Father's Daughters

A Father's Story

 

 

“yah wake up..BYUN CHARIE!!BYUN BEAKJIN!!BYUN RIEHYUN!!” it’s early in the morning and baekyun’s voice can be heard in every corner of their house. In just a few minutes his daughter’s went out of their rooms and walked in the kitchen groggily. Baekhyun smiled in victory, that’s how he woke his daughters up every day.

 

“appa can you be more gentle next time you woke us up, I think I’ll be deaf in no time” his youngest daughter charie whined at him.

“charie’s right appa, i don’t want to hear your diva like voice early in the morning anymore, sometimes it give goose bump just by hearing your voice” baekhyun’s second daughter beakjin added while playfully shrugging her shoulder. His oldest daughter riehyun just nodded agreeing with her sister while eating her breakfast. Baekhyun looked at his daughter with his eyebrow raised and arms crossed.

“well, girls should be waking up early and make breakfast for their father instead right?, and besides I don’t want to be called again by your school because of the 3 of you being late” the siblings just pouted at him. Charie was about to say something when her father interrupt her.

“eh eh, don’t say anything, just eat your breakfast and get ready for school, you’ll be late again.” He sternly said. The girls just nodded and eat their breakfast.

“when umma came back im gonna so tell her how diva ish you are appa” beakjin mumbled to herself but her sisters heard her and they shared a meaningful smile.

Byun baekhyun is the proud father of 3 beautiful daughters. He named his first born as byun riehyun, she’s 18 years old. Riehyun is smart, she was included in their school’s top 10 students and baekhyun is very proud, but she was the silent type but smiles a lot that’s why boys are all over her because she pretty and smart. Baekhyun’s second daughter is beakjin, beakjin is the opposite of riehyun, she was 16 years old, she’s the outgoing type of person, a little boyish and very stubborn, baekhyun often called to their school because of troubles that included beakjin. She’s athletic with her fit body, even though she always gave her father a headache she always made up with her sweet personality. Whenever she knows that her father is mad at her, she always baked something sweet for her father or give him a massage. And baekhyun’s youngest is charie, she’s the sarcastic one and the genius, the siblings think that she get her sarcastic attitude from their father. Because he have 3 pretty daughters, beakhyun tend to be the overprotective and strict father, and since his wife is working overseas for the meantime, her daughter don’t have someone who can save them from their father’s protectiveness.

“yah palli..!!” baekhyun yelled to his rushing daughters. In few minutes, his daughters hop in the car with their gloomy face. As baekhyun started to drive he notice his daughters face.

“What’s got in the 3 of you?what with the face?” beakjin hissed while her father narrowed his eyes at her.

“we are so gonna tell umma what you are doing to us appa” chaerin said with her arms crossed.

“what?what did I do?” baekhyun whimpered .

“you are being so hard on us appa, waking us up with your loud voice, always yelling at us to do things, it’s irritating” baekjin added while her sisters nodded agreeing with her.

“well, if you stop being a stubborn kid, sleep in the right time and woke up early maybe I’ll stop being hard on you” and the 3 siblings stop from whining, baekhyun knew that he got his daughters with that, because his daughter hate to sleep early. He secretly smiled and continued to drive while his daughters sulk in the car.

“remember, I’ll be here 10 minutes before your dismissal, you should be here on time, if you are even 5 minutes late I’ll search for you in the whole school, you don’t want that to happen right?” the 3 sibling just nodded while fixing their bag straps.

“okay, go now, be a good girl alright?” baekhyun kissed his daughters forehead before he hop on his car. The byun siblings was about to turn their back when baekhyun roll down his window.

“bye, love yah!!..muah” the girls just giggled at their father being a sweet diva.

“we love you too.!!be safe!!bye” baekhyun gave them his sweetest smile before he drove off. Even though the father and daughters fought most the time, they still have sweet moments like this, since baekhyun is naturally a sweet guy, it just that his protectiveness for his daughters overcome it. Because of what their father did, they head their way to their class with smiles on their faces.

When baekhyun arrived at his office, his bestfriend slash officemate greeted him.

“hey baek” a tall guy with big spectacle and curly hair greeted him waving his hand.

“zzupp yeol” baekhyun greeted back as he settled himself on his chair before taking notice at the paperwork scattered on his desk, with a sigh he started to arrange his mess.

“how’s life?” chanyeol asked, settling his self on his table beside baekhyun.

“you know how is it yeol, busy, loud, frustrating especially if you have 3 teenage daughters taking care of while your wife is in the other side of the world” baekhyun sarcastically said still arranging the papers on his desk while his friend chuckled at him.

“when will rhiejin come back?” baekhyun let out a sigh remembering how long he will still wait for his wife.

