008.

What Is Love

Author's POV

 

 

Jongin walked home from school that day. He was starting to recover a little bit, and everything was turning out to be alright. He was actually glad that he had gotten out of a relationship with Jin Ah, because he felt like everything was so much better.

 

No more phone calls from her, complaining about how she didn't get enough gifts.

 

Although, it saddened Jongin's heart to know that he had wasted his time on such a horrible and disgusting person, he still managed to put a smile on his face.

 

Jongin stopped by at the dance studio that day. He heard music blasting, and he was quite shocked. No one was ever at the dance studio, so who could be the person that was playing the same exact song that he had used to choreograph his dance to?

 

"What the-" Jongin said to himself. He bent down, looking through the opened window and watched. 

 

He watched as he saw a girl dancing. The same girl that had been watching him dance all this time, was dancing to the song and using the moves that he had choreographed.

 

Jongin didn't know if he should be flattered or if he should be creeped out by the fact that she knew the dance step by step. Just how did she remember it so well?

 

Jongin watched as she danced. It was quite funny to him, knowing that she had been the one watching him and now, it was actually the other way around. 

 

He had always wanted to strike up a conversation with her, but he never got the chance to. Every time he had stopped dancing or stopped the music, she would immediately go sprinting out of sight and he just couldn't do anything about it.

 

Jongin decided that it was time for him to ask the girl about why she would always watch him and waste all of her precious time on watching him dance.

 

He didn't know her. She didn't know him. They had never ever seen each other before, and she just watched him dance. She watched him dance all the time, when she could've been doing something so much more useful with her life. But no, she didn't use that time that she had to study, read books, or do her nails. Whatever girls did..

 

Instead, she watched him dance. It was so amusing to him.

 

Jongin carefully opened the back door to the dance studio, stepping in slowly as he watched her back. She had no idea that the door had opened, probably because she was so focused on the dance.

 

When the girl looked in the mirror and saw the light from the door, she jumped back and screamed. When she saw Jongin standing there, she felt even more terrified and immediately grabbed her stuff, ready to sprint out of the dance studio.

 

"W-wait!" Jongin cried.

 

She pried her arm away from his grasp and ran with all of her might.

 

Jongin frowned, picking up the iPod that was still plugged into the music player.

 

Silly girl. She forgot her iPod....she'll have to come back for it later, right? 

 

Jongin stared at her iPod that was in his hand, and then at the door. He then looked back down at the iPod and wondered if the girl had a password, and slid the lock on it. He wasn't very surprised when he saw that she had set a password. He tried guessing it a couple of times.

 

It could've been her birthdate, the year that she was born in, anything. It was just four simple numbers, but Jongin didn't know anything about her. In fact, he knew absolutely nothing. Nothing. He wanted to change that, but how could he change that if all she did was sprint away from him whenever he tried?

 

Jongin frowned to himself. 

 

He plugged in his own iPod, and he turned up the song. He listened to the lyrics carefully. Instead of dancing and pouring his heart out and sweating his off, he sat there. He cried.

 

♪ Making a day feel like a minute ♫
♫ With you, I'm the main character of a movie ♪
♪ As if I'm about to film an action scene to come see you, ♫
♫ as if I've become a hero ♪
♪ You're perfect to me, I imagined ♫
♫ How would it be if we were together? ♪
♪ If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby ♫
♫ I lost my mind, the moment I saw you ♪
♪ Except you, everything gets in slow motion ♫
♫ Tell me, if this is love ♪
♪ Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you ♫
♫ Fighting, crying and hugging ♪
♪ Tell me, if this is love ♫
 
That day, Jongin cried his heart out. He had honestly never cried so much, before. The song explained all of his emotions for Jin Ah so perfectly, but at the same time, they were so wrong. He no longer felt that way about her. After finding out that she wasn't his perfect angel, after find out that she wasn't the person that he loved, his muse for dancing was gone.

 

He couldn't even pick himself up and walk correctly. 

 

He was useless.

 

 

Author's Note:

Hi, again! I've finally finished writing this whole entire story. The story is 20 chapters long. D: It took me like four hours just to write five chapters, and go back and edit the chapters that I already had. Lol, I'm such a loser.

Okay, anyway. Yeah. I'll be updating a lot more now, since the whole story's finished. I just need to edit it some more. By the way, you guys might see some mistakes because I originally wrote this story in second person point of view, but then I decided to change it to third person point of view because I thought it'd be easier. If you guys catch a mistake with that stuff, I'm really sorry.

I'll be going, now! More updates to come! ily all~