010.

What Is Love

Author's POV

 

 

"You gave her her iPod back?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

Jongin nodded his head, and then his mind started to drift off and think about her. They actually had a lot of things in common, and he felt like he could actually talk to her and feel comfortable. He felt like he didn't have anything to hide.

 

"We talked about a lot of things after that. She's really kind-hearted, and we get alon-"

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he immediately shook his head, "Oh, no, no, no. I've heard those words, before." Kyungsoo stated.

 

"Yeah," Sehun agreed. "You said the same thing about Jin Ah noona." 

 

Jongin rolled his eyes and sighed to himself, "Minhee's different. She's pure and innocent. Jin Ah was flirty, and she threw herself at me." Jongin said. 

 

"Pure and innocent ones are usually the most evil," Sehun informed.

 

"Yeah, just like you." Kyungsoo spat at the younger male.

 

Jongin snorted, and Sehun glared at his best friends.

 

"Anyways, Jongin." Kyungsoo started off. "If you really like this girl and all, you could at least introduce her to us." Kyungsoo patted Jongin's back.

 

"Yeah! Jin Ah noona really loved me. Maybe it's the same with Minhee!" Sehun chirped.

 

Kyungsoo groaned, "Yeah, but Jin Ah hated my guts. What if Minhee hates me, too?"

 

"She only hated you so much because you were so bossy." Sehun mumbled.

 

"No, she hated me because I called her a . And in the end, I was right all along. She is a ." Kyungsoo smiled, proudly.

 

"She isn't a . That's offensive to es everywhere. She's much worse." Jongin crossed his arms.

 

Kyungsoo let out a laugh that sounded like an owl's hoot, and Sehun couldn't help but crack a smile at what Jongin had said. He had to admit that it was pretty funny.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Minhee's POV

 

 

Baekhyun and I were in the middle of wrestling for the TV remote when I heard my phone buzz, immediately, I threw the remote at Baekhyun and jumped up to go grab my phone.

 

Baekhyun huffed, standing up and fixing his shirt. "Well, that was easy enough.." he said as he sat back down on Chanyeol's lap and started flipping through channels.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Chanyeol snorted. "She was winning up until the point where her phone rang." Chanyeol ruffled Baekhyun's hair.

 

"Whatever." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

I looked at my phone and scrolled through it, seeing that I had an unread message from Jongin. I nearly screamed when I read his name, and I started jumping up and down and stomping my feet happily.

 

"It's Jongin, isn't it?" Baekhyun asked, observing me from head-to-toe.

 

I nodded my head and threw my hands in the air, spinning around and jumping up and down. I read the text message that he sent me out loud for Baekhyun to hear.

 

"Meet me at the icecream parlor around six. Be there, or else." I read aloud.

 

Baekhyun snorted, "Be there, or else." he mocked.

 

I frowned at him and was ready to peg my phone at his face when I got another message from Jongin and I let out a squeal.

 

"What'd he say, now?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

"He asked me if I wanted him to pick me up!" I squealed.

 

"Oh my gosh, you two aren't even dating and you're acting like this.." Chanyeol groaned.

 

"It's young love, babe. It's such a good love story, too. The innocent girl stalks the boy from a window and-"

 

Before I could hear the rest of Baekhyun's sentence, Chanyeol's elephant laugh rang through my ears. 

 

I rolled my eyes and went into my room, "He's picking me up! He's picking me up!" I jumped up and down as I ran to get changed.

 

"You know, I'm kinda starting to wonder when they'll admit their feelings for each other and just go out." Baekhyun said, emphasizing on the words 'go out' loudly so that I could hear it from my room.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Author's POV

 

"Hey, pretty." Jongin smiled as soon as he saw Minhee open up the door. They both stared at each other observantly for a couple of seconds before a wild Baekhyun and Chanyeol appeared out of no where.

 

"Have her home by ten. Got it, lover boy?" Baekhyun pointed a finger at Jongin.

 

"Got it, s-sir." Jongin saluted.

 

"And you," Baekhyun pointed at Minhee. "Bring me home some ice cream, okay?" he smiled.

 

She laughed and nodded her head, following Jongin the both headed to his car.

 

"Is that your older brother?" Jongin asked. He remembered Baekhyun from the dance studio, and also from when he saw Baekhyun pulling her away at the ice cream parlor.

 

"Best friend. He's like my brother." Minhee stated. "Oh, and he's gay." she added in, surprising Jongin.

 

"Gay?" he repeated. 

 

"Problem?" Minhee's eyebrow quirked up.

 

"Not at all." Jongin shook his head. "I think it's cool." he shrugged.

 

She let out a laugh.

 

"So, why did you ask me to come with you to the icecream parlor?" Minhee asked out of no where.

 

"I want you to meet my best friends." Jongin smiled.

 

Her heart stopped for a second as she heard him say those words. Her and Jongin had only been friends for about a month, and meeting his best friend was a whole new step for her.

 

"Why?" she managed to ask.

 

"Because I want them to see how pretty you are," Jongin smirked. Minhee rolled her eyes.

 

Although she tried to play it off cool, on the inside, she was freaking out.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Minhee's POV

 

 

I felt nervous as Jongin lead me into the ice cream parlor. I looked around, and then I saw these two guys waving at me. I figured that they were actually waving at Jongin when I heard Jongin say, "There they are. Don't be shy." 

 

Jongin grabbed my hand and lead me towards the table, and the skin contact was making me melt on the inside. My heart was beating a mile a minute, and I hesitantly sat down beside Jongin in a booth as his two friends sat directly across from us.

