Personal Realizations

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUNDAY

 

“You did what?!” Bom went ballistic after Chaerin had dutifully outlined her budding ‘romance’ – this was how Bom called it – with her temporary partner.

 

 

 

 

“Chaerin-ah! You’ve stomped down the man’s ego! How cruel of you!!” Bom sighed helplessly as the younger woman proceeded in choosing clothes.

 

 

 

 

 

“I honestly believe he’s used to it. We’ve been bickering for what, three years already. That was nothing new.” She shrugged casually and refused to succumb to the guilt trip that Bom has been using on her.

 

 

 

 

 

“The guy wanted to ask you out, to talk it through! That is some kind of development after three years!” Bom tugged her friend closer when Chaerin evaded her eyes.

 

 

 

“He’ll get over it. You know him, once rejected, he’ll be out looking for someone else to trash on. The guy can’t even hold on to lasting relationships, as what I’ve heard.”

 

 

 

 

Bom suddenly giggled, and Chaerin stopped her perusal of the lines of clothes hanging to face her friend. “What’s so funny?”

 

 

 

 

“I take it that you’re just scared.”

 

 

 

 

“Where did that come from?” her eyebrows furrowed.

 

 

 

 

“You’re scared ‘cause you’ve been having dark, irrational but-oh-so-good desires for that man yet your stubborn superior thinking brain keeps on rejecting it. Am I right? Am I? Am I? Hihihihihihi” Bom ended her speech with a sing song glee.

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, look, I was just coaxed into kissing Inspector Choi, it was a spur of the moment, out of character decision. You think this dress looks good?”

 

 

 

 

 

Bom shook her head.  “Ohhh, please. You’re scared this time ‘cause someone can actually match your wits, unlike your poor choices before. They were more like your boy toys than boyfriends.”

 

 

 

 

 

“They were not! Unnie how could you!” she huffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter