A Family's Confrontation

A Star in the Making

The doctor entered the room, causing Minho and Dongmin to stand up immediately.

“How is she?” Dongmin said worriedly.

After finding her in the dance studio, Minho had taken Amber to the hospital closest to their company building. However, as soon as the nurses and doctors tried touching her, Amber started screaming, thrashing in Minho’s arms to get away from everything. They eventually had to sedate her to run tests and take blood. That was hours ago. Amber was still sedated, lying peacefully in bed, her cheeks stained with tears.

The doctor glanced at the sleeping girl. “There seems to be absolutely nothing wrong. We ran scans on her head, but everything is in good condition. We’ll wait until she wakes up and see if she’ll respond to us, but in the meantime, we need to call her mother.”

Dongmin nodded, but Minho looked worried. “Can’t we wait until she wakes up to call Mrs. Choi?”

The doctor shook his head. “Although she isn’t a minor, her mother still has guardianship over here, even if they weren’t in the same country. So we must call her.” Minho simply nodded.

The doctor left soon after to contact Amber’s umma, leaving Dongmin and Minho with the sleeping girl.

“Minho-ssi, you should head back to the company. Tell Lee Soo-man that we’ll need to push Amber’s debut date back.”

Minho looked at the skinny male, surprised. “Debut? Already?”

Dongmin smiled proudly. “Yea, her vocal coach has put in amazing words about her, and Lee Soo-man has been watching her dancing alone through the security cameras. He believes she’s ready already. She is supposed to debut in August.” He explained.

“But, it’s already May. That doesn’t give her a lot of time to prepare.” Minho said.

“I know, that’s why you need to go tell the founder about what’s happened and get him to push her debut date back.”

Minho nodded. He walked over to his cousin and kissed her lightly on the forehead before leaving.

The hospital was luckily within walking distance of the company building and Minho reached the back entrance within minutes. He pushed the door open and walked into the building. He continued to the elevators, and waited for the next one to open. Hearing a ding, he walked forward and was surprised to see Kai.

“Oh, hyung, how is Amber-ssi?” Kai asked.

Minho smiled and patted the younger boy on his head. “She’ll be fine, Kai. Don’t worry. She’s strong.”

Kai smiled back at his sunbae and moved aside, allowing Minho into the elevator next to him.

As the doors closed shut and the elevator started to move up, Kai asked another question. “Why was she like that, hyung?”

Minho lost his smile. “I have a feeling I know why, but it’s not my place to tell you.”

Kai nodded in understanding, even if he didn’t like it. The elevator stopped and the two boys walked out side by side. Minho allowed Kai to accompany him, but a figure at the end of the hallway made him stop. He could have sworn he recognized the stranger’s back. However, Kai didn’t notice his hyung’s sudden strange behavior.

“Ah, Daniel-ssi!” Kai called to the figure at the end of the hallway, turning at hearing his name.

Minho’s eyes narrowed as he rushed past a confused Kai. He reached Daniel and, grabbing him by the collar, pushed hi m against the wall. “What the hell did you do to Amber, you bastard?” he demanded. Kai could only watch in shock.

Daniel laughed. “Ah, Minho. Good to see you again, cousin. Haven’t you heard? I’m the new dance instructor for S.M.’s lovely new trainee, my wonderful sister Amber. She knows, by the way. I’ve already talked to her.”

“You , what did you say to her?” Minho demanded, adding as much venom into his voice as he could.

“I just reminded our dear Amber why poor appa isn’t around anymore. I was simply telling her the truth, and you know it, cousin,” Daniel spat back, his eyes narrowing at Minho.

Minho pulled his hand back and punched Daniel in the face, starting to walk away from the pathetic man now lying on the floor. “You won’t be able to keep her hidden away forever, Minho. Our umma will see her soon!”

Minho ignored the man and left both Daniel and Kai behind, stomping into Lee Soo-man’s office and slamming the door behind him.