Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FRIDAY

 

Have you ever woken up in the morning, feeling and finding yourself in another man’s room, , perhaps soared, regrettably looking awkward like a llama and lying beside your co-worker slash sworn enemy?

 

 

 

Chaerin was feeling all of this, except she’s on her own bed, fully clothed, slightly soared and very much alone. But she still woke up recalling the very awkward events the other night and a bubbling feeling of regret underlying her consciousness towards her co-worker slash sworn enemy.

 

 

 

She even reached out to the other side of her bed hoping to hold on to someone after that mind shattering, underwear-soaking dream she had with that overconfident libido-carrying guy.

 

 

 

Who can blame her, really? He’s dripping with illegal and fatalistic pheromones, he should be banned!

 

 

God, she hated herself acting like a whipped teenager.

 

 

She just couldn’t settle her mind on things and she badly needed a kind of release. Her fingers weren’t usually helpful either. Thus, her very irritated and unsettled mood when she arrived in her office. She made it to a point of avoiding Seunghyun that day. Playing around with men wasn’t really new to her, oh no, she’s very much a veteran in this field, thank you very much.

 

 

She just wasn’t used to dominating men. She’d always prefer her way, and having skin to skin contact with that luckily handsome homo sapien is dangerous to her reputation and preferences. She just could not rationalize how she acted like a whimpering damsel last night, all principles and whatnot simmering in a puddle of lust, releasing her wanton side.

 

 

Inspector Choi must be having the same line of thoughts because all throughout the day, they’ve been sending updates and possible theories thru email only. It gave Chaerin some space to breathe and eventually focus on her work that day. She happily sipped her black coffee and hummed a tune or two. Her mood was beginning to soar come noon time.

 

 

 

Then everything went downhill.

 

 

 

A rapt knock on the door revealed a fuming Kwon Jiyong, signaling her to come into the interrogation room. She wordlessly followed and swallowed a lump of saliva when her line of sight caught the very man of her fantasy lately. Bugger.

 

 

She didn’t have a chance to ask their boss about the meeting ‘cause he was lashing out at them the second she entered the room.

 

 

“What the hell have you two been doing?!! I asked you to investigate, not up like teenagers on drugs.”

 

 

 

“Care to elaborate boss?” Seunghyun calculatedly asked. They were answered by a sheet of paper thrown on the table, with a message from cut out magazine letters. Chaerin wanted to snort, really, the originality of this man is amusing. She was about to give a smart retort when she saw her name on the letter and an explanation from their highly volatile boss.

 

 

 

“There was another murder last night. He slipped right under your nose!!” He bellowed the last word fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter