Post-its Pt. 2

Office Romance (?)

I was never good at origami, which makes me just want to hit my head against something solid, maybe a desk or a wall. See, an hour ago, I thought it was a good idea to unfold a special green post-it note.

Ugh. I'm dumb.

I guess he'll have to be content with the best origami I can do: a half box. Oh well.

I waited until I saw him step out of his office before dropping it off on top of his keyboard. (That way he won't miss it.) I don't know what's come over me. I'm really not the romantic type, you know? I'm more the laidback, 'okay, we're a couple, big deal' kind of person. But he's influencing me, that darn famous snack. So now I'm in my office, twiddling my thumbs, waiting to see his reaction.

I wonder if he even remembers.

No. Scratch that. I know he remembers. He's the romantic between the two of us. Which reminds me: I have a question to ask him later.

Anyway, you're probably wondering why I unfolded the post-it in the first place.

Should I even tell you?

Eh. You're going to think I'm just absolutely cheesy and gross.

Are you sure?

Fine.

Here's what it says:

You can have your tiny dragon back. I don't need it. You can take care of my heart instead.

Maybe I shouldn't have written it. Ew. I'm gross. I want to hide in a cave, now. Or maybe under a rock.

Gah.

"Hey. You okay there?" A familiar voice snaps me back from my inner dialogue.

"Huh?" I shake my head for good measure. "Yeah. Why am I not okay?"

"You look like you have some issues. Not that you don't actually have issues." He stuck his tongue out at me. I guess Sehun and I somehow made it out of the fire okay. Of course it was awkward the first few days after, but he's a lot more resilient than I thought he'd be.

Maybe because of that, we're actually a lot closer now than we were before. He feels like a little brother to me, the guy I tease, the guy who teases me back. I know it sounds absurd, the way our friendship dynamic just suddenly changed, but working in an office space together just makes the awkwardness disappear. Besides, it was like a middle school crush, the one that lasts a week. He's moved on to Jiwon, my lovely secretary. Not sure how well his attempts are going, but I can't lie: I'm relieved. At least he's not one to dwell on the past.

"Look who's talking, huh, you bipolar puppy," I match his sarcastic tone word for word.

"Wow. At least I'm a puppy. You're an old cat."

"Low blow, dude. Don't talk about my age, you brat." Those numbers aren't very friendly, I tell you.

He smiles that crescent smile again. This kid just knows how to placate me, doesn't he. "Sorry, Noona. Can't promise I won't do it again, though."

I throw a pad of post-it notes aimed at his chest. He laughs it off, and I laugh along, because who can resist that laugh? I'm so glad we're friends again.

-

Is he not going to answer me back? Was it too cheesy? Maybe he isn't into that kind of stuff. Maybe he'll end up ignoring it, because it's just too awkward to even address. Ugh. Once again, I feel dumb.

I lay my head on the cool desk, because that seems to be the right thing to do. Maybe he hasn't seen it yet. Maybe I could still sneak it back into my office, no harm done. That's the plan, then--get the post-it back.

I make a run for his office, ready to take the post-it back, and almost turn around by the sight of his figure behind the desk. Too late, he sees me.

"Shiyoung," the sound of doom.

I play it off. "What?"

"Come in."

I hesitate, then stand by the doorway.

"I'm sorry I did that." I point at the post-it, the one he's holding in his hands.

He doesn't respond. He just looks at me.

"Look. I tried folding it back into a dragon, but you know how horrible I am with arts and crafts, and it's just really difficult. Why did you make it so difficult?" Okay, I know. Pretty mature, shifting the blame onto him.

He chuckles. What. He chucked?

"You kept it all this time."

"It's special, okay?" I wonder where he's going with this.

He nods, accepting it without further question. He stands up suddenly, then walks towards me. "I thought it was actually appropriate how you turned it into a box." He was quickly closing the distance between us. I take a step back, because we're at the office, and nobody's supposed to know about us. We can't be standing together so close. He keeps stepping forward.

"Why is that?" I keep my calm even as my heart starts beating a million miles per minute.

"Because it's open, because it means you're letting me in. I like that. A lot." He smiles, and I melt a little inside.

And before I could think, he cups my face into his hands and kisses me. And he tastes like the fries we ate earlier, and a little hint of French vanilla ice cream, my favorite. But more than anything, he tastes like Lay.

But this is wrong. We're in the office. He has glass panels. This is just wrong. I push against his chest, breaking off the kiss.

"Stop. We're in the office," I sound breathless and unconvincing, even to my own ears.

"Everybody knows anyway," he smirks and continues right where he left off. And I don't fight back, because I love the feeling of his soft lips sending tiny shocks across my body, and I love how gentle but seductive he is. And I could care less about anyone else in the office, because at that moment, he was all that mattered.

"When did you start liking me?" We broke off the kiss but still remained close, forehead touching the other's forehead.

"There's no exact beginning," he said after some thought. " Because that's not the important question: you should ask me when I'll stop liking you."

I concede. "When do you stop liking me?"

"I don't know."

I feel my heart drop, because nobody wants to hear that reality after an amazing kiss.

"But I want us to share in that uncertainty together. I want us to live every day like we're a new couple. I want us to live every day like it's going to be our last day together. I want to be with you five years from now. Ten years from now. Eons from now. But let's start by counting today. Because today, you and me are together. And that's what counts."

And even if I didn't get the answer I wanted, I got the answer I needed. Him and me, living like it's our first time, living like it's our last time. I like that. A lot.

--

I'm finally done. Hahaha I hope that was satisfying enough. Sorry it took so long. Guess what. I have a midterm this week, but screw midterms. LOL I wanted to finally give the story closure. Hahahahahaa So, here's the final chapter. BTW, as you can see, no picture.

I miss y'all so much, you don't even know. I want to write a new story so bad, but I know realistically it won't happen. So, let's just stick with this. Sorry if it's sloppy. haha

Also, I have an important blog post I wan't y'all to read. It won't take much of your time, I promise!