Father's Attention

A Father's Story

 

“you brat!!”

“!”

Kyungsoo massage his temple, he feel a headache is coming, he is currently sitting at their dining table while reading his newspaper when his two sons start to bicker in front of the food.

“assh---..” kyungsoo slam his newspaper down interrupting the word that his son was about to say. He glared at them and the two shifted from their seat.

“don’t you ever continue what you are going to say or you’ll regret it,” he sternly said, the two avoided his eyes and busied themselves by looking at other things in the kitchen.

“will the two of you stop, it’s early in the morning and you’re already fighting. When will the two of you stop fighting even for a day” kyungsoo scolded them, the two just ignored their father’s words and went to eat their breakfast. Kyungsoo just let out a heavy sigh.

“I don’t want to hear anything from the two of you anymore” then he continue to read his newspaper. He didn’t understand why his son doesn’t get along well since they reach their teenage year. Yes they have different mother but kyungsoo knows that it wasn’t the problem. His friends said that it was normal for the two teenage boys whose was short but is it still normal when they fight and argue every single day?  He kinda feel frustrated about it every time he heard them arguing and pained him when they bad mouth each other, they look like they’re not siblings.

Kyungsoo’s morning become less stressful when his two sons went out and head their way to their school. He let out a heavy sigh and started to get ready for his work.

“how’s the single life?” baekhyun, his friend asked him, they decided to meet at the café to catch up. Baekhyun is one of his friends that can listen to his rants.

“tsk.single life?as if I can feel it, try to be on my position and let see if you didn’t get a white hair by the end of the week” baekhyun chuckled at his friend, he know what is his friend’s problem, he heard it many time already.

“the boys are getting harder to handle, aren’t they?” kyungsoo nodded before a take a sip of his coffee.

“you don’t know how it stressed me so much, I don’t know what to do anymore” he let out sigh, he thought that they are already helpless.

“try to talk to them but talk to them calmly, I know how you got raged when you angered yourself” kyungsoo just rolled his eyes

“teenagers are sensitive, sometimes they just want some attention.” Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrow.

“they have my attention all the time, too much attention I might say” baekhyun just shrug his shoulder.

“you know, sometimes understanding is better than talking” that’s all what beakhyun said that made their conversation stop and make kyungsoo lost in his thoughts. Did he not understand them?

When kyungsoo arrived home, he was glad that it’s quite. He was already on the stair when he heard a loud thud coming from upstairs.

“yah you , you better hide yourself now” he heard his oldest jungsoo yelled.

“why would I hide myself when I can face your up face” kyungsoo’s eyebrow twitched from the bad words coming from their mouth especially from his youngest son kyungjong.

“what did you said?you wanna die?” kyungsoo found his son on the hallway gripping each other’s collar, he let out a heavy sigh before he massage his temples. His two sons still glaring at each other not giving him a glance.

“the two of you stop this immediately” but the two didn’t budge, kyungsoo’s eyebrows twitched from annoyance. He went close to them and pried them out of each other’s grip.

“you know what? Im so tired from all of this, every single day, every single damn day the two of you always on each other’s throat, and every single ing day I always said to quit it already but no, you never listen to me, I don’t know what happen to the both of you, you are not my sons anymore, my sons love each other very much not hate each other” then kyungsoo turned his back and was about to walk to his room.

“by the way, you are both grounded” grunts can be heard when kyungsoo walked away from them, he thought it was enough for him to pried to their business maybe now they’ll learn their lesson, that somehow he put a little sense in their mind. But he was wrong, so wrong.

The next day, kyungsoo is on his way to the grocery to buy some of their necessities when a familiar figure caught his eyes. He widened his eyes realizing that the figure was his youngest son kyungjong with a bunch of teenage boys looking like they are in trouble. Kyungsoo only gaped at the scene when he saw the fight between the teenagers. He saw how his son got punch and fight back. The fight stopped when the police came, the teenagers immediately dash everywhere to avoid getting caught by the police.

Kyungjong was running fast avoiding to get caught when suddenly someone shove him inside the car. He calmed when he saw the familiar interior of the car and then after his father was seated on the driver seat. He gulped knowing that his father was angry, he didn’t utter a single word. When they arrived home, kyungsoo shove his son inside their house. Kyungjong stumble a little, jungsoo was in the living room and immediately check what the commotion is all about. Time freeze when they heard a loud slapped. Jungsoo widen his eyes upon seeing kyungjong holding his cheeks while their father was in raged, his face was red from anger, this is the first time they saw their father like this, he never hurt them in any other way because kyungsoo love his sons very much that he rather be the one hurt that them. But right now his frustration all went out with his anger, he was so damn worried, watching his son fight like that makes his breath hitch.

“I don’t know why you are doing this things, I didn’t raise you to be like that kyungjong, I never thought you to be delinquent!!!” the two was frozen from their spot, they were both scared to their father at this time.

“do you know how I felt watching you getting beaten up and fight? I FELT SCARED!!my heart was broken into pieces seeing you got punch with blood oozing from your nose and lips. I NEVER WANT TO SEE THE TWO OF YOU GET HURT!! It’s the death of me if that ever happens” kyungsoo dashed out from their house and left his sons on their house. Soon they heard the engine of their father’s car and knew that he already drove off. Kyungjong was still standing, frozen from his spot with head hung low, tears started to flow out from his eyes. They might argue every day and bad mouth each other but jungsoo still cared for his brother, he went to his side and patted his head. Just then kyungjong put his head on jungsoo’s shoulder and let out a sobs.

“sshh, appa was just worried, he didn’t mean to hurt you” jungsoo said to calm his brother while patting his back.

“no hyung, it’s my fault, I disappoint him and made him mad” kyungjong said between his sobs, jungsoo might not know what happen but from his father’s reaction it might me bad.

Kyungsoo didn’t went home for 3 days, he stayed at his friend’s house, he asked a favor to their neighbor to look for his sons while he was gone for his false business trip, he was glad that they have a very kind neighbors. Even in his office, kyungsoo can’t help but to think about his sons, what are they doing right now, are they fighting again? Or worst, they beat each other. His thoughts got interrupted when his phone rang.

 

Kyungsoo immediately dash his way to his sons school, the principal called him telling him that he needed to be in the school right now, without wasting any time he grab his keys and drove to where his sons are. When he arrived at their school he hurriedly looked to where the principal office was, when he found it, he knock first before he turn the knob and open the door. He gaped at the next thing he saw. His sons were sitting at other side with small bruises on their face while on the other side was other students with their parents, he bowed and went to seat beside his sons. His sons avoided his eyes, afraid to make him mad.

“I’m sorry for calling you Mr. Do, but this is an important matter” the principal said, kyungsoo just smiled.

“no, it’s okay sir, nothing to be sorry about” he glanced at the other side seeing 5 beaten up students, they were worse than his sons.

“you see Mr. DO your sons were involve into a fight” kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, he glance at his sons whose head hung low.

“may I know the reason of their fight?” kyungsoo politely asked.

“they stole something from the science laboratory which is a property of this school” he refuse to believe that his son can do it so he face his sons.

“is it true?” he asked them calmly. Jungsoo was the one who look at his eyes first.

“no appa, we didn’t steal anything, it was them who did it, we just caught them on act and started a fight” kyungsoo heard a hissed from the other side, he believed in his son, they never lied to him.

“what’s the power of two against five, the teachers caught kyungjong holding it, that’s the only evidence needed” kyungsoo’s eyebrows twitched.

“kyungjong is that right?” kyungjong nodded.

“but I was holding it because I just got snatch it from them” kyungsoo’s blood boil hearing them scoffed at his son.

“im sorry Mr. principal but I think my sons are innocent regarding the stealing matter, you see, I raised them properly.” Kyungsoo reasoned out.

“raised them properly? How the hell you raised them properly when they beaten up my son” the parent of the other student exclaim.

“excuse my words Madame but isn’t your sons who ganged up at my sons but unfortunately got beaten up by them. 5 against 2, is that reasonable enough for you madame?” kyungsoo’s sons stifled their laughter upon hearing their father’s sarcastic remark.

“im not bragging or anything, but I am guilty for my sons behavior for beating your sons up” kyungsoo gave them his fakest smile before the principal cleared his throat to ease the heated argument between the parents. When the principal was about to say something, someone knocked on the door.

“songsaengnim a juniors claimed that they saw the 5 students trespass the laboratory this morning” and that did it, kyungsoo smiled widely while looking at his sons.

Kyungsoo slung his arms both into his sons shoulders. They are currently on their way to his car and go out to have a diner. Kyungsoo was happy that his sons and him are already okay now, his body felt light from stress instead he felt the happiness overcomes it.

“appa we are both sorry for being an all these years” jungsoo said while kyungjong nodded furiously. Kyungsoo smiled and ruffled his sons hair.

“you know, appa forgave you already, but I was just curious why you suddenly hate each other” the two look at each other.

“because we are fighting for your attention appa, when hyung turned 16 I saw how your attention solely turned to him, I got jealous so I act based on my jealousy and it got worse every year” kyungjong shyly admitted. Kyungsoo was dumbfounded.  Baekhyun was right, they are just want his attention.

“aigoo my son, I love you both equally, you are the only person in this world that I can’t live without,” kyungsoo sincerely said, his sons soften at his words, honestly they missed the times like this, the time were they bond together as boys, as father and sons and as a family. They shared laughter’s and story while eating their dinner, after eating dinner they decided to head home.

“but appa are you sure we are the only person in this world that you can’t live without?” kyungjong asked his father playfully, jungsoo stifled his laughter knowing his brother’s plan. Kyungsoo smiled happily and nodded at his sons.

“sure?’ and from the second time kyungsoo nodded.

“oh so you can live without a girlfriend then, you’re going to be single for the rest of your life appa, how pitiful..!!” then they dash towards their car and leave their father gaping at them. They were laughing while running away from kyungsoo, when kyungsoo came back from his senses he run after them

“yah, I’ll take it back, I want a girlfriend,!! I needed a girlfriend!!..i don’t want to be single forever!!” laughter filled the air. Kyungsoo was beyond happy that they are already in good terms now, like they are before. Maybe he might already have a peaceful day from now on.

 

*ooowwkkaayy..i got to update today..yehey..!!!

actually i change the story plot at the last minute, i don't know why?

but i hope you still like it.. ;)

"im sory for any typos and wrong grammar"

i'll double update today..

thank you for reading..^^