Father's Precious One

A Father's Story

 

 

“I told you I don’t want to live there” shout the girl to her mother as she stomp her feet on the ground.

“don’t you want to see your dad? “ her mother said as she shove her daughter’s clothes on her luggage.

“does he even know he have a daughter?” the teenage girl spat back sternly with arm crossed showing that she was not amused with her mother.

“will you stop being a brat? I know your father hasn’t spent time with you but he loves you more than you know. And you’ll just live there for summer break.” She still crossed her arms annoyed by her mother’s decision.

“fine, I don’t even have a choice, do i?” her mother smile secretly as she storm out of her room.

 

At the airport

“your father will be the one to fetch you at the airport” her mother said, with her back pack on and a medium size luggage on the other hand. She just nods at her mother emotionless. She was still upset, yes, she haven’t seen her father for a long time now but she don’t want to see him, most likely spent her precious summer break with him. Then suddenly her mother hugged her that surprised her.

“yah lu minji behave there ok? I don’t want your father to complain to me that you are being a brat. And i’m going to miss you so much” she soften hearing that her mother will miss her, she never been away with her mother that long and this is the first time, she stop herself from crying.

“yeah mom, im going to miss you too, take care here and don’t over work yourself too much since im not here” she said as she broke the hug, her mother just smile at her and patted her head.

“go now, you’ll be late for your flight and be careful there okay?!”

“it will be better if im going to be late so that I won’t be leaving you here” she said but her mother just shove her, she hissed and turn to look at her, she just smile and wave. With a heavy sigh she continue to walk dragging her luggage with her.

 

Luhan’s pov

“hyung what time she’ll be here? We’ve been waiting here for an hour already” sehun whined, I rolled my eyes and ignore him.

“sehun, we just came early because luhan hyung is so excited to see her, her plane will land in a couple of minutes by now” and sehun whine again..seriously, how old is he now? And he still whine like a kid.

“sehun stop whining, you irritate me” I said with my eyes still roaming around the airport. Yes it was true, I came here 1 hour ahead of her arrival, I don’t want to be late though, I’ve never seen her for almost 7 years now, I only see her in the pictures that her mother send to me, my daughter is already a pretty 14 years old, me and her mother have her when we are still young as her, it just happen okay?!, I remember the time when she was still little, we were playing tag and she squeal cutely at me and call me baba over and over again, but then I need to leave her and work away from her, at first i was really upset but then it’s for her anyway, it’s for her own good. Me and her mother didn’t work out like we want too, we got a mutual arrangement about our daughter so it’s still fine to me.

“oh hyung her plane already arrive” jongin’s voice snap me out of my daydream. I started to feel nervous all of a sudden,after a few minutes I heard tao’s voice echoing in my ear.

“oh there she is, with the apple green luggage!!” they all turn to look at where tao was pointing. I hesitantly turn my head to see her,

“she look like luhan” I heard xuimin said. I got Goosebumps hearing it from them.

“yeah, she’s pretty for a teenage girl” chen added, and I feel cold.

“oh hey..!!lu minji..!!your’e lu minji right?” chanyeol yell at the little girl, she widen her eyes for a moment then hesitantly walk towards us, I was frozen in my spot, my little girl is now grown up.

“how do you know my name?are you by any chance my father?” she look at chanyeol with furrowed eyebrows, everyone chuckle at her. her voice, her voice is different now from what I remember when she called me baba.

“eerr no, im not your father, im too young to be your father” chanyeol awkwardly told her, then kris push me infront, she look at me with her bambi eyes like mine, then it sparkle like she recognize me.

“well, he is your father” kris said, she look at me softly, I can’t stand it any longer so I hugged her tightly, I’ve been longing to hug her, she hesitantly hug me back, I can feel that she’s not comfortable, maybe because she’s still not use to me.

“I’ve missed you so much baobei” I sincerely said to her, I was waiting for her reply but she just broke the hug, I look at her eyes and it’s sparkling with tears?

“b..bb..baba..” she said and that’s it, I lost my control and I cried infront of her.

“im so happy that I finally see you baobei, baba is so happy and  im crying now” my tears still flowing from my eyes, I don’t care if the boys saw me like this, for 7 years I’ve been longing for my daughter, and now that she’s here with me, I’ll do everything to make her happy.

End of pov

 

Lu minji’s pov

I was already in my room that baba prepared for me, it’s so cute, and the bed is so soft, I already finish arranging my stuff, and here I am enjoying the warmth of my bed for the whole summer break, I can’t believe that im here with baba now, yes I’m supposed to be mad at him but as soon as I saw him, memories of my childhood with him flashback in my mind. Truth to be told, I actually miss him really bad, im a baba’s girl originally, he was with me all the time even though him and mama aren’t in good terms that time, he played with me nonstop and bought whatever I want, I was just so broken when he leave me, and when I saw his face a while ago tears manage to slip from my eyes, he was the same baba like before, he just matured a little. But I shouldn’t let my guard down, eventually I’ll return back home and he’ll be left here, we will separate again.

“minji? Are you asleep already?dinner’s ready..” that was baba knocking in my door.

“I’ll be down in a minute” I replied back, I hear him chuckle.

“ok, your uncle kyungsoo cook for us” then I heard his footstep, maybe he went downstairs already. Baba’s friends are kind of weird but most of them are funny so I like them, I change my clothes and went downstairs. I can hear their laughter’s even when im in the stairs.

“minji come and eat now, take a seat beside your baba” uncle kyungsoo said, I already memorize their names since they force me to though. I smile at him and went to take a seat beside baba.

“eat a lot ok?, next time I’ll cook for you” baba said while filling my plate with foods, I awkwardly smile at him.

“hyung don’t make her fat, girls don’t want to be fat” uncle sehun said while gobbling his dinner.

“None of your business oh sehun, just eat your dinner” baba gave uncle sehun an evil glare and uncle stiffened a little, I smile secretly seeing them bickering like that.

After dinner, uncle tao and uncle sehun wash the dishes, I offered to help but baba don’t want me to help them, then the uncle’s bid goodbye after, baba, me, uncle tao, uncle yixing and uncle kris are  left in the house. I found out that they are housemate including uncle chen and uncle xuimin but they need to sleep over at the other uncle’s house for their work. I bid goodnight to them and went to my room, I easily fall asleep since im exhausted.

I suddenly woke up feeling thirsty, I grab my phone and found that it’s only 1 am, since my throat felt dry I decide to go down the kitchen to drink some water, I was already in the stair when I heard people talking downstairs.

“still working?” I recognize uncle kris voice

“yeah, I need to finish this so that I can have a lot of time for minji” that’s baba, I stop on my tracks and take a peek at them.

“ your’e abusing yourself luhan”

“im okay kris, as long as it’s for my daughter I don’t need to think for myself and besides this is the only time I’ll have a chance to be with her” baba smilingly said to uncle kris, I soften at baba’s word, did he really missed me that much?

“okay I understand, but don’t you think your daughter been acting a little cold to you”

“I can feel it, I lie if I say I wasn’t hurt but I understand her, we been apart for 7 years and I know that she hate me for some reason.” Baba is hurt, I hurt him..but that was my motive in the first place right? To hurt him like he did to me.

 

End of pov

It’s already half of summer break and minji still acting cold towards her father. she always act like a brat towards her father but luhan never snap at her, he just always let a sigh and let her daughter act like that, it totally pained him, his daughter hate him.

“yeah, she’s good, she was actually very polite towards my friends” minji was on her way going to her room when she heard her father’s voice talking on the phone.

“nope, she was behaving here” she stop on her tracks and take a peek on her father’s room, all she can see is her father’s back.

“ luhan don’t lie to me” she widen her eyes when she realize who is in the other line, it was her mother.

“im not lying minha,”

“I know it luhan, just give her time okay?”

“im really okay, and yeah im giving her enough time to adjust living with me, it’s just for her summer break anyway” she can hear the sadness in her father’s voice, it pain her a little, so she went to her room and cry.

