Her Knight, Their Standoff

A Star in the Making

Kai, Kris, and the other EXO members who had gone to visit Amber in the hospital stepped quietly into their dorm still thinking about Amber’s troubled past.

“How do you think she survived that?” Suho asked quietly. “The physical abuse and the guilt she went through…”

All the members nodded and sat down on the couch in the living room. Hearing a door open and close, they noticed Luhan and Xiumin walking towards the rest of their members and grabbing a seat.

“Yo, where’d you guys go?” Xiumin asked as he snacked on a piece of bread.

“To visit Amber in the hospital.” Kris replied. “Did you know she’s debuting in August? We’re helping her move into the dorm across the hall tomorrow once she’s released.”

Xiumin smiled and nodded his head, agreeing to help. Luhan, however, tsked and turned his head with a roll of his eyes.

“Do you have something to say?” Kai growled at him.

“Yeah, I don’t see what all the hype about her is. Just because her cousin is famous, then she gets everything she wants? She’s had it easy.” Luhan stood up, preparing to walk back to his room, but Kai’s voice stopped him.

“What the do you know, Luhan? We can’t all be just another pretty face that was spotted on the streets. Some of us have worked to get where we are now, some definitely harder than you. And you don’t know half of what that girl has been through, so I would shut my mouth if I were you.” Kai pushed his finger into Luhan’s chest as he came face to face with the Chinese man.

“Kai, stop it.” Kris said, but neither boy was listening to him.

“Apparently you don’t know that much either, Kai. You don’t seem to realize the I had to go through for being Chinese, along with Kris, Yixing, and Tao, or the ridicule I got for looking like a ing girl. So before you start accusing me of not understanding, get your facts straight. My family disowned me when I told them of my plans to join SM, and I never told any of you because I felt that I could get through it by myself. I didn’t go around crying in dance rooms when I accidently ran into a long lost family member, and I certainly didn’t pretend to have a break down to get my way. I’m not a pretender like that .”

At his last offensive term, Kai pulled his arm back angrily and landed a punch to Luhan’s face. Luhan stumbled back, looking shocked as he brought his hand to his face, and, feeling blood, launched himself at Kai.

The boys grabbed each other and fell to the ground throwing punches wherever they could. The other members sat wide-eyed as the fight unfolded before their eyes, not really expecting it to get physical. After a few moments of the tussle, the front door opened and Chen, Lay, Sehun, and Baekhyun stepped in laughing, smiles immediately leaving their faces as they spotted Kai straddling Luhan’s chest and landing punches on his face.

Tao and Xiumin were the first to react, quickly getting up to pull the blood-crazed Kai off of a nearly unconscious Luhan. Sehun and D.O moved towards Luhan and pulled him up, placing his arms around their shoulders as they carried him to the kitchen to get washed up.

As soon as the other three had left, Kai’s face fell and he walked to the couch, throwing himself down as the members who were gone during the confrontation were asking what had happened to cause such a ruckus. Suho moved to sit next to Kai when he noticed the younger male biting his bottom lip and staring at his bruised hands.

“What did I do, hyung?” Kai whispered when Suho put his arms around the tan man.

“Don’t worry about it, Kai. You will both get through this and come out stronger.” Kai nodded and leaned into his leader’s embrace.

Kris looked at the pair as he walked into the kitchen where Luhan sat on the counter, getting patched up by Sehun and D.O. He would wince every minute or so as D.O would press too hard on a cut on his face or Sehun would brush his fingers across a now sensitive spot on his stomach.

Seeing the Chinese leader stepping into the kitchen, D.O and Sehun quickly and quietly put away the first aid kit, shuffling out of the room and leaving the two Chinese men alone.

Luhan ducked his head, attempting to miss Kris’ graze.

“Luhan, look at me.” Again, Luhan looked down towards the floor, hiding his face behind his blonde fringe.

Kris walked towards the older boy and gently grabbed his chin, pulling slightly to make Luhan look at him. “Lu.”

When his eyes met his leaders, Luhan couldn’t help the tears that pooled in his eyes and quickly started falling. “I’m so sorry, Kris. I’m so sorry.”

Kris quickly pulled the boy into a hug, letting the small blonde let his feelings out. “Shh, Luhan. I know. It’s been hard, I know. But that wasn’t right and you know it.”

Kris felt Luhan nod against his chest as the older man’s grip tightened around Kris’ waist.

“You know, you could have told us about your family. We would have understood and helped you through it. You didn’t have to hide from us.” Again, Luhan’s hold on Kris tightened.

“And you can’t assume about someone’s past without them telling you. What you said about Amber-ssi was wrong, Luhan. I can promise you she’s had it just as hard as you’ve had, so try to be nicer to her, alright?”

Kris grabbed Luhan gently by the shoulders and pulled him back to look him in the eyes. Luhan nodded as he saw the love and truth in Kris’ eyes.

Kris smiled and ruffled Luhan’s hair. “Good. I think you should go to your room for a while, just to relax and vent a bit. I can send in Lay or Xiumin if you want.”

Luhan nodded and hopped off the counter, quickly ducking out of the kitchen and into his room. Kris soon followed him out and went to the living room, where he saw a passed out Kai leaning on Suho’s shoulder. He nodded, and the K leader smiled, gently lifting the dancing machine into his arms and stood to take him to his room.

The remainder of EXO sighed and the tension immediately dissipated.

“So, anyone care to explain what happened?” Chen asked, and the members sighed.

 


 

A/N - Well this chapter was crap. And nobody is commenting, guys... -_-