Forensic's Advice

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MONDAY

 

“He’s being difficult.” Chaerin sneered in frustration. They’ve just finished their first round of interrogation with Mr. Kang, all evidence have pointed him as suspect yet he insist he’s innocent. Seunghyun have relentlessly mocked and threaten him but he turned out to be a good in the psychological war department. They were now alone in the interrogation room, reviewing the meager answers that they got.

 

 

 

“Calm down, it’ll make our colleagues wonder if I’m satisfying you enough.” Seunghyun leaned on his chair, appearing calmer than Chaerin, a smirk gracing his handsome feature. “He’ll bend next time, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

“Oh shut up, your ego’s getting bigger than your .” She teasingly quipped, this time, without the usual malice.

 

 

 

“Then I’ll you with it.” He grinned, “I’m resourceful, you see.”

 

 

 

“Anyway,” Chaerin glared, signaling him to stop the jests, “… I’m ready with my interview with Professor Park, maybe he can back up our speculations and evidences with his account. Then we can finally nail down Mr. Kang.”

 

 

 

A knock on the door interrupted their talk and Jiyong came stumbling in, a nervous aura on his heels. “Teddy…”

 

 

 

“What? Is he already here? I’m just about to get ready to take his statement.” Chaerin busied herself compiling her paper. Jiyong shook his head and gulped.

 

 

“I don’t like what I’m seeing Jiyong. Snap out of it.” Chaerin demanded.

 

 

 

“Teddy’s been dead for two days. He was found lifeless in his office. A janitor found him when he was doing his rounds cleaning the faculty rooms. Our agents and some policemen are in the crime scene already” He solemnly said.

 

 

 

Chaerin’s face drained some color, and she steadied herself by the wooden table, Seunghyun by his side in a second.

 

 

 

“Seunghyun, will you go and get Mr. Kang, we need to question him again if he’s accountable for this.” Jiyong sighed. Seunghyun gripped Chaerin’s shoulders as a sign of assurance before leaving them alone.

 

 

 

“Here I thought we were almost done with the case.” Chaerin mumbled more on her own.

 

 

 

“I don’t know if I could keep up with this case anymore, it’s wearing everybody down.” Jiyong leaned by the edge of the table, sighing for the nth time.

 

 

 

Chaerin walked up in front of him and hugged him tightly. “It’s alright, we’ve got the suspect already. We’ll nail him somehow and give justice to Professor Park’s death.”

 

 

 

He smiled ruefully, “If there’s one thing that came out good of this mess though, it’s you and Hyung.”

 

 

 

“I’m… umm”

 

 

 

“Don’t go dumb on me, I saw you two last Saturday.” He smiled more genuinely this time. He stood to his full height, hugging his best friend lightly and kissing Chaerin on the cheeks. “Hey, don’t get me wrong, if you’re happy, then I’ll be very much happy for the both of you. You two need a little saving from each other. You’re both too fatalistic on your own.”

 

 

 

Chaerin grinned at Jiyong as she slapped his arm playfully, “ Seunghyun and I… Oh you were rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter