14.

Heaven's Sent

•14.


 

          After what happened to Kai, Hannah told herself that she'd rather be absent for school rather than leave her angel at home alone, but Kai was to reluctant and assured Hannah that he'll be fine. If it was only up to her, she would've stayed next to him, like what he did for her when he had nightmares. There was something that just made her do what he says, maybe it was because she knew she could trust everything he says. She knew that Kai would never lie or do anything she wouldn't like. For as long as she could remember everything that Kai did brought something good to her. It made her a better person. He made her into a better person.

          Hannah took the bus on her way to school, she was afraid that she might get into an accident in her current state. She was too worried about Kai and it made her weak. She sat on the vacant seat next to the window on the last row of seats at the back of the bus. All she could think about was how Kai was doing at home. Honestly it felt weird for her to worry about someone. She never worried for someone like this before. 

          Kai, look at what you're doing to me.

          Her hand found its way to the ring that she used as a pendant. She was fiddling with it on her fingers. Holding it made her feel better in a way. She was tempted to wear it but simply chose not to, since it felt safer to wear it around her neck rather than on her finger.

          Hannah was greeted by Sehun when she got off the bus. Seeing as she knew Sehun was dropped off by his driver whenever he came to school, seeing Sehun at the bus stop was unusual.

          "Good Morning!" Sehun smiled and waved at her like a little kid.

          "Hey... What are you doing here?" She asked.

          "I- well, uh... Ch-Chanyeol hyung said we'd meet here today so I told my driver to drop me off here. Chanyeol hyung forgot that we're supposed to meet here today and he's already at our school." Sehun said pointing at the direction to their school.

          "Oh, okay then. Do you want to walk with me, or would you stay here for a bit?" Hannah asked.

          "Sure, I'd love to walk with you." Sehun smiled and started walking with Hannah.

 

          This was the type of moment Sehun wished to be in with Hannah. He was actually pissed off when Chanyeol forgot about meeting him today. He wasn't really the type to like walking around much. Now, he's actually happy that Chanyeol forgot, if he didn't then he wouldn't have met Hannah this morning. Meeting her made everything better. Their walk to their school was short and none of them decided to talk- they were both silent. It wasn't the awkward silence that you'd expect, to be honest it was the type of silence that calmed Sehun. He was happy that Hannah wasn't the type of girl who talked a lot. His heart was beating fast because of his close distance to Hannah, they walked so close together that he had the urge to hold her hand while walking. 

          Just hold her hand Sehun, just do it!

          His hand was starting to sweat. He was starting to panic, he held his own hand in an attempt to calm himself down and to wipe of the sweat from his palm. They were almost near their room when Hannah slipped on the spilled water on the floor. Sehun was able to catch Hannah- his left hand was around her waist, while his other hand held her left hand.

          "." Hannah whispered.

          "I'm sorry, I didn't see it." Hannah continued, thanking Sehun before detaching Sehun's hold from her.

          I held her hand. A line that kept on repeating on his head for the whole day. He couldn't forget about how soft her hand was and how she smiled just like her room. She smelled like vanilla, her calming smell was so addicting for Sehun. The more he thought about her soft hands and her scent, the more he thought that he was going mad and was starting to sound like total creep. The whole day he wouldn't let anybody hold his hand, like he was preventing it to get dirty. He would held his own hand most of the time, as the memory of him holding Hannah's hand replayed in his head. For the whole day he has this grin on his face that freaked out his friends.

          "Yah, Oh Sehun, have you gone mad? What's so funny?" Chanyeol said nudging him.

          "Oh- ah, uh. What?" Sehun said looking like he was lost.

          "Earth to Sehun! You've been laughing the whole time." Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo looked at him in the eyes and smirked.

          "I'm guessing something happened between him and Hannah." Kyungsoo said crossing his arms in front of him.

          "What! No! Nothing happened!" Sehun protested before eating a spoonful of rice, even while eating he couldn't stop smiling to himself.

          "Yeap. I'm sure something happened. That's why this kid is currently in cloud nine." Kyungsoo said laughing.

          "I envy maknae for feeling something like that for someone." Suho said, letting his head down.

          "Aw, come on hyung you have us!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in unison while hugging each other.

          "Shut it. Get a room you two!" Suho said throwing a crumpled tissue at the two boys.

 

          When Sehun came back to their classroom he saw Hannah bent down on her table using her arms as a pillow. She’s asleep. Yeah, obviously Sehun she’s asleep. Sehun was about to wake her up but as his hands were about to land on her shoulder, Hannah stopped her.

          “What are you doing?” Hannah groaned. Still holding Sehun’s wrist.

          “I- I was just about to wake up, because lunch is almost over.” And as if on cue the bell the signals the end of lunch rang.

          Sehun sat down on his chair while Hannah stretched for a bit ending up yawning. Sehun yawned as well, seeing what Hannah just did. Hannah just raised an eyebrow at him when she saw him staring.

          When the final bell rang Hannah immediately went out of the room, not noticing the Sehun was following him. Once she was near the school gates Sehun grabbed her arm to stop her from walking. His sudden action made Hannah furious, but once she was his face her anger boiled down.

          “Hey.” She simply replied.

          “Hey, I just figured that since you didn’t bring your bike maybe I should take you home. You don’t look great right now, I would’ve mistaken you to be sick to be honest. You’ve been pale all day.” Sehun said putting his hand on her forehead.

          “No, I’m fine. It would be too much of a trouble for you to take me home. I can handle it.” Hannah said smiling at him.

          “I insist! I don’t want you to go home alone in that state!” Sehun replied, with his hand firmly holding her arm.

          “Fine.” Hannah replied. She just wanted to go home and see Kai, she didn’t want to conversation to last longer.

          Sehun smiled at her and guided her to his car which was waiting for him outside the school gates. From the moment he held her arm, Sehun didn’t have the strength to let go. Even when they were inside the car he still held onto her arm, not until Hannah removed his hold on her.

          

          It was a short and quiet ride to Hannah’s house.  Sehun didn’t have enough courage to start a conversation and obviously Hannah was too busy thinking about what might have happened to Kai while she was at school. The moment the car stopped in front of her house she immediately went out of the car.

          “Thank you for the ride Sehun.” She said before entering her house. Sehun just sat in his car and smiled at her.

          “You’re welcome Hannah.” He whispered to himself.

          As soon as Hannah entered her house she felt that something was wrong. She went straight to the living room to see if Kai was sleeping on the couch, but he wasn’t there. She then checked all of the rooms in her house, shouting his name over and over as she opened a new door hoping he’d answer back, but he was nowhere to be found.

          “Kai where in the world are you?”

 

 

 


 

a/n:

Hey~ clearly I've been obsessing over long updates. Hope you loved this chapter! 

Comment/Subscribe/Upvote! Tell me what you think about my story! I would love to hear from you guys!

-iambrielleiant