Father's Goodbye

A Father's Story

 

 

“yixing stop it already” luhan was spending his free time at yixing’s house checking on his friend. He found him flooding himself with liquor almost sober. Yixing ignored luhan and continues to pour another shot of alcohol in his glass. When yixing is about to drink, luhan grab the glass from his hand.

“leave me alone luhan” yixing sternly said while glaring at luhan.

“no, I won’t let you drown yourself with this ” yixing groggily stood up to snatch the glass from luhan’s hand but failed as he slump back on the couch. He put his palm on his face and let out a cry.

“you can’t live like this yixing, you need to move on with your life, you can’t let yourself be like this, you need to work hard and save enough money to get him again,” luhan pitied his friend, he never thought yixing would be down like this. He kneeled in front of him and holds his arm.

“I don’t know how to live anymore luhan, he was my life. My son is the only reason for me to live but now he wasn’t here anymore I don’t know how to continue my life” it pained him to see his bestfriend like this, luhan tighten his grip on yixing’s arms.

“look, yixing, he may be not living with you, you can’t even see him every day or talk to him but he still remain in your heart, and Im sure you are in his too. You’d better stand up and show them that you can take him back from them anytime now since you can provide him the best life. Wait for a couple of years, when he was already on his right age im sure he will look for you first.” Luhan tried to comfort his friend. He knows how hurt he was, being a father too luhan knows how heart breaking it is to take your child away from you all of a sudden. But right now, he can’t do anything to help his friend aside from comforting him and be by his side.

 

Yixing woke up from his sleep with a headache, his back ache. He found himself in the living room laying on the couch, the mess he made last night was gone.

“maybe luhan clean it before he went home” yixing thought to himself. He stood up and went to the kitchen to drink some water, when he arrived at his kitchen he found the food that luhan cooked before he went home. He smiled a little thanking luhan for being so considerate, he notice the note on the side and picked it up.

Hey!!

I know you have a headache considering you’re drunk last night

I made your breakfast so you better eat it or else I’ll never going to cook for you.

I’ll make an excuse for your absence today in the office so don’t worry and just rest okay?

You can do it bro!!we are always here for you so don’t hesitate to talk to us..^^

See you later

Luhan

 

Yixing soften at luhan’s note, his friend was always there for him and he was so thankful to have him in his life. He started to eat the food that luhan made for him when suddenly he has lost in his thoughts when he saw the chair opposite him.

“kya!!!” A little boy squealed as he was seated on the high chair wiggling uncontrollably.

“oh my, don’t move so much yihan, you might fall” yixing immediately hold into his 8 months old son afraid to get him hurt. He was currently making his food when he squealed and wiggle on his seat that make yixing worried.

“BABA..!!” yixing widen his eyes hearing the first word that his son uttered, it’s like fireworks exploded on his stomach, he smiled widely and took his son out of the chair and spun him playfully.

“BABA!!BABA!!” yihan yelled between his giggles as yixing still holding him, hugging him tighter and swayed him back and forth.

 

It was one of the most unforgettable memories he have with his son. He was snap out of his thoughts when a tear roll down on his cheeks. He immediately wiped it away and smile bitterly before he continue to eat the food that luhan cooked.

“luhan was right, I shouldn’t be like this, I should make my life better so that I can have yihan back” yixing thought to himself, he raised his son alone ever since his ex-wife left them, his son was only a few months old that time, he went through pain like this before when his ex-wife left them but it was more painful now when she came back to get their son. Because his ex-wife want to have the custody to their son, she filed a case to let her have him, of course yixing fought back, but since the court is more considerate with the mother and his son being a minor the court grant the custody to his ex-wife that shattered his life. For 7 years, he was the one who was beside him, took care of him when he was sick, cooked for him, play with him, sleep with him, tend his wounds, went to his school meetings, he became the father and mother for his son and now he was suddenly taken away that left him broken.

“yihan look what I bought!!” yixing beam when he went home after his work, yihan hurriedly went to greet his father standing on the front door, he smiled widely seeing what his father bought for him.

“yah a soccer ball!!” yihan happily exclaim and snatched the ball from yixing’s hand before he run towards the living room. Yixing laugh a little and followed his son sitting in the couch.

“you don’t even greet baba properly, are you that excited to have a soccer ball” yixing complain playfully as he loosen his tie, yihan grinned and nodded at his father, yixing chuckled.

“aigoo my son, come here, give baba a hug and kiss” yihan happily went to his father and hug him before kissing his cheeks.

“thank you baba!!” yixing can’t stop smiling, he was happy that he made his son happy. He felt warmth with his son’s smiles.

“uncle luhan said we can play soccer on weekend together with him, is that okay with you?” yihan nodded eagerly before yixing ruffled his hair.

 

Yixing was on the couch remembering those memories he have with his son, it give him happiness yet sadness at the same time. He remembered those smiles, laughter, and cries but now he’ll never heard it again anymore, for so long. He went to his room to get his clothes and took a bath after to calm his self.