“she still need to stay there for a couple of months” with this, chanyeol patted his friends shoulder knowing how hard it is for him. With his wife far away from him leaving him with their 3 teenage daughters.

As he promised, baekhyun waited for his daughtersaaa at their school’s parking lot 10 minutes before their dismissal, while waiting, he tried to do the paper works he didn’t finish in his office and take it home to do it instead just to kill time. After a few minutes he heard the bell rang and the students came rushing out after, just in a while he already saw charie walking towards him, he put his paper works aside to greet his daughter. He ruffled her hair before charie kiss his cheek.

“how’s your day?” he asked, he saw how her daughter scrunched her nose.

“it , my classmate being a dumb again” baekhyun rolled his eyes, it’s just typical for her youngest to be like this because damn she was the class genius.

“words young lady” baekhyun scolded, charie just pouted and sulk inside the car.

“sorry” she faintly muttered. Just before he talk again he was startled with a banging sound and found his second daughter who just throw her bag hardly on the front seat that created the loud bang.

“byun beakjin, what’s with that attitude?” he was starting to have a headache. Beakjin crossed her arms on her chest with eyebrows furrowed not meeting her father’s gazed.

“im talking to you baekjin” he sternly said, hearing his father’s voice beakjin gulp a little feeling scared all of a sudden.

“some kids picked on me, calling me tomboy” she muttered still not looking at her father’s eyes. baekhyun massage his temples and let out a sigh. He was sure that it was trouble again.

“so what did you do to them?” he asked with one eyebrow raised.

“nothing, I didn’t do anything and just walked pass them,” he felt relived knowing that her daughter stayed out of trouble.

“but they’ll get it tomorrow” he expect to soon.

“don’t do anything that make me called up again beakjin or you’ll be grounded for the rest of your life, arrasso?” beakjin didn’t said any word, instead she shut the front door hard and sulk on her seat. Baekhyun felt that his headache is getting worst so he avert his eyes to look for his oldest daughter hoping that she wouldn’t give him additional headache too. And again, he expect to soon. His eyes narrowed with eyebrows furrowed seeing her daughter talking to a random guy casually, they are smiling to each other with her books on the guys arms carrying it for her. His eyebrows twitched seeing their smile, how they look to each other, oh how baekhyun knows what those smiles and looks meant. Overprotected appa activated.

“riehyun get in the car now” baekhyun said emotionless breaking the talk the two teenagers were having as they get near him.

“appa this is kim min..” but before riehyun can completely introduced her companion baekhyun interrupt her.

“I said get in the car byun riehyun” riehyun just looked at her father with questioning looks before she took her books from the guy’s arm and muttered a thank you before she settled herself on the backseat with charie. Baekhyun gave the young boy a hard look before he get in the driver seat and drove off. On their ride home no one uttered a single word leaving them in an awkward silence. Even though the two younger daughter was in the bad mood at first, it all change knowing that their father is in different mood now, the kind of mood that they didn’t want to get into, the mood that make them back out, the mood that they feared the most. The one they called the “RAGING APPA” mood.

“appa why did you do that?” riehyun asked annoyed. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow,eyes still in the road. He knew what his daughter was talking about. The 2 younger girls uncomfortably shifted on their seat feeling the trouble coming.

“you don’t have the right to ask of how my actions are” authority in his voice was evident that gives shivers to his daughter but not his oldest.

“even though you act rudely? Is that what you want us to learn from you?” it’s the first time that riehyun talked back to baekhyun, she never did, even once.

“why are you so worked up with my attitude towards that guy huh? Who is that guy to you anyway?” rising his voice a little, baekhyun grip on the steering wheel harder.

“what if I say that guys is my special someone?” and that did it, baekhyun stop on the break hard. With wide eyes, he turned to look at his daughter on the backseat.

“WHAT?!!” he asked sternly. The 2 younger girls flinched from his voice while riehyun still not affected with his father’s outburst.

“he’s my boyfriend” he was in dazed all of a sudden, still looking at his daughter with eyes wide open. He bitterly chuckled while riehyun raised an eyebrow confused at her father’s behavior.

“you are giving me a reason to do it, so I’ll give it to you” the siblings look at each other confusedly. Baekhyun turn his head on the road again and started to drive again. They thought that their father just let it slip but they are so wrong.

“YOU ARE ALL GROUNDED UNTIL I SAY SO” that left the siblings jaw drop. Grounded means goodbye cellphones, goodbye internet, goodbye television, goodbye day out, goodbye music, goodbye comics, hello household chores and lots of chores.

“you can’t do that to us appa” riehyun demanded as they arrived at their house. Baekhyun continues to arrange his stuff ignoring his daughters. He was about to head to their kitchen when riehyun said something that made him stop.

“stop being over protective appa and faced the truth that we are not kids anymore” it made baekhyun hearts clenched, yes it’s true, his daughters are all grown up now, but they can’t blame him, he just loved his daughters so much.

