011.

What Is Love

Author's POV

 

 

Jongin didn't know what was wrong with him. He knew that he was starting to have feelings for Minhee, but his mind kept screaming at him. His mind kept telling him that Jin Ah was going to come back, still believing that she was deeply in love with him. 

 

His mind believed that every little memory that they've ever had together was still something to her; but he was wrong. He knew it, too. But the reason behind why his mind didn't let itself believe something so ridiculously true was just a pure mystery.

 

He wasn't mad at Minhee or anything, he was actually mad at himself. His memories with Jin Ah were still clear in his head, and he thought that if he took Minhee stargazing with him and made new memories, he could forget about Jin Ah. But sadly, it didn't happen the way that he'd planned.

 

The memories stayed glued to his mind, and Minhee also stayed glued in his mind. It was like his heart wanted one thing, but his mind wanted another. The confusing part was, he just didn't know which one his heart really wanted.

 

"Kyungsoo," Jongin kicked his best friend on the side.

 

Kyungsoo shot him a glare and mouthed 'What?' as he kicked Jongin back.

 

"What do you think of Minhee, honestly?" Jongin asked.

 

At first, Kyungsoo tapped his chin, but then his answer came out as very simple.

 

"She is, indeed, a very sweet, innocent, and pure girl." he said.

 

Jongin groaned, and Kyungsoo gave him a confused look.

 

"Did you two get into a fight or something?" Kyungsoo's eyebrow quirked up. 

 

Kyungsoo really liked Minhee. He thought that she suited Jongin well. Too well, actually. The both of them were basically meant for each other and the both of them had the same exact interests. Minhee had the same music taste as Jongin. The both of them loved to draw, and they were both very energetic and active. Even better, Minhee actually had an interest in dancing; which was perfect for Jongin since Jongin's dream has always been to be a dancer.

 

Kyungsoo could tell that she was nothing like Jin Ah, who would throw herself on Jongin all the time and whine and pout. Sure, the girl was sweet and all, but her aegyo was too much to handle. Minhee did have aegyo, but she didn't force it. She was just...different. A good different. Kyungsoo truly believed that Minhee could change Jongin's life in the most positive ways. He silently hoped to himself that the two were okay, because honestly, they fit each other too well to grow apart.

 

Jongin sighed, "No, we didn't." he replied back. "I just-I think-I'm-I'm thinking of Jin Ah, again."

 

Kyungsoo kicked Jongin, and Jongin yelped, shooting Kyungsoo a glare and asking him what it was for. 

 

"You're an idiot! Jin Ah cheated on you." Kyungsoo explained. "You're thinking about that when you have a perfect girl right in front of you, completely head-over-heels for you?" Kyungsoo asked, angrily.

 

Jongin covered his face with his hands and frowned, "I don't know what I want." he mumbled into them.

 

"I can tell that Minhee really likes you," Kyungsoo said. "Don't put her through something like this. It's only going to hurt her." he shook his head.

 

Jongin frowned, getting mad at himself.

 

 

That night, he texted her. For Minhee, it was just a regular text message that would make her squeal and nearly fall off of her bed, but for Jongin, it was just another text adding onto his guilt. He felt like he was using Minhee for his own selfish reasons.

 

To: Pretty

Hey, pretty.

 

From: Pretty

Hi. 

 

To: Pretty 

Not asleep, yet?

 

From: Pretty 

I was about to, but then you texted.

 

To: Pretty

Hm, am I keeping you up?

 

From: Pretty

Not at all. Is there a reason why you texted so late at night?

 

To: Pretty

I missed talking to my shy-bunny.

 

From: Pretty

Nicknames, again. When are you going to learn my real name, Kim Jongin? *sighs*

 

To: Pretty

Is your name pretty?

 

From: Pretty

Mmm, try again. :P

 

To: Pretty

Choi Minhee is pretty.

 

From: Pretty

Ah, so you do know my name. Hmph.

 

To: Pretty

I like pretty better.

 

From: Pretty

I'll call you handsome, then.

 

To: Pretty

Do you think I'm handsome? ^_^

 

From: Pretty

In your dreams.

 

To: Pretty

I'm hurt. You've hurt my feelings.

 

From: Pretty

Good.

 

To: Pretty

Whatever. What are you doing?

 

From: Pretty

Texting you and Baekhyun. Wbu?

 

To: Pretty

Talking to the girl that I really like.

 

From: Pretty

Huh?...

 

To: Pretty

I..

 

From: Pretty

?

 

To: Pretty

I'm trying to tell you something.

 

From: Pretty

...

 

To: Pretty

I'm trying to tell you that I like you...

 

That night, he didn't get a reply back from her. Jongin tried to convince himself that she had fallen asleep and not read the message, but another part of him was predicting the worse case scenarios.

 

Maybe this was just a mistake, he told himself.