Father's heartbreak

A Father's Story

 

 

It’s already 6 am when suho found himself entering a room where his daughter is confined for a few months now, his duty just ended. He was a doctor in the same hospital. He silently walks towards the bed and caress his daughter’s pale cheek. Whenever he visit his daughter his heart clench painfully seeing her state, seeing her pale face, seeing her fight for her life. He watch his daughter sleep peacefully while caressing her hair lovingly, how he wish she’s never in that hospital bed instead she’s in their house sleeping in her room and he can kiss her good morning. But suho knows that there is the possibility that it will never happen but he was still hoping, hoping that god will save her daughter and be with them for a longer time. A tear almost slip from his eyes thinking about the possibilities, he don’t want her daughter to be taken away where he can’t see her anymore. He watch her steady breathing, hold her hand and kiss her forehead wishing for his daughter’s longer life. She stirs in her sleep and when she open her eyes she saw her father lovingly gazing at her. She immediately smile, she missed her father so much even though he was always there when she woke up, she feels like she never seen her father for a year. Suho smiled at her daughter stopping himself to cry infront of her.

“good morning princess, have a goodnight?” suho asked her while he help her sit up from her bed.

“neh appa, I dreamt of a very pretty place” she happily said as she take a sip of the water that suho have given her.

“is that so? how does the pretty place looks like?”

“there are many butterflies with different color flying everywhere, then the flowers are all blooming beautifully,” she beam with eyes sparkling from excitement, suho just smile at her and caress her hair lovingly.

“I was running around in my dreams enjoying the place, but when I search for you I didn’t saw you there, even umma and oppa wasn’t there too, but there are kids running around playing with me and then I woke up” she pouted, suho pinch her cheeks and laugh a little.

“don’t worry, you’ll see another pretty place when you get better, appa while take you wherever you want to go” she widely smile at her father. Seeing her daughter smile like, suho almost give in and cry but he hold it and stand from his seat.

“I’ll just talk to doctor lee about you medicine alright? Appa will be back with your breakfast, I won’t take a while” he kiss her daughter’s head and went outside the room. As soon as he step out of her room, suho hold his aching heart and let the tears flow out from his eyes, he can’t take it anymore but he needed to be strong for his daughter and family.

 

Suho’s pov

“doctor kim I’m sure you know it already, we are both a doctor, I don’t need to hide everything from you. Your daughter’s body is getting weaker and soon the medicine wouldn’t be necessary since her body wouldn’t take it anymore. Im not saying for you to give up, but I want you to hold yourself and be strong for your family”

it still lingers in my head as I walk going to my daughter’s room. He was right, I know it already but it still pained me, it hurts so much that I can’t do anything for my daughter when I am a doctor myself, I felt useless. I take a deep breath and open the door to my daughter’s room, I saw her sitting in her bed with ipad in her hand. She looks up at me and beam and that’s when my heart breaks, it pained me every time she hides her suffering through her smiles.

“appa what do we have for breakfast?” I went to her side and laid the food I bought in the side table as she takes a peak of the food from my shoulder.

“your favorite waffles with whip cream and berries on top” she beam as I gave her the plate of her favorite food. She happily ate her breakfast and I watch her lovingly, I don’t want to think that the time comes when I’ll never see her eat her favorite breakfast while thanking me for buying it for her.

“appa let’s take a picture then I’ll send it to umma and oppa” she suddenly said and grab the ipad from her side, I just nod at her and went near her so that we can fit in the screen.

“ok, 1..2..3..” she was smiling wide in the photo, she immediately send it with a caption “good morning umma and oppa!! I’m with appa and we are having my favorite breakfast that appa bought me” I smile seeing it, she’s such a lovely daughter and sister even though she was painfully suffering from her illness, I feel a lump from my throat so I turn around and paid attention to the mess in the table. I was cleaning the table when she called me.

“appa look!!umma and oppa send a picture too” she beam, I went towards her to take a look at the photo, I smile seeing my wife’s photo in her car with coffee in her hands telling that she was on her way to her office and how she missed us and then a photo from my son with his soccer uniform on and a messy hair blowing a kiss. She giggled continuously upon seeing her brother’s photo.

“oppa looks like a blow fish with his chubby cheeks” she said still looking at the photo.

“and he was dirty early in the morning” I added as I hand her medicine, she put the ipad down and took the medicine from my hand. I arrange her pillows so she can lay comfortably since I know that the medicine can make her drowsy. And within a minute she lay down on her bed, I put her blanket on her body and seat on her side while I her hair lovingly.

“appa can you sing for me? I wanted to hear your voice until I fall asleep” she said as she cuddled on me.

“ok but appa’s voice is not that good” she just hum and cuddled closer to me. I sang her favorite song, I was tapping her arms as I sing while she still embracing me. My tears was flowing uncontrollably while I’m singing for her, my heart ache so much thinking that god can take her away from my arms any time, that the time when I’ll never hear her calling me “appa”, when I’ll never see her smile, hear her laugh, hear her cries, and when that time comes it will hit me hard without notice. That my angel will fly away from me and go to the place where she dream of, the pretty place that we called heaven.

 

End of pov

 

 

hope you like the first story..^^

and yeah i didn't put the ending where his daughter died cause it give me heart ache.. :(

feel free to comment what you think of my stories..^^

thank you.. :)