Full Moon

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

Jonghyun smiled brightly as Neela walked inside the kitchen to get her cup of green tea. Something she got used to as Key always drank it in the morning.

He greeted her and she smiled back, but it looked a bit forced.

Jonghyun noticed this and asked himself what could have happened because she was cheerful just yesterday.

“Did you sleep well?” Jonghyun asked, trying to not become too serious as he flipped the eggs in the pan.

Neela smiled and nodded, walking closer to him and looking at how he was cooking those eggs.

“You?” she asked, her voice had a slight tremble, but Jonghyun didn’t notice this.

“Great.” He grinned and turned his head, suddenly both blushing madly as they were closer than they thought.

Jonghyun gulped as Neela quickly took a step away.

“I’ll be in the living room…” Neela said and Jonghyun nodded slowly, looking at her back, walking to the table they would eat every day.

 

Neela cupped her cheeks and tried to calm down her heart.

Ever since she realized that this feeling was love, she couldn’t help but think nonstop about Jonghyun.

The feeling got stronger and stronger and her feelings were clashing with each other.

She, a mermaid, couldn’t possibly love a human.

Merpeople usually don’t even know love. It’s not only her, not one mermaid knew this feeling.

She bit her lips before them as she stared at the salad Jonghyun made for her, since she doesn’t eat meat.

‘I don’t want to leave Jonghyun…’ she thought and she didn’t even notice Key walked inside and settled on the seat next to her, on the other side of the table.

“Neela?” Key asked, shaking her shoulder a bit and she quickly snapped out of her thoughts.

“Y-yeah…?” she asked, still a bit dazed.

“Are you alright?” Key frowned, looking a bit concerned about her.

“Yes… I’m fine…” she said and quickly put on that forced smile again when Jonghyun walked inside the room.

“Let’s eat.” He smiled and it was like on cue that Key stood up and went to scoop some rice for everyone as Jonghyun would bring in the pot with soup, vegetable soup of course.

There was a silence while eating and Neela tried to speak, but she couldn’t’ as her thoughts were occupying her mind all the time.

Key noticed this and cleared his troath.

“Jonghyun. Can you take Neela out to play or something? I want to study because I’m planning to take an exam for one of the subjects for next year.” Key said.

Jonghyun looked at Key surprised, but was happy he said that. He definitely wouldn’t mind spending time with Neela.

The mermaid was shocked too and looked at Key with a puzzled expression.

Key shrugged playfully and quickly finished his breakfast.

“You can take the whole day, but don’t come back too late, got it? I don’t want something to happen to you two.” Key said dramatic and Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he laughed.

Neela smiled and finished her food before she skipped upstairs to change her clothes.

 

---

 

“What is this place?” Neela asked curious and overexcited.

People, mostly kids and youngsters, were walking around and people were laughing and smiling, some even screaming, though in joy, perhaps sometimes in fear.

“The amusement park.” Jonghyun grinned and grabbed her hand, making sure she wouldn’t be separated from him, afraid that she would get lost.

Neela looked at their hands and smiled before she followed Jonghyun who started walking.

“Amusement park?” Neela asked as she looked around, amazed by the tall and big machine-like things or the smaller boots with games to win fun things.

“Yes, it’s a place to play.” Jonghyun tried to explain as Neela tilted her head a bit to the side.

“Hmmm, let’s just play and you’ll get it.” Jonghyun shrugged after trying a few more things and pulled her to a rollercoaster.

“Are you afraid of heights?” he asked.

Neela smiled and shook her head.

No, how could she be when she lives under the sea?

Jonghyun would be surprised by how fast she could swim, up and down, so fast that it would give that adrenaline rush, making you feel great.

“Great. Because this is a bit high.” Jonghyun said and pointed up.

Neela still widened her eyes by how high the rollercoaster was and that it even had loops.

Soon it was their turn and they got inside, Jonghyun making sure the safety was there since Neela never went on a rollercoaster.

The train started slowly, climbing up so that it would fall only a few seconds later.

Neela smiled brightly as Jonghyun put his arms in the air, enjoying the fast ride.

The wind went through Neela’s hair and that adrenaline rush was there, filling her entire body, making her even more excited.

 

“That was great!” Neela said happily and Jonghyun smiled back, his heart beating fast, not because of the fast ride, but because of her dazzling smile.

They went on more rides and did the smaller ones too.

After playing around for a few hours, they stopped at a booth that had to sing in order to win something.

“Let’s do that!” Jonghyun smiled and Neela nodded, looking at the screen that would give the points.

Jonghyun saw a necklace as a prize, beautiful, made of colored mini pearls, forming a sol key.

“You want to try, young man?” an elder asked friendly.

Jonghyun nodded and asked how it worked.

“The small prizes you have to earn 60 points, 70 points, is the bigger plushies, 80 points, are the really big ones, 95 points and up for the mp3-players, the cellphones, the camera’s, the jewels…”

 “Thank you.” Jonghyun grinned and selected a song to sing.

The song started and the moment Jonghyun started to sing, Neela was already lost in his voice.

As a mermaid she knew what was a good voice and Jonghyun definitely has a good one.

How he reached those long and high notes was amazing and Neela was humming along softly, lost by the music.

The song ended and Jonghyun looked at the screen hopefully, waiting for the points.

“ 96!!” the elder man said surprised and he congratulated Jonghyun who gave Neela a peace sign, grinning widely.

She giggled softly as he chose the necklace.

“Here.” Jonghyun smiled as they walked around again.

“What’s this?” Neela asked?

“The prize from the singing boot. For you.” He shrugged and put it on for her.

She held it with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter