When Everything is Too Late

7 Torturous Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up as the sound of heart monitor beeped. Your eyes fluttered open and a white ceiling was the first thing you saw. 

 

You turned your head towards the window slowly and breathed deeply. You put your hand on your tummy like you always did when you woke up from a nap or sleep. But something felt different.

 

Your tummy felt flat again. *As  far as I know, I am 8 months pregnant. Where is my baby?? What—* Then it hit you. You almost got hit by a truck and someone pushed you away.

 

You remembered the blood flowing out of your skirt. You remembered the blood-covered body. Your hands crept up to your mouth to prevent a loud sob.

 

Right then, Sungjong entered the room. "Oh, ~~~~~~~. You're up." He said softly as he sat on a stool next to your hospital bed. "S-Sungjong... W-What happened? Where is my baby?" You asked him as your eyes starting to tear up.

 

"Relax, ~~~~~~~. Your baby is safe. The doctor had to perform Caesarian on you so that both you and the baby will survive." Sungjong held your hand.

 

Your exhaled in relieve. "But.. There was a side-effect. Your baby is pre-mature and he is 8 months old when he was born." Sungjong sighed.

 

"What's wrong, Sungjong?? What happened to my baby??" You asked as your eyes widened in fear. "It's not that bad, ~~~~~~~. Your baby.. is deaf." Sungjong said.

 

Your closed your eyes as a tear trickled down your face, *Poor my boy..* "~~~~~~~, the doctor wants you to give the name to the baby as soon as possible." Sungjong said and you nodded.

 

You opened your eyes as you remembered something. "Sungjong, is Myungsoo okay?" You asked. Sungjong released a shaky breath and his eyes began to water.

 

"Myungsoo hyung.. He.. He might not make it. He is in coma right now.. It has been three days since the accident. He needs support from the mechanical ventilation to breathe." He took a deep breath before continuing.

 

"The doctor said, if he still can't breathe on his own for seven days, he is confirmed dead." Your eyes widened in shock. *Oh my.. Myungsoo oppa... My Myungsoo oppa..*

 

"S-Sungjong, may I see my baby?" You asked. His lips formed a small smile. "You can't yet. The baby is in the natal room. He has to stay there until he is in the right age." He squeezed your hand lightly

 

"Then how will I recognise him?" 

 

"Don't worry. You rest for a while and then we can view him from outside, okay?" He assured you and you nodded. You looked out the window. Happy that your baby was safe. But your heart was still uneased because of Myungsoo.

 

*Wake up soon, oppa.. I still love you..*

 

-------

 

It had already been 6 days. Myungsoo still couldn't breathe on his own and was still unconscious. Your heart couldn't rest well at the thought.

 

Although you hated him for what he did and he deserved a punishment, but you didn't think this was what he deserved. You were already released from the hospital but not your baby, Hyunshik, yet.

 

He still need a care from the hospital. It was noon. You were given a month off from Madame Madelline. You took care of Myungsoo everyday.

 

Sungjong offered to help Madame Madelline at her bakery as he had nothing else to do. You were staring out the window when the heart monitor started beeping crazily.

 

Panicked, you immediately call the doctor. In an instant, the doctor and nurses rushed into the room. "Please stay outside, Miss." One of the nurses gently pushed you out of the room.

 

You grabbed your phone and quickly dialled Sungjong's number. In half an hour, Sungjong arrived and ran next to you.

 

"~~~~~~~~~, what happened??" He asked and grabbed your shoulders. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter