Father's Other Love

A Father's Story

 

“I’ve told you to dress nicely today princess because we are meeting auntie liz later for lunch, I didn’t say to dress for the Halloween, aigoo princess, what should I do to you” kris rub his forehead knowing that his 12 years old daughter aleyna is being a pain in the again. Kris isn’t dumb not to notice that his daughter was doing it to annoy him and he knows that she was doing it because she doesn’t like his girlfriend too. Actually, she was kris fiancée already and his only daughter being a brat irritates him, yes, he spoiled her too much. But what can he do, she was the only daughter of the almighty kris wu.

“but I want this dress” aleyna crossed her arms on her chest and pouted. Kris let out a sigh.

“honey, we are going for lunch, in a restaurant, you know? lunch? With sun shining so bright, people walking around, we aren’t attending a funeral for god sake so please change this dress to something presentable, when I mean presentable not all black okay?” aleyna just hissed before she blew a raspberry and went back to her room to change. Kris doesn’t know why his daughter disliked his girlfriend. His girlfriend is a nice girl, he can see that she was keeping positively to his daughters rudeness, it sometimes sadden him seeing his daughter act like that. A satisfy grin appear on kris face when he saw his daughter grumpily walked towards him.

They arrived at the restaurant to see liz, kris fiancée being as beautiful as ever in her white dress already waiting for them. They went towards her and kris hugged her, aleyna fake a gag when her father’s back facing her. They settled and ordered their lunch. Aleyna was quite the whole time while kris and liz were talking lovingly. She hated how her father’s attention was all over liz when they are together. When their food arrived aleyna eat silently not taking any glance to his father.

“honey do you need any help cutting it?” liz asked her sweetly, yes she was having a hard time cutting her steak but she have a pride and she didn’t like liz to mind her business.

“no, I can do it myself” she coldly said, liz just smiled at her sweetly before she nodded. Kris was praying in his mind that his daughter won’t messed up their lunch like before, for goodness sake he didn’t know how to faced his fiancée anymore if something humiliating happen again. Because she didn’t accept liz’s offer a while ago, aleyna tried to cut her meat when she accidentally knock the bottle of red wine in front of her that went to liz side and make her white dress spoilt with red wine, aleyna was dumbfounded, she didn’t mean to do that while kris immediately stood up from his seat and went to liz side.

“oh my god liz, im sorry” kris said as he took the table napkin and tried to wipe off the red wine from liz dress. She just smile at him without a hint of irritation on her face.

“no kris, im okay, it was an accident, I’ll just go to the restroom first” kris just nodded before he watched liz walk away. He turned to look at his daughter with a stern look while aleyna was quietly sitting on her seat.

“what is it again aleyna wu, didn’t I say that you should behave?” kris scolded his daughter, actually aleyna felt guilty, she didn’t mean to ruin their lunch though but her father think that she did it intentionally because, well she done it all the time.

“I didn’t mean it dad, it’s just an accident”” aleyna reasoned out but kris didn’t believe her.

“you were saying that all the time aleyna, do you think I would still believe in you” aleyna got hurt hearing that from her father.

“kris it’s alright, it was an accident, aleyna didn’t mean it, right honey?” liz said as she went back and patted kris’s shoulder. Kris just let out a sigh and glared at his daughter before he looked at liz worriedly.

“im sorry again liz, are you okay now?” liz nodded, aleyna tried to stop herself from crying by biting her lips. No, she didn’t want to cry in public, not in front of liz.

When they arrived home aleyna hurriedly went to her room and crashed herself on her bed. She didn’t feel good. She felt guilty yet furious. She never like liz although she was so nice to her even though she have done naughty things to her and be rude to her, aleyna liked her personality but she didn’t liked the idea of her marrying her father, she didn’t like the fact that her father’s attention was on liz now. She didn’t want to be left out.

