The Green Fairy

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TUESDAY 

 

A soft whistle greeted Chaerin when she was back to her office the following morning, she stayed up late last night to study more of her current case, and was now nursing a headache. Glancing up to her desk, she found Choi Seunghyun lounging on her chair, effectively making her blood boil.

 

 

“Oh please give me a break you twit, out of my chair this instance!!” she snapped before Seunghyun could even give her a piece of his mind.

 

 

“Someone’s grumpy. You didn’t have a go with professor last night huh? Or maybe his old bones couldn’t keep you satisfied all night? I, on the other end, can show you a good night.” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, but the only response that he got was a pile of papers smacked on his handsome face.

 

 

“Where are your manners woman!” he angrily stepped forward.

 

 

Feigning a thoughtful look, she hotly countered Seunghyun, “I don’t know probably somewhere in the sewers with yours!”

 

 

“No need to tell me that you stink but that was still uncalled for!”

 

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know trash cans could talk.” She whirled around and proceeded to her desk. Chaerin sat on her chair and went to sign some papers. She continued to ignore Seunghyun until the man slammed his hand on her desk.

 

 

“WHAT is the problem with you? Maybe some could soothe you today seeing your blonde bimbo didn’t satisfy you at all.”

 

 

“Are you jealous?” he stared in confusion. She actually considered that in a slight fracture of a second – the slightest if we’d be more specific.

 

 

Chaerin snorted at the thought. “As if. I’m just having a headache cuz I was up all night doing some actual work.”

 

 

“I was at work last night too, a lot of work actually, got me panting and all…”

 

 

 

“Ohhh please spare me the details!!” Chaerin groaned but the other just laughed at her misery.

 

 

 

“It was just work, with extra benefits of course… but that’s beside the point. I dated that e to interview her and to study some potential victim firsthand. I actually paid her to get some information about the clubs in Miari, seeing you were so busy being smitten with an old wanker.”

 

 

 

“Will you just stop picking on Professor Park!? And his not that old, he’s only five years older than you.” Chaerin clipped.

 

 

“Back to formalities, aren’t we? What happened to ‘Teddy’?” he pushed his luck again.

 

 

“Stay out of my personal life Inspector Choi.” She glared, her voice dangerously calm. It was also Seunghyun’s clue to be back to business. He cleared his throat before proceeding with his initial intent of the day.

 

 

 

“As I was saying, I interviewed that blonde hooker yesterday. I discovered that students usually litter around Miari on Wednesdays and Saturdays. And I was right in saying most of the locals hangout near Astoria and Club 797. It’s also interesting to note that there’s actually an underground party den under that innocent looking café near Club 797. Could you believe that?!”

 

 

 

“Can we access that club?”

 

 

 

“Only by invite.”

 

 

 

“And how are we suppose to get invited?” she frowned, not really believing he actually got those facts ahead of her. She was supposed to be the clever one here. Hello Earth!

 

 

 

“I already got the invite… from that blondie of course. A little bit of sweet talk was all it took. Easy as cake.” He winked at Chaerin and her heart automatically went to overdrive. These reactions are surely not what she willed herself to do, and a small blush dangerously crept on her cheeks. If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter