Changing for the better

60 seconds

“We need to break up" The words came out of my mouth, automatically. I think it’s time for me to make things right.

“First of all I need to tell you, I'm in love with someone else." I took a deep breath releasing the weight of my lungs. "I know this is just professional but I am sick of lying Jaejoong. You re such a great guy when you want to but I am not the right one for you even as a pretend to be fiancé" I took his hands into mine. “Can’t you see? We’re both suffering in this"

He rubbed his head in confusion with a hint of frustration.

“Ruby that’s no joke I need you to be my muse until I get the company in my hands legally. If not Siwon will take over and who knows what will happen in KJ! Please just consider this" He looked at me desperate. I felt so much guilt inside me. The comb on my throat was becoming stronger and stronger.

“Jaejoong-oppa, I’m very sorry” I looked at him with guilt showing in my eyes.

“I can’t stop you from leaving, it’s your life after all but please consider this again.” He took his hands into mine looking into my eyes truthfully. “It’s temporary”

He stood up first and went to the bathroom to get ready. I got ready before him and left in hurry. I wanted to find Myungsoo, tell him the truth and everything I feel about him. I rush of relief trespassed me, I am actually doing this. I thought running down the stairs then I realised Myungsoo will probably be in the house. I looked around no one was in here. Where were their parents and Yoonseo? That’s a bit unusual. I missed them a lot. I stopped walking looking at the place feelings of nostalgia rose inside me.

I texted Myungsoo….

-Hey are you in the house ? I need to talk to you about something-

- Yeah in my room-

- Ok I’m coming I hope I’m not disturbing-

- You’re not-

I walked up the stairs quickly, hoping I won’t have to face Jaejoong again. I could hear his shower going on. He was taking a shower, Jaejoong's showers last more than an hour ! I felt quite awkward that I know him quite well. This marriage wasn’t as bad as I thought.

I knocked on Myungsoo’s door quietly. Worried of how he would face me this morning I felt the comb rising up my throat. I redid my hair quickly. The door opened I felt my pulse rising rhythmically to the sound of the doors screeching.

“Oh Hi Ruby ! Is there anything I can do for you?” It was Jessica, dressed in very revealing lingerie and messy hair. You could clearly tell what they were up to. Why am I even here I thought to myself, while my pulse gave up on me. I wasn’t nervous, I was mad at myself for being stupid enough not to think that they were together for real.

“Hi Jessica” I kept my tones low and professional “I just wanted to thank you and Myungsoo for bringing us back home safely, but I guess you can pass this to him right?” She smiled in satisfaction she liked how reluctant I was talking to him. My blood was rising up to my head, Ruby why the hell do you have to be so stupid.

“ Anyways you guys continue” I said and left. I run down the stairs as quickly as possible. Thank god a cab passed on time. I need to get out of here.

 

------Later at the same day-----------

I went over the office and picked the last of my belongings. I left all the work on Jaejoongs desk with a lot of tips to help him get through his new assistant. While I left him a letter….

A tear escaped through my eyes, I’m going to miss this place! I thought as I walked down the building with my belongings box. Luckily I didn’t have any unfortunate intervals.

 Arriving at home wasn’t the best either I felt like crying under my duvet but I didn’t. I started packing up all my things. I packed all our pictures together; I can’t deny this experience has been a part of my life. I can’t just throw them away. Pictures of me and Myungsoo being goofy, spending time with Jaejoong’s family. Yoonseo, Jaejoong being a diva. For a moment I thought I belonged to that family.

I folded up all the expensive nice clothes Jaejoong bought for me, I left them hanging in the wardrobe they didn’t belong to me I had to return them. And besides, I think they cost a fortune anyways. It would be very ungrateful of me taking them with me while I just ruined his plan. I felt very bad but this is how things are supposed to be. Running through the pictures again and again, another tear escaped from my eyes. I don’t even know how I fell in love with you Myungsoo. I guess I always had the habit of falling for people I am not supposed to. I exhaled in disappointment. Everything was packed and ready. I had my last cup of coffee before heading to the airport. Then I forgot a main part, I didn’t tell my mother neither Jojo. Actually I might not just tell mum she will worry.

----Skype---

Jojo looked all sleepy, its night there I forgot. “What time is that Ruby man !”  She said rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at work right now ?” I laughed at my sleepyhead friend. God I missed her so much!

“Jojo… do you still have my room?” I asked with my eyes full of nostalgia. “Yeah girl! You know I wouldn’t want any other roommate but you” We giggled, and then she opened her eyes in realisation.

“Jojo, I’m going to be back in less than 24 hours… Can I please stay at yours? I will explain everything when I get there. Please don’t tell mum”

My childhood friend looked at me shocked she was wide awake now. “YAH! Ruby you tell me you re coming back in less than 24 hours and you won’t explain why?! Letting me worry about your for a whole day?! Really?!” She nagged at me like she was my mum. We swapped roles for a day. Then I explained everything to her. She felt sad from one point but happy that I was going back.

“Girlfriend we really need our late night girl talks! I’ll pick you up from the airport don’t worry! “She said smiling. I looked at them in relief. Thank god I have Jojo to depend on.

We ended our chat then I proceeded to the airport the next closest flight would be in 4 hours I had to kill time at the airport. Memories kept flooding my mind; I don’t know whether I would miss this place or whether it was better for me to leave. Trying to erase all those feelings I started reading a book to kill time. But it was pointless the only thing I could think of was him.

Myungsoo you seriously ed up my mind….