It was Sunday morning when liz forced kris to let aleyna go with her shopping for a wedding dress. Kris was hesitant at first knowing that aleyna might do something again but liz told him that she was okay with aleyna alone, without a choice kris agreed.

“come on honey, they have pretty gowns here” aleyna just let herself be drag to the shop. She didn’t want to act like a brat today to her, she didn’t want to angered her father anymore. Liz happily scan the gown on the shelves, she found a cute baby pink dress for aleyna.

“look honey, it looks good on you, try it” aleyna scrunched her nose, no, she did that not because she didn’t like the dress, she did that just to annoy liz, well her bratty mood was now activated,

“you don’t like it?” liz asked her confusedly. Aleyna furiously shook her head.

“no, it look plain” she coldly said and turn her back at liz. Liz sadden a little, she knows that aleyna didn’t like her that’s why she was doing her best to get her heart. She wanted aleyna to treat her like her own mother since she was kris’s fiancée now, but until now aleyna hated her.

Kris decided to meet them at the restaurant near the dress shop, a smile tug at his lips seeing liz enter the restaurant with aleyna on her side. But he did notice the scowl on his daughter’s face indicating that she’s pissed off. They settled on the seat beside the window on the far right of the restaurant.

“I already order our food” liz just smiled at him while his daughter seated across him with arms crossed on her chest.

“have you choose your wedding dress already?” kris asked liz as he laced his fingers with hers.

“yap, aleyna help me choose the perfect dress for me” kris notice the glint of happiness on his fiancée’s eyes but he cannot say the same to his daughter. He knows that liz was just faking it, aleyna wouldn’t do it, well for now he was sure she wouldn’t do it.

“woah, that’s great princess, did you do a good job choosing it?” he was just going with the flow, he didn’t want liz to be disappointed to know that kris knew all along that their bonding time with his daughter wouldn’t work out like he said before. Aleyna didn’t look pleased at all, she was actually very pissed.

“stop acting dad, you know me, you know that I wouldn’t do it” aleyna snapped out, she was really pissed, liz was being so nice and smiles at her that annoys the hell out of her, and now she was telling her dad that they have a good time a while ago. Kris gave her daughter his stern look.

“stop it aleyna” kris sternly said but aleyna was not affected at all, she was actually frustrated knowing that her father’s wedding was coming closer and she didn’t want it.

“no, I don’t want to dad, you know how I oppose your marriage, I hate it” kris was fuming right now, his face is getting red from trying not to let out his anger in the public place, liz was holding his hands squeezing it to calm him down but it wasn’t enough. He was so done with his daughter acting like that.

“you better shut it aleyna wu or you’ll be grounded” aleyna widen her eyes, she never been grounded for the 12 years of her life and know she was because of speaking her thoughts out.

“I hate you” kris was shocked hearing those words from his only daughter before she dashed out of the restaurant, his heart crashed, he never imagined that his daughter would say it to him, never in his dreams.

“she didn’t mean it kris, she was just mad” liz was comforting him, he knows that she didn’t mean it but it still hurts. He faintly smile at her and squeezed her hand back.

“im sorry that you have to see that, I was ashamed of myself to act like that infront of you and im sorry again for her behavior towards you”liz gave her comforting smile that melts kris’s inside.

“no kris, you don’t need to say sorry, I understand, and I know how she felt, if I was on her position I would oppose to the marriage too but im telling you, I will do everything to make her like me because I can’t let you go”  she kissed his cheeks that make him calm down, her touches was the only thing that can calm him. He smiled back at her and hugged her lovingly.

“I’ll do my best for you too, so please never let me go” he was sure that she was the one for him, the one that will love him forever, the one that will be the mother of his child but the only problem is his own child, how can he make her like his fiancée? How can he woo her when all along she hated the fact that her father is getting married again.

When kris went home, he immediately head his way to his daughter’s room, he knocked but she didn’t open the door, kris let out sigh.

