The First Kiss

A Star in the Making

“You know, it’s not healthy to always sleep in the recording studio. Plus, there are eight of us, which makes it pretty cozy.” Amber said after stepping out of the recording both two hours later.

Jiyong sighed. “That’s true, sweetheart, but our dorm is too far and we need to get all of this done now.”

Amber sat back and thought for a moment. All of a sudden, she stood up and yelled. “What if we all stay in my dorm for the night? Manager Oppa won’t be home the next couple days and I have couches and pillows and blankets and actual food. Plus we would still all be together so we could work if inspiration comes across.”

Daesung sat up quickly. “Real food? Not cafeteria food?”

Amber nodded happily.

“And an actual soft surface and stuff to actually cover up with to keep us warm?” Seungri asked.

Amber kept nodding. Seungri, Daesung, and Youngbae crowded around Teddy and Jiyong, pleading with the leaders of the whole operation.

“Please, hyungdeul, we’ll be good! We need proper rest! And food! Pretty pretty please?” Seungri whined.

“Please? I’ll do aegyo! Don’t make me!” Daesung threatened, still on his knees.

Jiyong looked at Teddy and sighed. “Fine. But only tonight. We don’t want to be an inconvenience.”

The three and Amber jumped excitedly, all yelling at the same time.

“Alright. It’s 6 p.m. Why don’t we wrap up early and head over to Amber’s? Think of this as my special treat for you all.” Teddy said as he started shutting off all the equipment and placing all of their recorded work on a cd.

“Oh please, Oppa T, it’s as much time off for you as it is for us.” Amber jokingly hit Teddy on the arm.

He chuckled. “You know me so well, sweetheart. Let’s get out of here.”

The group left the building and piled into Big Bang’s van, talking the whole time on the 10-minute drive to the main SM dorm building.

The group got out of the van and made their way up to the 9th floor, laughing and talking the whole way. The elevator door slid open and the group piled out.

Amber was unlocking the door until she heard a loud voice calling her name. “Amber! You’re finally home!”

The group turned and saw Kris, Kai, and Chanyeol looking out of their front door.

Amber turned and greeted the 3 EXO boys. “What are you doing?”

“We heard a lot of noise and wanted to know which circus was up here, and then we saw you, beautiful.” Kai replied back with a smirk as he stepped out of their dorm and headed towards Amber. Kris and Chanyeol followed.

Youngbae exchanged glances with Jiyong when Kai had called Amber beautiful. Jiyong widened his eyes and shook his head furiously, signaling to Youngbae not to get caught in the middle of it.

Amber noticed the two’s erratic gesturing. “Yah, what are you two talking about over there?”

Youngbae panicked, but Jiyong only smirked. “We’re talking about how rude it is for you not to introduce your friends to your other friends here, sweetheart.”

Amber’s eyes widened and made an O shape. “Oops, my bad. Guys this is Big Bang and Teddy. Big Bang and Teddy, this is Kai, Kris, and Chanyeol of EXO. Big Bang and Teddy are producing and singing on my debut album, along with Luhan-ssi.”

Kris’s head snapped up. “Wait, you’ve been with Luhan?”

Amber looked confused. “Yea, he’s singing in one of my songs and he’s helping to translate my album into Mandarin. Why? Didn’t he tell you?”

Kai shook his head. “He hasn’t been home the past 3 days. Manager Hyung told us he just had a really busy schedule.”

Youngbae’s brows furrowed. “But isn’t he here now? I sent him home two hours ago.”

Chanyeol shook his head, immediately looking worried. “We haven’t talked to him at all since he began his schedules with you, Amber. We haven’t had concerts or stages, so we haven’t run into him.”

Amber looked at the three guys. “Are you sure he didn’t just slip by you and he’s in his room now?”

Kai shrugged and turned around, heading back to his dorm. The group trailed after him.

“EXO!” He yelled into the dorm. One by one, the members trailed into the living room.

“Whoa, is that Big Bang?” Baekhyun asked with wide eyes.

Amber shushed him and counted the members present. 11. “Where is Luhan-ssi’s room?”

“He shares it with me. 3rd door on the left. What’s going on?” Xiumin asked.

Ignoring him, Amber and Kris went to Luhan and Xiumin’s room and opened the door quietly. Amber sighed and shut the door. “No Luhan-ssi.”

The two went back into the living room. EXO looked confused, but Big Bang and Teddy looked especially worried and concerned.

Amber took a deep breath and looked at the group. “I think we lost Luhan-ssi.”

The room was silent for a few moments and then erupted into total chaos. Everyone was yelling at each other, accusing each other of not keeping better track of all the members. Amber looked at the group before she sighed. She lifted her hand to and whistled loudly, effectively gathering everyone’s attention.

“Has anybody just tried calling him and finding out where he is yet?” Amber said expectantly. All the guys exchanged glances with each other.

Amber sighed and stepped forward. “Xiumin oppa, try calling Luhan-ssi and find out where he is.”

Everyone waited as Xiumin pulled out his phone and dialed Luhan.

“Yah, Lulu? Where are you?” Amber held her breath as Xiumin listened to Luhan on the other line.

“Well, can you come home right now? Everyone’s really worried.”

Silence again.

“Alright. Annyeong.”

Xiumin pulled the phone away from his ear and hit the end call button.

“He said he was thinking. He’ll be home soon.”

“But where is he?” Amber asked in an exasperated tone.

“The roof.”

Amber didn’t wait to hear anymore as she ran out the door and opened the door leading to the stairwell. She didn’t notice Kai following her until he stopped her halfway up the stairs.

“Yah, Amber, calm down. We know where he is. It’s okay.” Kai whispered as he pulled Amber into a hug. She rested her head on Kai’s shoulder and took a deep breath, wrapping her arms around Kai’s waist.

“Yah, Amber, can I ask you a question real quick?”

Amber nodded against Kai’s shoulder.

“Is there anyone you like?”

Amber pulled back and blushed lightly. “Maybe… why?”

Kai took a deep breath and grabbed Amber’s shoulders. “Can I try something?” Amber nodded again.

Kai leaned closer to Amber until she could feel his breath on her lips. He looked at her lips and his own. Amber closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly in preparation. Kai moved centimeters forward and pressed his lips lightly to Amber’s, initiating the first kiss. After a few moments, Kai pulled back and smiled. Amber opened her eyes and looked at Kai.

“Amber, will you go out with me?”