Lu Minji’s pov

I only have 2 weeks left here with baba, I don’t know but I feel guilty acting cold towards him, he was still my baba. I was sitting in the balcony when I felt a presence in my side. I turn to look and I found uncle yixing sitting on the other side. Well, we don’t talk that much like the other uncle’s, because I found him very quiet. So I was fidgeting on my seat when he speaks to me.

“do you really want to waste your time being cold to your baba than to spend it with him happily?” I widen my eyes and look at him, he’s still have his calm face.

“I don’t know what you are talking about uncle” I nervously said to him.

“You’re not just hurting your baba, you’re hurting yourself too.” I lowered my head, uncle yixing was right, I was hurting myself too. Then he went towards me and patted my head.

“make this right, that’s what your baba was doing right now, so you better do your part too” I look at him and nod, uncle yixing just smile at me. I stayed there frozen, all I think is what uncle yixing told me, I need to do my part as baba’s daughter, i hurriedly went inside the house and search for baba,

“baba are you going to take me out again tomorrow?” 7 year old minji asked her father as she tucked her to bed.

“of course, baba will be here tomorrow,the next day and the next next day, everyday baba will be here with you and in your heart, don’t forget that okay?” minji beam and nod at her father. luhan hug her tightly and a tear slip in his eyes. He immediately wipe his tears away and kiss his daughter’s forehead.

“goodnight baobei, baba is always here for you”

The next day

“mama is baba here already, I want him to see the dress he gave me on my last birthday” minji happily asked her mother while twirling around.

“baba is not here baby, baba will never come back here” her mother said kneeling in front of minji.

“what do you mean mama?” minji confusedly asked

“baba is going to other country to work, I don’t know when he will ever come back” then minji started to cry.

“No..!!!BABA!!!BABA!!” she cried uncontrollably, her mother just hug her. she cried for a long time until she fall asleep.

“baba” she mumbled on her sleep and a tear slip in her eyes.

I wanted to see baba right now, I wanted to tell him how much I love him.

“oh baobei, there you are” I turn my head to see baba holding a photo album. He motion for me to take a seat next to him. A lump form on my throat as I saw how baba smile at me, I was trying hard not to cry. I sit beside him, I saw the photo album that’s on baba’s hands. “my precious baobei” was written in front. Baba hand me the photo album urging me to take a look, as I flip the first page i can feel that my tears are already building up in my eyes. Those are my baby pictures, mostly baba was with me, he took everything about me, from my first clothes, first bottle, first shoes, first toy, It was all about me. Baba preserve all the picture he took with me when we are still together and there is also the last photo we took before he went away. I thought that was the last photo but then as I flip the next page my eyes widen when i saw my photo the day I cried when I found out the he went away wearing the dress he gave me, photos of my 8th birthday until the photos when I graduated elementary and my photo when I enter middle school.

“I asked your mama to take your photos whenever she has a chance and send it to me, you know, I can’t stand not seeing you, you’re mama even send videos too, but as I receive those it always make me missed you more, the first month that im away I wanted to go back, to hug you again, to hear you call me baba but I can’t, it’s not my choice to leave you baobei, it’s what I need to do, I want to give you everything, I want to be the best baba for you” I suddenly hug baba and cry, I cry hard, baba was taken aback but hug me back.

“baba..!!baba..!!im sorry I treat you badly, I thought I hated you but the truth is I missed you so much baba, “ I was still crying hugging baba tightly, he was my hair like he used to when I was crying when I was his little baobei.

“baba I love you so much, im truly sorry, please baba let me stay as your precious baobei” I feel baba tighten his hug. How I missed his warmth. Then he broke the hug and lift up my face, he wipe my tear stain face and smiled at me, baba’s eyes are already teary.

“you are baba’s baobei no matter what, and baba is always here for you and in your heart my precious baobei”

 

End of pov

 

pardon me for using "baobei", i'm not sure if i used it correctly addressing her daughter as his baby..

just tell me if im wrong ok..^^

hope you like the second story starring luhan..