13.

Heaven's Sent

•13.


 

          "HANNAH!" A woman draped in pure white clothing called her name. The light behind her made her shine brighter. Her face was not visible because of the bright hollow light behind her.

          "Hannah...” She called her again, but now in a normal angelic tone. She held her hand in front of her wanting to catch her before she disappears. Soon enough the light engulfed her bit by bit, slowly vanishing.

 

          Hannah woke up sweating and panting, like she just finish running in a marathon, she sat straight up on her bed trying to catch her breath and to calm herself a bit. As she tried to breathe slowly tears were starting to fall down to her cheeks. It was another dream about the beautiful woman, her voice still echoing inside her head. Her dreams about the woman become more frequent after her encounter with the old lady who gave her the ring. She had to contain the pain she felt, the crushing pain inside her head every night and end up falling to sleep crying. Hannah would try her best to stay quiet so that Kai wouldn't hear her soft whimpers as she comforts herself from the pain. She was still trying to fix herself when Kai suddenly entered the room without knocking. He didn't say anything and just want straight to her. He held her in his arms, drawing soothing circles on her back. He had his head rested on her head, slowly swaying his upper body as if he was cradling her. Hannah loved the way he comforted her, especially the way her head rested perfectly on his chest. She felt his slow calm heartbeat, the help her calm hers as well.

          "Hey, hey, calm down. I'm here now." Kai said comforting Hannah with his simple words. Hannah cried even more when Kai spoke, no has ever been there when she need someone to comfort her, she had to comfort herself- she had no choice but to hold herself and tell herself that everything will be alright. Now she had Kai, she had someone to hold her- someone to tell her that everything will be alright. She didn't even have to call him, he would always be there right on time to fix her when she's broken.

          Hannah eventually fell asleep again in Kai's arms. Kai was on the other side of the bed next to Hannah. Her face was buried on his chest, Kai can feel her slow and steady breathing right now compared to her rough breathing earlier. He didn’t have the strength to leave her alone, he was afraid that the moment he leaves her side she would start having nightmares again. He caressed her hair and held her as close to him as possible. It comforted him in an unusual way, he felt lightheaded and like he was floating on cloud nine. Kai eventually fell asleep with Hannah. Neither of them moved from their position- both of them comforted by each other’s presence.

 

 

          Hannah’s alarm clock blared at 5:00 in the morning. The couple woke up at the same time. Kai was the one who turned off the alarm, while Hannah went back to sleep. Kai’s body was tense and he couldn’t move that much. Probably because of my unusual position last night. Kai thought. He was about to stand up when Hannah laced her arms around Kai’s arm. She snuggled on his arm and Kai couldn’t help but smile at Hannah. He went back to his position earlier and allowed Hannah to cling on his arms.

 

          “Please… don’t leave me…” Hannah whispered in her sleep, tightening her grasp on Kai’s arm.

          “Shh, don’t worry. I’m here…” Kai said, but he couldn’t say the last part of his sentence. He knew that one day he’d have to leave. He knew that one day he’d suddenly disappear. As much as he’d love to be by Hannah’s side forever, their situation doesn’t really apply to it right now. It would be a hard battle to fight for, especially if you’re clashing with the Supreme Being.

 

          He kept on caressing her hair while humming sweet melodies into her ear. Soon her tightly wrapped frail arms loosen around Kai’s masculine one. Kai took this opportunity to slip off and make breakfast for the both of them. He made their regular breakfast and went back to Hannah’s room at around 5:30 to wake her up. He found Hannah occupying the whole bed- her arms and legs spread across the whole mattress, tangled under her duvet.

 

“Hannah. Hannah, wake up. You’ll be late for school.” Kai said poking her waist. Hannah just squirmed and faced the other direction.

“Hmm… I’ll be out in 5 minutes, I promise.” Hannah replied while showing Kai five fingers to represent the 5-minute snooze.

“Don’t blame me if you’re late again. At least this time I woke you up.” Kai said before leaving Hannah’s room, and she just mumbled incoherent words at him.

 

          Surprisingly, Hannah did come out of her room after five minutes and headed straight to the bathroom with all of her clothes piled up on her hands. He just laughed at her when she almost hit the side table as she made her way to the bathroom wobbling. As Hannah entered the bathroom she placed her clothes on top of the flat surface next to the sink. After her usual warm bath she took her clothes and was about to leave when something metal dropped on the vinyl floor. It’s still here, it’s real. She saw the ring again. She thought it was all a fuzzy dream. She thought the ring was nothing. She slid the ring on her finger and there it was- a perfect fit. She left the bathroom and saw that Kai was still busy cooking in the kitchen. She went inside her room and started rummaging through her jewelry box to find a plain chain where she can simply use the ring as a pendant. She isn’t really one of those people who put jewelry, but this certain piece was something that felt close to her. She found an old silver chain that she once used for an old necklace but the pendant is now missing. She removed the lock and slid the ring through the thin chain and put it around her neck.

          Kai was still busy preparing their breakfast and Hannah’s lunch when his phone rang.

          “Hello?” Kai said answering the call.

          “Kai, what’s the progress with your mission right now?” I man with a deep voice said from the other line. The words he spoke came out so smooth in the most unusual way.

          “Ah, yes. I-I think I found the person you’ve tasked me to find sir.” Kai replied. His voice was tensed and he knew he was nervous. It’s been a long time since ‘he’ asked for the progress of his mission.

          “Okay then. I trust you on this. Never lie to me, remember I can your every move.” The man from the other line said before ending the call.

 

          After that call he felt so drained. He had to hold onto the countertop to support himself. He started fanning himself so he could go back to breathing properly, just as he was about to hold himself back up again Hannah entered the kitchen with a shocked look on her face.

 

          “H-hey! Are you okay? You’re sweating really badly!” Hannah said grabbing a few paper towels and dabbing them on Kai’s forehead. As she did Kai saw the thin silver chain around her neck with a ring designed with half of an angel’s wing as a pendant.

          “Where… Where did you get that?” He said touching the ring.

          “This? Some lady gave it to me… I don’t know why. She suddenly disappeared after sliding it on my finger. Why?” Hannah replied as he guided Kai to sit on a high stool near the countertop.

          “N-nothing…” Kai whispered. Now I’m sure that you’re the one I’m tasked to look for.

 

 


 

a/n:

 

UPDATE.Hello my lovely subcribers! Sorry for the supper long wait! I've graduated high school whohooo ♥♥♥♥♥♥ *throws confetti to herself* I love you guys! I'll try my best to make up for all of the months I haven't updated. Hope you enjoy this 'not-so-long' update!

-iambrielleiant