took him, when you are like that?”

“I don’t know, I don’t care.”

“Eish!” Min hissed, then pulled Ryeowook towards his car.

“Let me go!”

“No! We are going to Kyuhyun. If he is not home you are dead!” His eyes pierced the other’s ones. He feared something maybe happened to Kyuhyun. When he successfully pulled Ryeowook to his car, he fight with the other, to gave him Ryeowook’s apartment keys. With a hiss, he leaned closed and shove his hand into Ryeowook’s pant pocket, making the other yelp. He yelled in victory, when the fished them out. He was unable to see Ryeowook’s faint blush on his cheek, as the other turned his head away with a pout.

“He is not there!” Changmin shouted at Ryeowook when he searched for Kyuhyun inside the mechanic’s apartment. He punched the steering wheel, then run out, leaving half asleep Ryeowook. He couldn’t believe someone so good could actually be so careless and cruel to the person he should love. Ryeowook couldn’t have a son. That man was bad, while Kyuhyun needed someone who will take care of him, Ryeowook can’t do it, he don’t want to. Changmin checked out the playground, but Kyuhyun wasn’t there. Coming back, he harshly woke Ryeowook up.

“Where is his kindergarten?” He asked furious and drove there, when the other mumbled the address. He just wanted to punch his ex-best friend. Kick his so he will not seat on in for months. But Kyuhyun was more important right now.

How relived he was, when he saw curled figure on the kindergarten’s bench, away from people’s eyes. Min wondered how come teacher didn’t noticed him missing, but it wasn’t important right now. He gently kneeled next to small figure and brushed Kyuhyun’s bangs aside, making the small boy woke up. His eyes soften, when Kyuhyun whined and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

“Candy uncle?” Small boy asked sleepily.

“Yeah it’s me, little boy. I come to pick you up…” At these words, Kyuhyun started to get teary. Fearing the other will start crying, Min quickly added. “…Your dad is here too. I will take you to my home. I bet you are hungry. There is some kimchi in the fridge. Now come.” He said with a smile and scoped the small boy in his arms. Kyuhyun snuggled to him and stopped crying. Immediately finding a comfortable position he closed his eyes and smiled lightly. He felt secure and protected in Min’s arms. If just his dad would be like that, he thought sadly.

Changmin took Kyuhyun into the car and secured him with a seatbelt.

“Where have you been!” Ryeowook suddenly shouted. Min sat in the car and harshly pulled Ryeowook away. The man was too drank to think normal.

“Shut up and go to sleep drunkard.” He glared at Ryeowook, then drove to his apartment, when the other man just glared at him back, and closed his mouth. Soon Min’s ex best friend fall asleep in his drunk haze. He hasn’t looked relived or glad Kyuhyun was found out. He looked like he really didn’t care and that made Changmin sad. He hoped Ryeowook change soon, because Kyuhyun needs a father.

 

When they finally reached Changmin’s apartment, He tried to woke Ryeowook up, but without a result. Kyuhyun already exited the car, while Min tried to woke Ryeowook. Only some incoherent words come out from the shorter man’s mouth, giving Changmin no option but to carry him to his apartment.

Changmin’s anger lessen, giving space to the feeling of nostalgia and serenity. Ryeowook was laying his head comfortably on Min’s chest, unaware of the taller man’s fast beating heart. Next to them, as they walk, was Kyuhyun with sleepy expression. His small hand hold a hem of Changmin’s shirt.

“Could you…” Changmin showed Kyuhyun his apartment’s keys. Kyuhyun grabbed them and opened the door.

After taking his shoes off with difficulty, Changmin went to his bedroom and lied Ryeowook there. When he come back, Kyuhyun was still standing in the hall. Smiling lightly at the smaller man, he helped the boy taking his shoes off, then went with him to the kitchen.

“We will eat and go to sleep. I bet you are starving.” Min said, while grabbing leftovers from the fridge. He then heated and served them. Both of them said nothing as they ate. As if both of them feel suddenly awkward with each other. Wanting to break the ice, Changmin said simple things.
“I will lend you some of my pajama or t-shirt. You want to take a shower?”