 

The guy that was sitting in front of Jongin had a sharp face and looked a little bit scrawny. He had hair that was dyed a light blonde color, and he looked unusually cute but also attractive.

 

The guy sitting in front of me had round eyes, chubby cheeks and fluffy marshmellow lips that reminded me of Jongin's. Their lips were oddly similar in a way, and he looked squishable. Adorable, you might say. But he also looked manly.

 

"What'd I tell you?" Jongin whispered in my ear. "Don't be shy." he repeated himself.

 

I oddly smiled as I introduced myself to the both of them, "I-uh-hi, I'm Minhee. It's nice to meet you." I offered the one sitting across from me my hand.

 

He took it and gave me a smile, but his eyes were literally shooting daggers at me. I felt like he didn't really like me all that much.

 

"I'm Kyungsoo, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." he said slowly. Each word hitting me like a dagger right in the heart. He was intimdating.

 

"And I'm Sehun." the other one that was sitting across from Jongin said. I gave him a small smile and bowed at him, and Jongin groaned.

 

"Why are you all being so awkward?" Jongin frowned.

 

"I'm sorry." I said to him, and he poked my cheek.

 

"Stop it." he whined.

 

"Stop what?" I frowned.

 

"Being awkward. I told you to not be shy, pretty." 

 

Jongin had this weird nickname for me. I was either shy-bunny or pretty. He claimed that I looked like a bunny whenever I acted shy, and he also claimed that I was pretty whenever I smiled, so he called me shy-bunny or pretty.

 

"Don't make me use your other nickname on you." Jongin warned.

 

"Okay, gosh." I groaned as I grabbed a menu.

 

"Uh-Kyungsoo-ssi, would you like to order something, first?" I tried to ask politely.

 

His eyes softened a bit and he grabbed the menu that I was offering him, looking through it.

 

"What do you want? I'll order it for you." Kyungsoo gave me a small smile.

 

I was shocked by his sudden mood change, he seemed like he was about to kill me one minute and then the next he was offering to order things for me. It was like he had transformed personalities.

 

"Minhee-ssi, can I call you noona?" Sehun asked me.

 

My eyes rounded, "But what if you're older than me?" I asked.

 

"Oh, right. Sorry, Jongin usually dates girls that're older than him, so all of them are my noonas." Sehun smirked.

 

Jongin kicked Sehun from under the table, and I laughed.

 

"Oh, we're not dating. But when's your birthday, Sehun-ssi?" I asked.

 

"April 12th." he replied.

 

"Mine's April 14th." I said. "You're older than me." I smiled.

 

"Then, you have to call me oppa." Sehun demanded happily.

 

He received another kick from under the table, and I could see him painfully trying to ignore it.

 

"I-if you insist, then." I nodded my head, looking over at Jongin. 

 

"Minhee, you have to call the both of us oppa. You got that?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

These guys were really odd and bi-polar, especially Kyungsoo. But I agreed to it, anyway.

 

The whole night, I could tell that Kyungsoo and Sehun were basically trying to torment Jongin by making me call them oppa. It was pretty funny to them, and I had to admit that the angry expression that Jongin had on his face would always make me giggle.

 

"Tonight was fun, yes?" Kyungsoo asked as the four of us got up.

 

I nodded my head, "Thank you for treating me to icecream, oppa." I smiled. 

 

"You're welcome, Minnie." Kyungsoo smiled back. He ruffled my hair, and Sehun came over and hugged me.

 

"We'll celebrate our birthdays together, okay?" Sehun asked.

 

I nodded my head, "I'll look forward to it!" I cheered.

 

As soon as Sehun walked off and bid goodbye, Jongin took me to the car. He hadn't really been talking that much all night, and I frowned. Maybe the whole teasing thing had gotten a little too over-the-top.

 

"Hey, Jongin." I called out his name. "What's wrong?" I asked.

 

Jongin shook his head, "Nothing." he replied. "I'll drive you home, okay?" he asked.

 

I nodded my head, but truthfully, I didn't want to go home. I wanted to spend more time with him, and if it didn't hurt to add in, I wanted to spend time with him alone.

 

 

When the car stopped, I looked outside the window to see that Jongin and I were in the middle of absolutely no where. Around us was nothing. I started panicking a little bit because I thought that Jongin had gotten lost, but he seemed perfectly calm. He got out of the car like this was all normal, and went to his trunk.

 

I got out of the car and followed behind him to see what he was doing. I saw Jongin take out a huge blanket and then climb up on top of his car, laying it out on the roof. When he was done setting it up, he looked at me with twinkling eyes.

 

"Are you coming up or what?" Jongin asked, offfering me a hand.

 

I took his hand and climbed up the car, and he lied down. I lied down next to him, and Jongin stared up at the sky.

 

"What are we doing?" I asked. I knew that I had probably just ruined a perfectly good moment, but I was curious.

 

"Stargazing." he replied.

 

"Hm," I hummed. "Why were you so quiet, tonight?" I asked.

 

Jongin sighed, and I could smell his minty breath.

 

"No reason, pretty." he replied.

 

"Are you mad at me for bonding with Kyungsoo and Sehun oppa?" I asked. Stupid question, if you asked me.

 

"Not at all." he replied. The tone of his voice was very convincing to me, so I bought it. "Memories are starting to come back, and I'm not really sure how I feel about you, pretty." he sighed.

 

I thought to myself that night, was that his confession to me? Did he like me, but not know if he liked me or not? Was he starting to grow feelings for me?