“princess it’s me, open the door, I want to talk to you” but only the shuffling of the bed sheet is what he can hear.

“please princess so we can sort it out, promised I won’t yell at you or get mad” soon the door went open, kris saw his daughter behind the door just pecking at him. He saw her red eyes and knew that she was crying. He immediately pulls her for a hug and swayed her playfully.

“im sorry if I made you cry” he sincerely said, he feel that his shirt is wet and the next thing he knew his daughter is crying again.

“appa don’t leave me, don’t get married, I don’t want you to leave me alone” kris soften, his daughter is almost reaching her teenage year and yet she still wasn’t shy to show her affection towards her father that make kris happy in the inside.

“who said that I will leave you?” kris said as he broke the hug and wipe his daughters tears. Aleyna’s eyes lift up and glint at her father’s words. kris took aleyna to sit on her bed but aleyna laid on his lap. Kris smiled and his daughter’s hair softly.

“I know you wouldn’t call off the wedding” aleyna said still laying on her father’s lap.

“yes, but that doesn’t mean I will leave you” kris assured. Aleyna let out a sigh and snuggled closer to her father feeling her tears will flow out anytime. When kris noticed it, he patted her back softly.

“listen to me princess, even though I will marry liz it didn’t mean that I’ll leave you behind, actually I was thinking about you too” aleyna lift up her head to look at her father’s eyes.

“I thought you needed someone that will guide you since you’re already growing up, someone who is a girl, someone who can be your mother, and you see liz is the perfect one, she likes you very much even though you’re didn’t treat her well, im saying this not because she is my girlfriend but I can see in her eyes how much she cared for you” kris saw the guilt in her daughter’s eyes, he knows that he was making her soft with his words.

“you see princess, you’re getting older now, soon you’ll be a teenager then you’ll have a boyfriend then after you’ll get married and have your own family, and me? I’ll left behind, and when that time comes it much better if I have someone with me that can be by my side every time, a wife that can take care of me and you” kris said still cuddling his daughter.

“you love her so much, don’t you?” kris smiled at his daughter. It was the first time that she asked him about it.

“yes, I love her like how much I love you” he saw the small smile in his daughter’s lips and it made his heart jump from happiness. Maybe aleyna is already accepting the fact.

“then if daddy loves her so much then I’ll love her too because what daddy loves, aleyna will love too” kris smile widely, he was never been happy knowing that his daughter already accept the fact that he will marry soon.

“and im sorry daddy, I’ll say sorry to liz too when we meet her again” kris hugged his daughter tightly because of happiness, the heavy feeling in his chest was now lifted up knowing that he don’t have problems with his daughter anymore.

“thank you princess, you don’t know how happy you make daddy” aleyna chuckled.

“daddy I can’t breathe” she faintly said before kris let go of her and apologize. She just laugh at her father and cuddle at him again.

“dad, don’t you think liz wouldn’t mind if I call her mommy?” aleyna shyly said, she didn’t plan on accepting his father’s marriage but after realizing that her father really love his fiancée and how kris explain it to her, she finally accepted the fact that her father loved someone like how much he loves her and she was happy seeing how happy her father was, maybe if she just accept it from the first place she wouldn’t make her father mad like the she never seen him before. But now, it’s all settled, and they are all happy.

“no, she wouldn’t and im sure she’ll be happy and freak out hearing it from you” they both laugh imagining the fine lady literally freak out from happiness. Having an almost teenager daughter oppose from his marriage was a headache and mostly heartache but kris was glad that it was over now and the only thing left is his marriage.

 

*it's the end!!!.

hope you like it..

and sorry for any typos and wrong grammar..!!

i've been feeling down for the past days since exo k came in our country to have thier concert..

i am stuck in our house and part of TEAMBAHAY..:(

it so heartbreaking not seeing them even though they are near..

that's why my update was delayed and im so sorry for that..

but i hope you like kris story..^^

*