“Thank you.” small whisper as a reply, made Changmin feel more awkward. After eating all their food in complete silent, Changmin lend Kyuhyun is pajama and a tower. When the smaller boy went to the bathroom, Min go to his bedroom with a tray with cup of water and some painkillers. With a sigh, he sat on his bed facing Ryeowook. He put the tray on the bedside table and looked at drunk man.

“Why you are like that? It’s because of Choa?” He asked, but did not wait for an answer. He tugged the blanket and covered Ryeowook’s body with it. He halted his urge to run his palm over Ryeowook’s hair, then exited the bedroom. Seeing his childhood friend in that state, made his heart ache.

He went to the living room and made a temporary bed for himself. When he was putting the blanket on the side, Kyuhyun come out from the bedroom. Towel in one hand, water dripped from wet hair. Changmin’s pajama was drowning small boy. Too long sleeves reached the ground. Feet stomps on too long pants. Changmin smiled at the cute side before his eyes. His eyes went mismatched, making small Kyuhyun wide his eyes in awe a little.

“Looks like I need to feed you more, so you will grow up quick and fit in this pajama.” Changmin laughed lightly as went to Kyuhyun. Small boy’s eyes shone at the mention of taking care of him by Changmin. His own father wasn’t doing a good job, so Kyuhyun was starting to like Changmin more and more. He was taking care of him instead of Ryeowook. Changmin rolled up sleeves and pants in Kyu’s pajama, while smiling all the time. Kyuhyun looked really adorable, just like his father when he was little. “Now, let’s go to sleep.” Min said. He took Kyu’s hand and went with him to the bedroom. As soon as small Kyuhyun saw his father in the bed, he backed away and looked down. “What happen? You don’t want to sleep with your dad?” Small boy shock his head. “Really, why not?” but Kyu didn’t answer. With a sigh, Min went to the living room and tucked small Kyuhyun on the sofa.

“Then you will sleep here ok? It’s not as comfortable like bed, but you will sleep good ok?” Changmin patted Kyu’s head.

“Yes uncle Changmin.” Kyuhyun said, looking doe eye at the other. With a smile and goodnight, Min turned the light off, leaving a small lamp on, in the corner of the room and went to take a shower as well.

He stepped into the living room after the shower and saw the small frame of Kyuhyun, sleeping soundly. Smiling lightly at himself, he went and tucked small boy under the blanket.

“Sleep well little boy. I hope when you will wake up, your nightmares in life will vanish.” Changmin whispered, as he tucked the latter’s bangs from his face. “I wish you will be finally happy. I will make it come true.” Changmin added then went to the bedroom. As soon as the bedroom’s door opened, his eyes landed onto the frame of his ex-best friend. Ryeowook was sleeping on his side, back facing Min. He sighed and went to the bed. That moment he regretted that he didn’t get bigger apartment. He had only one bedroom. Kyuhyun didn’t want to sleep with his dad, so Min had no choice, but to sleep next to him.

He lied next to Ryeowook and covered himself with a blanket. He felt strange. The last time they were sleeping together, was where they were little, small brats. They would laugh at everything, fight under the blanket and said stories of who they will be in the future. Now, they just lay next to each other.

“Why you changed so much Ryeowook?” Changmin said shifting. He looked at Ryeowook’s back. Sudden sadness rushed to his head but before he could think further into the sorrow, Ryeowook shifted and turned himself. His drunk breath ghosted on Changmin’s face, making the taller man frown his face. Then Changmin reached his hand unconsciously to Ryeowook and tucked the latter’s bangs aside. His heart still beat quick just looking at the smaller man. He still loves him, still long for him. “What happen to you?” He mumbled, then widen his eyes when Ryeowook snuggled closer to his hand, seeking for warm. Small smile ghosted on the shorter’s man lips, but the vanished, as he mumbled painfully “Don’t go. I’m sorry Min…I’m sorry I lo….Choa she…love…she was…Min I’m sorry… don’t go…” He said incoherently then sighed and buried his head further into the pillow. A few teardrops escaped from his still closed eyes. After these he relaxed in his sleep.

Changmin could only look at the latter with wide eyes. Thought of falling asleep now was gone. He needs to know what happen to Choa so he can protect and help Ryeowook and his son.

 

 

A/N: Next chapter! Sorry for delay. Happy New Year!