“do you think it’s easy?” baekhyun said, hurt evident on his voice. Beakjin and charie was glued on their spot watching the fight between their father and unnie.

“do you know how hard to raise 3 teenagers when my wife is in the other side of the globe, do you know how sad I felt when you distance yourself from me because you are beginning to act like a teenager? No you don’t because all you think was your school, allowance, hanging out with your friends, all just enjoyment in life, I doubt you even think how am I doing, or am I feeling okay or not? Because all you think is yourself” with his every words, his daughters felt a stingy feeling in their hearts. They didn’t know that their father is hiding something like that against them. But riehyun still feeling in rage thinking that her father didn’t get her point.

“how about you? You are thinking about yourself too, you don’t want us to grow up and still want us to be your little daughters that crawled into you, but guess what appa, we are all grown up now,we make decision on our own, we have our own life soon and be whatever we want to be “ riehyun spat back. Baekhyun was taken aback, he didn’t expect that his daughter words can hurt him deep, his first daughter that give him smile for the first time she faced the world, the first one who called him appa, the first one who he cuddled every night, the first one who he took care of. And now talking back at him shattered his heart into pieces.

“yes, you’ll have your own life in no time and leave me and your umma alone together, is that what you want to hear? That’s our role, we raised you, took care of you until you have your own life while we are left behind after” every word make his heart sunk, he don’t want to tell those words to his daughter but his mouth wouldn’t stop from spurting words. He let out a sigh and turned his back against his daughter.

“I won’t change my mind, you’re still grounded” he sternly said, this is how he disciplined his daughters, he doesn’t want them to be used on talking back to him.

“I hate you” and with that, riehyun run to her room and shut the door hard.

 

“unnie you shouldn’t talked back to appa like that” charie said to riehyun. After the argument, the two younger daughters went to check on their unnie. They are currently on riehyun’s room sprawled on the bed while riehyun is doing her homework.

“charie is right unnie, you hurt appa” beakjin added. Riehyun let out a sigh, she knows that her sisters are right but her anger got pass her.

“I know, it’s just my anger snap like that and I can’t stop” riehyun explain before she lay beside her sisters.

“I even feel guilty after” she added. She noticed how her father’s eyes look sad after she blurted that she hated him. She knows how heartbroken her father felt when she said those words. She didn’t want to though, it’s just slip in , it took her by surprised too.

 

It’s been three days after baekhyun and riehyun had an argument, they didn’t utter a single word to each other that leaves the two younger girls in awkward atmosphere every time. Riehyun wanted to say sorry but whenever she looked at her father no words coming out from . On other side, baekhyun is still upset and decided to better shut his mouth whenever his daughters are around. Since they are still grounded, they spend their free time talking with each other while staying in one room, mostly riehyun’s room since it’s cleaner.

“unnie im hungry” charie said before her stomach grumbled. The two older girls chuckled at her while charie just pouted.

“let’s get food in the kitchen” beakjin suggested and they just nodded. They went out of riehyun’s room and head to their kitchen. Riehyun open their refrigerator and found the cake that half eaten. She was about to grab the cake and put it on the table when they heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen, they immediately hide afraid to get caught. Beakjin and charie hid under the table while riehyun squeezed herself under the cabinets. Baekhyun went to the kitchen to get a glass of water while still talking to his wife unaware of his daughters hiding in the kitchen.

“no, don’t scold them, they hate me already, I don’t want them to hate you too” baekhyun said from the other line while pouring his glass with water.

“they won’t hate me, im their mother baek, they should know what they have done wrong” they can hear their mother’s voice from the phone. They felt guiltier, ever since their mother work in the other country they didn’t called her often, and when their talked to her they just say hi and asked how is she and that’s it, they just let their father to do the talking but now their mother knew what happened and they are sure that she was disappointed with them.

“im sure they already know by now what they have done, they are still good kids, I know they felt guilty too.”

“it was all my fault baek, if I was just there with you and take care of them like the other mother should they wouldn’t be like that, they wouldn’t think bad about you” the girls felt a little pinch in their heart hearing their mother’s sad voice, they know that it wasn’t easy for her to be away from her family yet living alone in the foreign country and now, knowing that her children behaved badly.

“it’s not your fault rhie, you know they are already growing up, teenagers tend to act like that now, don’t be sad, I know it’s hard for you living alone there far away from us, don’t worry I’ll fix it as soon as possible, I’ll talk to them okay? Just don’t think about it too much” baekhyun said to his wife to comfort her as he walk back to his room. The siblings only heard their mother’s faint sobs as baekhyun went away. When they make sure that their father already on his room they came out of their hiding place. Tears streaming down on charie’s face, being the youngest she was the one who missed their mother badly, beakjin put her arm into charie’s shoulder to calm her down while riehyun wiping the tears in her eyes.

It was weekend, baekhyun locked himself up on his work room doing some paper works while the girls do the chores that was assigned to them since they are still grounded. When their works was already done, they spend their free time doing their homework, for the whole day, they haven’t seen their father, and they got worried thinking that he didn’t eat anything ever since lunch. So they decided to cook something special for their father but when they arrived in the kitchen, baekhyun is already there with apron on while stirring something in the pot.

“appa” charie muttered, baekhyun turn to look at his daughter and smiled, the siblings soften, it’s been a while since they last saw their father smiled at them, how they missed their father’s sweet smile that lighten up their day.

“ I cooked your favorite” baekhyun beam, all day he think on how to approach his daughters to make things better and he came up with this sweet father deed.

“appa” beakjin mumbled. Baekhyun just looked at his daughter with smile still in his lips with ladle on his hand. The girls started to tear up before they run to their father’s embraced all together. Baekhyun was shock and drop the ladle he was holding while his daughters were embracing him tightly.

“appa im sorry, im taking back my words, I don’t hate you appa, I never do, I love you very much” riehyun said while crying, baekhyun was taken aback at his daughters action but soften hearing those words from riehyun and hearing them cry. He hugged them back and chuckled.

“appa we are sorry, we wouldn’t make you sad again, I’ll behave in school and I will never call someone dumb anymore” charie added crying in his father’s chest.

“I’ll stop getting into a fight too appa, I won’t let the school called you because of me included in some troubles instead, I’ll make them call you because of my good deeds and awards” beakjin promised as he grip in this father’s right arm tightly like a koala. He felt relieved, he didn’t expect that his daughters will act like that, his stubborn daughters. He smiled and hugged them tighter feeling their warmth.

“we missed you appa” they said in unison, baekhyun’s smile got wider.

“I missed you too” baekhyun answered back as he sway them playfully. The girls chuckled softly. When they broke the hug baekhyun saw the tear stained face of his daughters. He lowered a little and wiped their tears with his thumb one by one.

“appa is sorry too, would you forgive me?” he asked while still wiping their tears. They all nodded eargerly, baekhyun chuckled and patted his daughters head before he kissed their forehead.

“come on, let’s eat now, the food’s getting cold” they all smiled and went to sit on the table while baekhyun put the plates of food infront of them, the girls eyes twinkle seeing their favorite food. Baekhyun felt happy seeing their daughters face became bright because of simple things he make. He settled himself on the middle chair and started to eat.

“thank you appa for the food” charie beamed before she take a bite of her food. Baekhyun ruffled her hair and chuckled a little.

“I want to tell you something” baekhyun blurted out suddenly, the girls all stop from eating and looked at their father. baekhyun widely smiled them.

“umma’s going to be back next month” he beamed, the girls squealed in happiness.

“yehey..!!we are going to taste umma’s cooking again!!” charie exclaim happily.

“yah, do you hate my cooking?” baekhyun jokingly said while pouting, charie laugh a little while shooking her head.

“aniyo appa, I just missed umma’s cooking” charie answered,

“you must be or else I’ll be hurt” they all laugh seeing the fake pained look of their father.

“by the way, riehyun, tell me the truth, that boy, is he really your boyfriend?” riehyun widen her eyes. the two younger girls snickered seeing the faint red on their unnie’s cheeks.

“ani appa, he was just courting me” she nervously said, baekhyun let out an inaudible sigh and look at his daughters.

“if that so, then I invite him here, I don’t want him to court you outside, it’s more formal if he visits you here in the house” the girls widen their eyes, they can’t believe that their father’s agreeing to let a boy into their house let alone knowing his intentions on courting one of them. They smiled widely and squealed.

“really appa? You’re okay with someone courting us?” beakjin beamed. Baekhyun nodded smiling a little seeing his daughters become hyper all of a sudden.

“but don’t take advantage okay, I don’t want funny business” baekhyun said with his fake smile that makes his daughter’s shuddered.

“appa!!” they whined.

“what? I’ve been a teenager too, I know how it works” baekhyun gave them a playful wink while the girls fake a gagged before they all burst into laughter. Baekhyun felt relieved hearing his daughter’s laughter. Yes, it’s hard to raised 3 teenage daughters, he faced with their stubbornness and complaints, they have arguments over simple things, but they made him happy too. They made him happy with their simple things too, he realized that they can’t stay as his little princesses playing around on his castle. But they can be his grown up daughters who can make him proud and made him the happiest king on the whole universe.

 

 

 

*woah..baekhyun's story is the longest so far..^^

hope you like it..and again for the nth time "sorry for the typos and wrong grammar." :)

enjoy!!..i hope this story made sense though..:(

i'll update soon..^^*