10.

Heaven's Sent

•10.


 

"Omma... omma where are you?!" A little girl wearing a pink pastel dress cried out. She looked around and saw nothing but darkness. She tried to stand up, but the bruises on her arms and legs stopped her from moving. She kept on crying and shouting, but nothing happened.

 

"Hannah!"

 

She tried to stand up again as she heard someone call her name but as she did, she saw nothing but a silhouette of a woman. She tried to walk to where the woman was thinking that it was her mom but as she got nearer, she couldn't see her face, it was blurry and no matter how hard she reached the figure of the woman seemed to move away. 

 

Suddenly the woman turned around and walked away from her.

 

"O-omma! Wait for me!" She shouted. She was about to grab end of her skirt when she was blinded by the light followed by screeching sounds.

 

 

Hannah woke up panting, she tried to recall the things in her dream when she was interrupted by the loud knocking on her door. She ignored the knocks and buried her head under the pillow. After a few minutes the knocks stopped and Hannah was relieved and fell back on her bed to try and sleep again.

 

 

"Yah, Hannah."

"What the....How did you get in my room?!" Hannah sat up and saw Kai holding up the keys to her room.

"Give me that!"

"I don't want to. You better get up now we have something to do." Kai said before leaving Hannah's room.

"Oh, come on! Give me a break its Sunday morning, I'm too tired to go anywhere!" Hannah shouted back. She was supposed to go back to sleep when she started to smell something that made her smile.

"Hmm... Pancakes..." She then hurried out of bed and ran to the kitchen and saw Kai wearing a pink apron. 

oh my gosh he's wearing my pink apron pff... Hannah thought

"You said you don't want to go out of bed. Why are you here then?" Kai said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, you see... I suddenly felt like going out of bed."

"And?"

"What do you mean and? Oh... I was hungry~ Pancakes are my favorite you know!" Hannah just gave him an awkward smile and started eating the pancakes in front of her.

 

 

Kai couldn't help admiring Hannah's smile as she ate. Why has she rarely shown that smile?

"Hey.... What's that smell?" Hannah's eye looked like they were about to roll out of her head when she saw the pancakes burning.

"YAH KAI THE PANCAKES!!" Just then Kai was taken back to his senses and saw the burnt pancakes in front of him.

 

~~~~

After breakfast they went to the Hannah's safe haven. They both agreed on calling it KaeHan, instead of calling it safe haven which is too long. It has been 3 weeks since they last went to KaeHan, Hannah herself couldn’t believe that she lasted 3 weeks without going to that place.

 

 

"Hey, What are we going to do here anyway?" Hannah said, crossing her arms in front of her.

"Collect letters and read them... one by one. Then try to make their plea possible." Kai said as he makes his way to the mailbox in the middle of the field.

"Read... one...by...one...!" Hannah's eyes widened in shock. She's not really the type of person who likes to read and reading makes her sleepy.

"Yah, can you walk faster?" Kai said, shouting at Hannah, who stood frozen on her spot.

 

 

Hannah's eyes widened once again as she saw all of the letters Kai took out of the mailbox. They were in different colors, sizes and even shapes.

 

"Are we seriously going to read all of these? And first of all it’s supposed to be private!" Hannah said, taking a heart shaped envelope from the pile of letters Kai was holding.

"How do you think are we going to help them if we won’t read their letters?" Hannah just shrugged at Kai’s question.

“ ‘Our’ mission is simple. We give them the physical help they may need and I send these letters to heaven.”

“Are you sure this is even legal?” Hannah asked.

“ I was given this mission, and I’ll follow His orders, no matter what happens.” He replied giving her a reassuring smile.

 

 

Kai sat on the grass dropped the letters beside him so that Hannah cold get some letters too. Hannah did the same and started to read the letter inside the heart shaped envelope. Kai found a lunch box on the grass next to the mailbox, he didn't even think twice before opening it and eating the rice cakes inside, he even asked Hannah if she wanted some, but the latter hit him on the head.

 

 

"Yah! Why are you eating that?" 

"Well, would you prefer that if will get rotten or let it sit there untouched? Just take it this way, what would you do if you gave someone a gift and that person doesn't even take care of it? Wouldn't your efforts get wasted.”  Kai said, before taking another piece of rice cake.

“But still... It’s not for us.”

“Just appreciate it.The kid who’s supposed to eat this really can’t do that right, think of it as doing a favor for him and give an honest opinion about the food after eating it.”

“How do you even know that a kid is supposed to have this?” Hannah said, raising an eyebrow at Kai. The latter passed her an ivory colored envelope. Hannah read it and found out that the kid’s name is Seongju and he died because of cancer 2 years ago and was supposed to be in 3rd grade this year.

 

 

“This is just sad... He died on such a young age.”

“Hmm...”

“Wow, such a pure heart you have. You aren’t even moved by that?” Hannah said while taking a piece of rice cake from the lunch box. Kai smirked at her action and shook his head.

“I’m used to reading those types of stories. I get to read a lot of those every week.”

“Wow, this is really delicious.”

“I thought-“

“Seongju-ah! Your mom really made yummy rice cakes!”

Kai got cut off when Hannah suddenly shouted to the skies and giving a thumbs up as if she is talking to someone. He ended up staring at her and she showed that smile again.

 

Cute.

 

“Yah, aren’t you going to say thank you or something?” Hannah said, the smile never leaving her face.

“The food is really delicious! I hope your mom makes more!” Kai shouted. Hannah ended up laughing because of Kai’s lousy comment. The latter also ended up laughing to hide his embarrassment.

 

 

 

The sun was starting to set when Kai started to feel tired, so he lay down on the grass for a while. When he was about to close his eyes, he heard someone sniffing. He sat up and saw Hannah wiping her tears and sniffing.

“Y-yah, why are you crying? Are you hurt? Did you get hit by something? Yah!” Kai said not really knowing what to do, when Hannah looked at him, her face was red as well as her eyes which were also starting to swell. The former was left frozen when he was hugged by the smaller female, her head hitting his chest. He then started to make soothing circles on her back to calm her down.

 

 

“W-why are you crying?”

“I just got really touched by the letter I just read. Her story is really close to mine, only she's in a much worse situation, but at least she can handle all the pain unlike me.”  She said hugging him tighter. The situation they are in right now made Kai feel unusual, but he still tried to comfort Hannah.

 

“ I knew you were soft in the inside.” Kai said, trying to hide his smile.

“What do you mean?” Hannah said, letting go of Kai and wiping her tears.

“Everyone has weaknesses. Even the strongest fail. Some are good at hiding it while some are open books.” He replied looking at the cotton candy colored sky above them.

“Those people choose to smile rather than cursing and pouring their anger on it.” He continued.

“You should always remember that if you feel like your day just got ruined, start a new and better one. There will always be a rainbow after a storm, right?” He added, giving Hannah a sweet smile and patting her head. Hannah gave him a nod with a forced smile.

 

“Come on, let’s go home. You look like you need a long rest.” The blonde male said, standing up and offering a hand to the smaller female.

 

 

 

 


 

 

a/n: 

 

Hayooo~ Haha sorry for the late update guys TT TT I hope you like this  one~! :) 

 

btw I made a new fanfic~ hehehe its called "He came out of a fanfic" hope you take some time to read it :) 

I'm going to have alternate updates on that story and this one :) I know it wont be easy but hehehe~ (~***)~

 

-iambrielleiant

p.s exo's comeback is near *u* hueeee~