Moving Day, Part 1

A Star in the Making

Amber smiled and hopped in her seat giddily as the car pulled in front of her new building. Dongmin glanced into the rearview mirror once the car was in park and smiled at the overanxious girl. “Excited, much?”

“Oh my gosh, you don’t even understand, Dongmin. I’m so happy right now!”

Dongmin smiled and shook his head.

“Well, lucky for us that EXO and SHINee both live here, so we’ll have help moving all your stuff in.”

Amber smiled and got out of the car, shutting the door behind her.

“Let’s go, Amber. I’ll take you to the dorm and then we’ll collect the guys.”

Amber followed Dongmin to the entrance of the large building. He flipped open a small box next to the door and entered in a code. “I’ll get you the code when you’re settled in. I know you’ve been here with the SHINee members, but this time you’ll be here as a resident, so things will be a little different.” Amber nodded, and the two stepped into the lobby and towards the elevator.

“So I know oppa is on the 3rd floor, but what about EXO?” Amber asked while the two waited on the elevator.

The elevator dinged and Dongmin smiled to Amber as he pressed the number 9. “The top floor?” Amber replied as she cocked her brow. Dongmin laughed and nodded. The elevator ride was short and seconds later, the doors slid open, revealing Kris and Xiumin.

“Yo, Kris! What’s up, homey?” Amber shouted in English. Kris laughed.

“Hey, baby. What’s up? You moving in already?” Amber nodded and smiled at Xiumin, bowing slightly. “Annyeong, Xiumin-ssi.”

Xiumin smiled, a slight blush evident on his cheeks. “Um, hi Amber-ssi. You don’t need to be so formal. You can just call me oppa.”

Amber brightened. “You got it, oppa! I’m heading to my dorm to get a look before we start moving everything in. Want to come?” She asked the two.

Xiumin smiled. “Sure!”

The four walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a door with the letter C on it. “Here we are, 9C.” Dongmin said as he stuck a key into the lock and turned it. He pushed the door  open and stepped back, allowing Amber the first look inside. She peered in and gasped.

Although the rooms were empty of any furniture, they were still large and intricate. The living room was large, with a large window covering the whole expanse of one wall, giving a wonderful view of Seoul. On another wall was a large flat screen TV hanging on the red brick wall. The kitchen was large, multiple pantries and cupboards, and a stainless steel oven and stove. On the other side of the living room with a long hallway and 5 doors. The two rooms on the right side of the hallway were a bathroom and a large bedroom with a walk in closet. Amber went across to the other side of the hallway and began opening more doors. The first door had another bedroom, this one with another walk in closet. This room also had a window on one expanse of the wall, allowing another view of Seoul, this one including the Han River.

“This will be your room, Amber. I’ll be staying with you across the hall.” She heard Dongmin call from behind her.

Amber went to the next door and opening it, glancing in quickly at another bathroom. She closed it and went to the last door. She opened it and gasped. Inside was a small practice room. A mirror covered 3 of the 4 walls. On the wall without a mirror, shelves and cubbies were hung on the brick wall. “This is awesome,” she whispered in English.

She heard a chuckle and turned to see Xiumin and Kris staring wide-eyed at the practice room. “You’re so lucky, Amber. This is awesome.” Xiumin said, awe evident in his voice. Amber laughed and walked over to him, giving him a peck on the cheek.

“Don’t worry, Xiumin oppa. You can come over and practice or hang out anytime you want. You too, Kris.” She smiled at the two.

“Amber, Kris-ssi, Xiumin-ssi, let’s get the other guys and go downstairs to start moving your stuff in. The trucks just got here.” The three heard Dongmin calling from the living room. They left the room and went out the door, Dongmin leading.

“So, the furniture you picked out is here, along with your boxes of personal possessions, Amber. Minho and s are already downstairs working. Kris, you and Xiumin go get your members and send them downstairs. Afterwards, we can all have lunch, my treat.” The two boys nodded and walked off towards their dorm.

When Amber and Dongmin reached the lobby, they saw SHINee unloading large boxes from the back of a truck. “Annyeong oppas, Minnie!” She called ecstatically.

“Noona!” Taemin called and dropped the box he had been helping Jinki carry. “Yah, maknae!”

Amber laughed as Taemin ran to her and wrapped his arms around her, lifting her off the ground and spinning her around.

“Noona? I thought we were the same age?” Amber turned and saw Kai had walked out with the rest of EXO. Amber smiled and ruffled Taemin’s hair.

“Ani, we are. Minnie just likes playing around.” Amber smiled at EXO and bowed. “Annyeong, EXO oppadeul!” The guys smiled back and replied, all in their own unique way.

Amber brightened and pushed Taemin off of her, waving her arms frantically. “Wait, get in a line, I’ve been practicing! Watch this, Minnie!”

Confused, the group of men obeyed and waited with curious eyes as Amber made her way to the end of the line.

“Chanyeol oppa, the giant.” She said pointing towards Chanyeol. The group burst into laughter, Chanyeol the loudest. “Also the best at reactions.” This caused more laughter, and Amber moved to the next person in line.

“Sehun, the maknae.” He smiled at amber.

“Unicorn oppa, Lay.” The others laughed as he looked away bashfully.

She went to the next person who was in line, which happened to be Kai. She looked at the hopeful expression in his eye and laughed quietly, moving on without a word. “Amber!” He whined, making the others laugh at his childishness.

“Xiumin oppa, you are the only one with monolids. It’s cute.” He smiled and hugged her, whispering a thank you into her ear. Amber nodded and moved on.

“Chen oppa, the troll.” He smiled. “The one and only,” he bragged, making his bandmates roll their eyes, but laugh nonetheless.

“Suho oppa, the umma of the group,” Amber smiled at the man. He smiled back and ruffled her hair. “At your service. I take you under my wing now. You tell me if any of my brats are giving you a hard time, okay?”

“Yah, hyung!”

“Hyung!”

“Suho hyung, how could you?”

Amber laughed at the group and moved on to the next person.

“Baekhyun oppa,” she began, but stopped when she noticed him jumping up and down excitedly like a child. “Childish eyeliner oppa. Got it.”

“Hey, don’t diss the eyeliner! I work it!” Amber laughed and hit his shoulder lightly.

“D.O oppa, famous cook and more motherly than Suho, so I guess you should be umma of the group. I’m sorry you have to deal with these brats.”

D.O laughed but played along, wiping a fake tear from his cheek. “You understand my pain,” he said, fake despair in his voice.

“AB style Wushu fighter panda Tao.” He smiled at the use of all of his nicknames.

“And Kris oppa, my English homey!” She yelled in English as she hugged Kris. He hugged back, eliciting complaints from across the group.

“Yah, why does he get a hug and you pass me completely?” Kai whined.

“Aish, come here Kai,” she called opening her arms widely.

Kai smiled and began walking towards her, but Taemin quickly intervened and threw himself into her arms. “NO! My noona!”

“Hyung!” Kai cried.

Amber laughed at the best friends’ childishness. “See oppadeul? Told you all I’ve been practicing.” They all nodded and agreed with her.

“But where’s Luhan-ssi?” Amber asked. EXO’s immediately darkened and everybody began to avoid her gaze.

“He wasn’t feeling well, so he’s resting. He’s having a hard time right now.” Kris answered quietly. Amber nodded.

“Yah, why are we the only ones here working?” Minho called as he passed by with Jonghyun, carrying a large and seemingly heavy box.

“You heard the man, to work guys!” Amber called.