It’s been a week since yixing tried to move on and live his life without his son but being his son as his inspiration to do well. Luhan is happy to know that his friend is being himself again although he casually found him in dazed probably thinking about his son, it was just natural for him, even him, as yihan’s uncle he can’t still accept that fact that he cannot see him anymore for a long time but he was positive and hoping that they will see each other on the right time and be happy again. They currently taking a break from their work while talking about random things and sipping on their coffee.

“do you think he’ll get marry soon?” yixing asked luhan with interest, luhan just shrug his shoulder.

“I don’t know, we both now that tao is still a child himself and we are both aware that he was afraid to have a commitment” luhan casually said as he take a sip of his coffee while yixing just nodded.

“you’re right, but he was going to have a baby now, maybe he will change his mind,” yixing added, luhan just shrug again before he put his coffee down.

“let’s wait for kris to arrive and  give tao a lecture about life” they both chuckled trying to imagine their friends arguing when suddenly yixing’s phone rang. He excuses himself from luhan and answered his phone.

“baba” he heard the faint voice of his son, yixing become cold, it’s been a while since he heard his voice.

“yihan is that you? I missed you so much, are you fine there?are you okay without me?” yixing can’t stop himself from questioning his son, how he missed him, he heard his son’s sobbing from the other line that made him worried.

“baba I missed you so much, I wanted to see you, I want to be with you but the police said they are going to get you if I tried to leave mama” yixing grew anxious, he got a restraining order from the court because he grew furious when he found out they give the custody of his son to his ex-wife.

“don’t worry yihan, baba was doing my best to earn enough money so that I can get you from them okay?you’ll wait for me right?’ yixing was trying to hold his tears, he wanted to be with his son badly but he can’t do anything.

“I’ll wait for you baba, but I think you’re already late now, mama told me that we are flying to korea the next day, she said we will be living there, I said I don’t want to come but she said if I agree she will let me talk to you on the phone or even chat with you when we are already in korea” yixing felt his world stop, his whole body felt cold. His heart breaking into pieces and let out a choked of cries.

“what baba can do now, you are going far away from me” yixing said with tears already flowing from his eyes. luhan hurriedly went to his side to pat his back unaware of what is happening to his friend. But before yihan can say something, he heard his ex-wife voice from the other line.

“I’ll let you see him before we board on the plane, Thursday morning at 9, he wanted to see you before we leave, im sorry but that’s all I can do for now yixing” then she hung up the phone. Oh how he hate to feel it again, the pain in his heart that trying to kill him little by little. Luhan was still on his side patting his back. When he wiped his tears away and breathed deeply. He faced his friend and smiled.

“I guess I’ll say goodbye to him for now” yixing gave luhan a sad smile.

 

When Thursday came, yixing prepared himself for the most heart breaking moment in his life, letting his son go far away from him. With his friend’s help, he felt better and tried to think of the positive things in life, he arrived at the airport earlier than what they talk about. Just a few minutes he already saw his son running towards him with a wide smile. He scrunched down to welcome his son.

“BABA!!” his son said before he landed on his arms. He picked him up and spun him around happily.

“I’ve missed you soo much” yihan beam at yixing, with teary eyes he ruffled his son’s hair.

“baba missed you too” yihan kissed his cheeks before yixing put him down, they talk for a while before yihan’s flight called. Yihan was already crying when he faced yixing to say goodbye. Yixing wipe his tears away and smiled at him sadly.

“don’t cry yihan, baba will cry too” but yihan cried louder.

“bbaaabb..bbbaaabba” he sobbed, yixing hugged him suddenly while trying to stop his tears from falling.

“sshhh, don’t cry now,” he patted his son’s back. Yihan stop from crying, only a faint sob remain.

“promised baba that you’ll be a good boy there, don’t make mama angry okay?” yihan just nodded while sobbing a little

“promised me too that you’ll come back here to me when you already can okay? And I’ll promised you that I’ll try to visit you there when baba earned enough” and for the second time yihan nodded. yixing faintly smiled while wiping his son’s tears.

“yixing let go of yihan now, we need to go” his ex-wife said, yixing nodded before he look at his son and hugged him tight.

“don’t forget about baba okay? Just call me and I’ll be there for you, I’ll miss you” a tear escaped from his eyes, he wipe it away before he broke the hug.

“I won’t ever forget about you baba, I’ll miss you too and I love you very much” and that did it, tears flowed out form yixing’s eyes, he bite his lips to stop himself from crying loud while still holding his son.

“baba love you too very much”

 

*im sorry if it's a sad story again..:(

im sorry in advance if it made you cry because actually it made me cry too..-_-

hope you like it and feel free to leave your thoughts about it..^^

"sorry for the typos and wrong grammar"

thank your reading..*