The Right Case

Non Compos Mentis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If it weren’t for their deputy commissioner, who had the perfect excuse as one of her best friends, she would have had immediately said no.

 

 

An iron clad, strong, full of conviction, and swear on her mother’s grave NO.

 

 

But his ever persuasive skills, and some perfect amount of blackmailing got her to answer otherwise. Minutes ago, Kwon Jiyong stopped by her office to enlist her assistance in the latest murder frenzy in town. Seems like Korean pop isn’t the only trend as of late, apparently, some people find stabbing people to death and extracting limbs enjoyable too.

 

 

 

She’d be more than willing to help out Jiyong but the additional baggage of this mission is one annoying bastard that goes by the name of Choi Seunghyun. Yep, you heard that right, he’s the other friend of Jiyong. She refers to him as the other friend because they never really get along and she’d never ever consider him as a colleague, more of an arrogant brat who got a position because his father is the head commissioner of the national police.

 

 

 

Ha! She’d frown at the idea of people getting into law enforcement on pure connections while she had to work her off into various trainings and exams just to be admitted.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Chae, you know you’re one of the best people around, so I see nothing wrong in assigning you into the case.” The lanky man leaned against her office doorway, smiling lazily at her.

 

 

 

“Oh don’t you “Chae” me! We’re at work!” Chaerin puffed. “And that doesn’t change the fact that I still don’t want to work with him. If you’re giving me the case, then I can work alone just fine.”

 

 

 

 “You just can’t do that, he’s one of my best inspectors Chae – I mean Inspector Lee, you have to give him credit for that. And besides, I need the best of my people to work together.”

 

 

 

At this, Chaerin raised one eyebrow at him, “Rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter