Deliberate Deception

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She didn’t know what to feel, she was disgusted and angry but a bigger part of her just mopped over the fact that her best friend was the serial killer. Her breathing came in short intervals the more she thought about her trusted confidante.

 

 

 

 She felt she needed to act this instance, but she also needed time to think of it. She wanted to face it head on but she’s scared of the consequences. Their enemy came closer than she think and now that she finally has solid evidence, she’s ironically at lost.

 

 

 

Chaerin needed Seunghyun, now more than ever – and fast, she’ll have to seek help in order for this to turn out right, she knows something is still missing in the puzzle. If Jiyong really had been involved, why didn’t he bury the cadavers away, if he’s any wiser? Why show it to people? Is this some form of propaganda? Her mind was running ten miles per second at all the possibilities pouring in her mind.

 

 

 

“We need to catch him for good!” She talked loudly, more to herself. Fumbling her mobile phone, she’d nervously called for Seunghyun…

 

 

 

“Who are you going to arrest now, Chaerin-ah? Another idiot?” A cold voice registered into Chaerin’s ears and she froze mid-step.

 

 

 

“Unnie? What are you doing here? Unnie, I’ve got something to tell you.” She hushed urgently from her desk.

 

 

 

Bom remained impassive, “Really, is this a secret?” she moved from the door and locked it.

 

 

Chaerin nodded, panicking on how she’d tell Bom about her husband’s deeds. “It’s about Jiyong… he’s – well…we have to – arrest him.”

 

 

Bom stared at her devoid of emotion, Chaerin tried to talk to her more softly this time. “Unnie… I know… this might be hard…”

 

 

But then Bom laughed, a hysterical, deranged and evil laugh that Chaerin had never heard of before. It was an anguished kind of faltering pitches, which stopped as soon as it started.

 

 

 Bom suddenly glared at her with piercing intensity it was hard to look directly at her, “How can you arrest someone who’s dead?”

 

 

 

“What do you – ” Chaerin’s been hit with a realization as fast a bullet’s velocity, her mind was suddenly reeling. Her eyeballs bulged out and her heartbeat hit constant acceleration simultaneously.

 

 

“YOU! How could you – Unnie why?!” she immediately went to her drawer and retrieved her issued gun, but Bom beat her to it.

 

 

“Don’t you ing dare get your ing gun, look up here Missy.” Bom demanded coldly, her voice seething with anger… Chaerin slowly leveled her pale face towards Bom and saw her already clutching her own gun.

 

 

“Why?!” Chaerin gasps. Her mind still reeling. “How could you!!”

 

 

“SHUT UP!! SHUT THE ING HELL UP OR I’LL BLOW YOUR BRILLIANT BRAIN AND SCATTER IT WITHIN YOUR OFFICE!” Then she laughed again, but her gun’s grip never wavered.

 

 

“They were just like you, you conniving ! Jiyong has been busy with his . He kept ing them every night and he never came home, and I was left to fend for his bastards.”

 

 

 

Her eyes narrowed and swiftly retrieved Chaerin’s gun from her drawer and tossed it towards the door. “You… you have Seunghyun’s now, and yet you plan to steal mine? You ing !” she shrieked and clicked her gun…

 

 

 

“Unnie!! No! Don’t! It was not what you think!” Chaerin’s mind was running wild. She knew she needs Bom to keep on talking, she needed time for Seunghyun to feel that something was amiss. She prayed his street smart instincts would just kick in now.

 

 

“Not what I think?” Bom spat, and snarled at her like a small prey,

 

 

“It’s true – ”

 

 

Bom interrupted her with a scream, her grip on her gun shaking,  “Don’t you belittle me young lady, I can do lots of things… you don’t know what I’m capable of!!!”

 

 

“I do… Unnie we do, we’ve seen every damn picture of what you are capable of. ” she responded as calmly as possible, raising both of her hands in surrender.

 

 

“You’ll be my next victim then…” she taunted while going nearer and angling her gun towards Chaerin’s skull.

 

 

“Bom!! Don’t… please… please…tell me… tell me how you managed to kill them.”

 

 

 

“I stole that idiot’s chemical vials. I knew they were poisonous. I heard Jiyong and him discussing his findings. I stole it during one of your pitiful reunions in school. It was so easy to frame the fool. All it took was a small amount of bribing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter