Mr. Bean's Demise

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SATURDAY

 

Seunghyun supposed that since Chaerin and he had done something intimate, multiple times during that night even, they would soon be all comfortable around each other – less hostility would even be acceptable. But he was in for a surprise when the vixen in question didn’t even spare him a glance the following morning, or the day after that. It was as if all that has happened had been a figment of his wild imagination.

 

 

 

He almost convinced himself that it was the case, except that their scent from their vagrant activity was still stuck on his office couch. He never even bothered to clean it. His ego was on the line here and that was the only reminder of his terse victory.

 

 

 

That did make their ‘relationship’ escalate into another level, but he was expecting it to be an upgrade of some sorts, not some awkward setback. Now, he found himself back to square one and he wanted to strangle her for acting such an immaculate . It was slightly mixed with anger because he thought this game has become tiring already, it’s been three years.

 

 

 

This dilemma brought the crucible situation they are in tonight. They were alone in the patrol car, on a stake out for any activity that’s about to happen. They’ve positioned their vehicle just out of view from the tipped establishment. Neither talked but when they do, it’s all a one liner, closed reply.

 

 

 

  The humid air didn’t help Seunghyun concentrate, the constant wiggling of Chaerin on her seat didn’t do it for him either and they’ve been sitting for three hours with nothing.

 

 

 

“I think this is a hoax. We better do something else more productive now.” Chaerin grimace, the sweat is starting to take a toll on her as she tugged on her shirt.

 

 

 

“Waiting is actually the most productive thing we have to do during surveillance.” He snapped.

 

 

 

“Alright, no need to be so grumpy mister.” She scowled on the side mirror, refusing to look at him.

 

 

 

“Huh, very mature.”

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

There it was again, silence has become their great barrier but it brought no comfort. It descended as an invisible blanket, and they were back to their own world. Then  – a scream, an ear splitting, high decibel cry from a pub two blocks away.

 

 

 

Seunghyun raced to the direction of the hysterics, Chaerin hot on his heels.  Just as they’ve reach the place, a shadowed man was scurrying on the opposite direction. And there lay in the dark alley, a woman writhing in blood curdling shrieks.

 

 

 

“I’ll go after the man. Call the back-up!” Seunghyun sped off, leaving Chaerin alone.

 

 

 

For the first time in her life, she was looking at the disintegration of human flesh. The woman continued to scream, looking at her. It was the look that would surely haunt Chaerin for years to come. Few seconds more and as her vocal chords burned, the screaming died but she continued to strangle on spot.

 

 

 

 

From a distance, Chaerin heard firing of guns and snapped back to the situation. She carelessly fumbled though her mobile and quickly dialed medics and their back-up.

 

 

 

 

By now, the bur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter