Possibilities

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MONDAY, 6PM

 

Chaerin frantically rummaged through her cabinet for some decent dress she’d be wearing. She’ll be late at the rate she’s going. Not that she hadn’t planned out what to wear, she was just not aware of their company tonight. She was planning on some jeans and white tee but Bom phoned in to tell her that Jiyong suddenly wanted to go to a fancy restaurant and had invited Teddy Park. He’s a relatively young professor at the Korean National Police Academy and teaches criminal sociology. Chaerin had harbored a crush on the man for a brief time while they were at the university so she is suddenly nervous.

 

 

If Jiyong has decided to set her up with their former professor, she really won’t mind. She likes older men, they’re mature and can actually handle some decent conversation, unlike some biual rabbit in their agency.

 

 

Huh. Choi Seunghyun. What a waste of tight he is, but she must admit the guy has some good common sense in his own street smart way, his rotten attitude just makes him so unattractive. Plus the fact that he was placed into the agency because of her dad.

 

 

 That’s right. Another demerit for him.

 

 

 Let’s not also forget that he always finds time to irritate the hell out of her, another point off the hook.

 

 

Huh, since when had she developed a scoring system for that creature anyway?

 

 

Her phone rang again, and she scrambled to get to it. Kwon Bom is never a patient woman. But she’s the sweetest friend she’d ever met, and has become almost like a sister to her ever since Jiyong married her.

 

 

“Chaerin-ah! Are you ready? We’ll be there by fifteen minutes.”

 

 

“I still can’t decide what to wear, you’re freaking me out! You should have at least told me a day before unnie.”

 

 

The woman giggled on the other line. “Just wear that y beige dress I bought for you a week ago.”

 

“But it’s too revealing! I have no intention of juggling my in front of Professor Park on this first meeting ever since graduation…. Urgh, that sounded so wrong.” She groaned but Bom just went into fits of laughter.

 

 

“Always the blunt one Chaerin-ah , just get on it as I tell you. I’m sure Teddy won’t mind. Bye bye!”

 

 

The young woman resigned to the dress since she found out none of her previous outfits would go with the occasion, it was either too prude, too casual, too flashy or too weird.

 

 

The Kwon couple arrived just in time and they were greeted by the very feminine appearance of Lee Chaerin. She opted for a simple make up tonight, wearing only a thin line of eye liner and some lip gloss, her chocolate hair cascaded beautifully on her back and she wore her favorite gold watch as her only accessory. The dress Bom was insisting hugged her curves demurely and the skirt covered her thighs short enough to keep it interesting but long enough for her dignity to stay intact. The most eye catching part of her ensemble though is her plunging neckline. It revealed a lot of skin but never really showing enough. Thanks to that somebody who invented the dress tape.

 

 

Bom squealed in delight and began ranting on how she’s so good at choosing dresses and make-ups for Chaerin. They’ve even plan out on another shopping spree along the way to the restaurant. She really didn’t mind the older woman. She likes having her around because she really doesn’t have any siblings. Growing as an only child could be lonely at times.

 

 

When they’ve arrived, Chaerin’s ego was pouring out proudly as she watched Teddy Park’s reaction on her. His eyes sparkled with appreciation and he was a perfect gentleman. Chaerin would definitely give Jiyong one of her power hugs when everything goes well this evening. Maybe hooking her up with an older man could work.

 

 

The evening proceeded with Chaerin, Jiyong and Teddy discussing the murder case discreetly and more on general criminal cases and the current situation of the judicial system of the country. They droned on and on until dessert arrived and Bom finally complained with their choice of topic.

 

 

“Can’t any of you stop ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter